SiouxSports.com Forum

TV Coverage of NCAA Regionals

RedFrog

Here is the current TV schedule for the Regionals:

All times are ET

Friday, March 26

East Regional -- Times Union Center/Albany, N.Y.

(1) Denver vs. (4) Rochester Institute of Technology, 3 p.m. (ESPNU HD)

(2) Cornell vs. (3) New Hampshire, 6:30 p.m. (ESPNU HD)

West Regional -- Xcel Energy Center/St. Paul, Minn.

(2) St. Cloud State vs. (3) Northern Michigan, 5:30 p.m. (ESPN360.com) - Tape Delayed on ESPNU at 11:30 pm

(1) Wisconsin vs. (4) Vermont, 9 p.m. (ESPNU HD)

Saturday, March 27

Northeast Regional -- DCU Center/Worcester, Mass.

(1) Boston College vs. (4) Alaska, 1:30 p.m. (ESPN360.com) - Tape Delayed to Sunday at 9:30 am on ESPNU

(2) North Dakota vs. (3) Yale, 5 p.m. (ESPN360.com) - Tape Delayed to Sunday at noon on ESPNU

Midwest Regional -- Allen County War Memorial Coliseum/Fort Wayne, Ind.

(1) Miami (Ohio) vs. (4) Alabama-Huntsville, 4 p.m. (ESPNU)

(2) Bemidji State vs. (3) Michigan, 7:30 p.m. (ESPN360.com) - Tape Delayed on ESPNU at 11:30 pm

East Regional -- Times Union Center/Albany, N.Y.

Regional final, 6:30 p.m. (ESPNU HD)

West Regional -- Xcel Energy Center/St. Paul, Minn.

Regional final, 9 p.m. (ESPNU HD)

Sunday, March 28

Northeast Regional -- DCU Center/Worcester, Mass.

Regional final, 5:30 p.m. (ESPNU HD)

Midwest Regional -- Allen County War Memorial Coliseum/Fort Wayne, Ind.

Regional final, 8 p.m. (ESPNU HD)

I don't see how a local entity doesn't pick up the Sioux game. I know for a fact that Midco is not on the ISP list to have access to ESPN360.com.

Other online places where you may be able to pick up games:

http://www.justin.tv

http://www.ustream.tv

http://www.livestream.com

If anyone gets any other information on how to watch the games, please post here!

If I remember correctly, didn't they initially list some of last year's first round games (including UND vs. UNH) on espn360.com, but ended up airing it live on another ESPN channel (ESPN2 or maybe an alternate channel)?

I find it hard to believe that ESPN won't find a way to do a live broadcast of the regional that Boston College is playing in.

Here is the current TV schedule for the Regionals:

I don't see how a local entity doesn't pick up the Sioux game. I know for a fact that Midco is not on the ISP list to have access to ESPN360.com.

Cableone in the FM area is not as well.

ESPN360. com is only available online. The only way to watch the game on TV would to be to watch the tape delay reply on Sunday on ESPNU. (I am pretty sure of this anyways). The good thing is that ESPN360 is normally free if you get your internet through a cable company (or other internet provider) that participates with ESPN. I am not sure any of the local (ND) providers are on that list, but you can look online. AT&T and Verizon are on the list, so if you get internet through them you are set. I am currently in AR and Cox Communications is on the list, so much of the SE should be covered.

ESPN360. com is only available online. The only way to watch the game on TV would to be to watch the tape delay reply on Sunday on ESPNU. (I am pretty sure of this anyways). The good thing is that ESPN360 is normally free if you get your internet through a cable company (or other internet provider) that participates with ESPN. I am not sure any of the local (ND) providers are on that list, but you can look online. AT&T and Verizon are on the list, so if you get internet through them you are set. I am currently in AR and Cox Communications is on the list, so much of the SE should be covered.

I have NDTC TV and I get it. You will know right away if you try to log in to ESPN360.com. If you can access them, you will get a window to sign in or register. It's always been a pretty good stream, but it also depends on your Internet speed.

Since the game(s) are also available via ESPN Syndication it will only be a matter of days before FightingSioux.com announces that a local provider (most likely Midcontinent) will pick up the game(s) and we'll be able to watch the game(s) on the Midcontinent channel.

