SiouxSports.com Forum

Denver Pioneers Come To the Ralph

The Whistler

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the first period on Friday night is HUGE. If the Sioux come out and play the body and take it to the pios and get a couple of early goals it could be a great weekend. If they sit back and let Gwoz work the officials they could easily get swept at home. This is a big weekend for Hakstol as well. He can't let Gwoz work over the officials the way he does. Every time Gwoz tries to pull his normal crap Hak has to have his word with them as well or it will be the same old same old 5 DU powerplays in a row.

Its good to see Eidsness get back on track and hopefully he's ready to go for the postseason run. He needs to be our best player over the last two months of the season for something special to happen.

Its good to see Eidsness get back on track and hopefully he's ready to go for the postseason run. He needs to be our best player over the last two months of the season for something special to happen.

Any chance we see Dell for a game this weekend?

They both played very well against Cornell, as did the defensive corp.

Any chance we see Dell for a game this weekend?

They both played very well against Cornell, as did the defensive corp.

My gut feeling is BE plays both games after his play last night and shutout...for 59:51.

Who ever is in net might see as many shots from DU on Friday as Cornell got off all weekend. The forward skill coming into the Ralph markedly better than what Cornell put out on the ice.

My gut feeling is BE plays both games after his play last night and shutout...for 59:51.

Who ever is in net might see as many shots from DU on Friday as Cornell got off all weekend. The forward skill coming into the Ralph markedly better than what Cornell put out on the ice.

I think you might be right but If he lays a stinker either night, in will come Dell.

I think dell starts friday and BE sat, BE despite last night hasn't been that sharp and he had his chances against uw and minny and stunk up the joint. dell has earned the right to be at least part of the conversation.

I like Dell size and positioning, he seems like one of the bigger goalies UND has had in some time. Dell also doesn't get out of postion as much and is more of a stand up/butterfly goalie. I like what I have seen out of him.

I like Dell size and positioning, he seems like one of the bigger goalies UND has had in some time. Dell also doesn't get out of postion as much and is more of a stand up/butterfly goalie. I like what I have seen out of him.
Totally agree goon.He does not get out of position like BE can do at times.From what I have seen of him he seems to be very confident in himself just how he goes about his business.

Totally agree goon.He does not get out of position like BE can do at times.From what I have seen of him he seems to be very confident in himself just how he goes about his business.

Hak said after the game last night that Dell will get a