There is also the chance that Fox Sports North might purchase the rights to the games but I'm guessing no since the last time they did, they did it because the Gophers were also in the NCAA Tournament.

Since the game(s) are also available via ESPN Syndication it will only be a matter of days before FightingSioux.com announces that a local provider (most likely Midcontinent) will pick up the game(s) and we'll be able to watch the game(s) on the Midcontinent channel.

There is also the chance that Fox Sports North might purchase the rights to the games but I'm guessing no since the last time they did, they did it because the Gophers were also in the NCAA Tournament.

Would it not make sense for Fox Sports North to purchase rights to games since of the 4 games that are going to be tape delayed (or on Syndication) 3 of them include St. Cloud, Bemidji State and UND? There is a lot of local interest I would think.

Would it not make sense for Fox Sports North to purchase rights to games since of the 4 games that are going to be tape delayed (or on Syndication) 3 of them include St. Cloud, Bemidji State and UND? There is a lot of local interest I would think.

Your totally right. That's what I get for not looking closely at the schedule. :p

Might not hurt to contact FSN by e-mail trying to encourage them to pick up the games. That way they'll know there is interest even if the Gophers aren't in the tournament.

There are no Wild, Twins or T-Wolves games on Saturday, but the Wild play Friday night (SCSU/NMU). Come on FSN, show UND and BSU!!!! We don't need to see another Twins Classic or championship bullriding.

Your totally right. That's what I get for not looking closely at the schedule. :p

Might not hurt to contact FSN by e-mail trying to encourage them to pick up the games. That way they'll know there is interest even if the Gophers aren't in the tournament.

Hope that works better than calling or e-mailing your congressman on health care.......

If I remember correctly, didn't they initially list some of last year's first round games (including UND vs. UNH) on espn360.com, but ended up airing it live on another ESPN channel (ESPN2 or maybe an alternate channel)?

I find it hard to believe that ESPN won't find a way to do a live broadcast of the regional that Boston College is playing in.

I think there is a Lacross game on :p

At first I did not understand why ESPN was not broadcasing this game on one of thier main channels but after looking at what they have scheduled I totally understand. :p

4:00 4:30 5:00 5:30

ESPN 206 World's Strongest Man World's Strongest Man SportsCenter

ESNHD 207 ESPNEWS ESPNEWS ESPNEWS ESPNEWS

ESN 207 ESPNEWS ESPNEWS ESPNEWS ESPNEWS

ECL 208 Winter X Games Classix - Women of X Winter X Games Classix - Women of X

ESPN2HD 209 Spring Football - LSU 30 for 30 - The Legend of Jimmy the Greek

ESN2 209 Spring Football 30 for 30 - The Legend of Jimmy the Greek

I have NDTC TV and I get it. You will know right away if you try to log in to ESPN360.com. If you can access them, you will get a window to sign in or register. It's always been a pretty good stream, but it also depends on your Internet speed.

it looks like i can access it, but it told me that i have the wrong plugin to view it when I clicked on watch/view.....did you have to download anything to get it to play?

At first I did not understand why ESPN was not broadcasing this game on one of thier main channels but after looking at what they have scheduled I totally understand. :p

4:00 4:30 5:00 5:30

ESPN 206 World's Strongest Man World's Strongest Man SportsCenter

ESNHD 207 ESPNEWS ESPNEWS ESPNEWS ESPNEWS

ESN 207 ESPNEWS ESPNEWS ESPNEWS ESPNEWS

ECL 208 Winter X Games Classix - Women of X Winter X Games Classix - Women of X

ESPN2HD 209 Spring Football - LSU 30 for 30 - The Legend of Jimmy the Greek

ESN2 209 Spring Football 30 for 30 - The Legend of Jimmy the Greek

Oh, yeah, I can see that all that stuff is in high demand!

it looks like i can access it, but it told me that i have the wrong plugin to view it when I clicked on watch/view.....did you have to download anything to get it to play?

I guess I'd try another browser. If you're using Mozilla try IE.

The plug ins used nowdays seem to be Adobe Flash or Microsoft Silverlight. You could search for those for your browser.

I guess I'd try another browser. If you're using Mozilla try IE.

The plug ins used nowdays seem to be Adobe Flash or Microsoft Silverlight. You could search for those for your browser.

ok, thanks. I was using IE (the only browser I have right now) and I have Adobe Flash...I will have to try it again later.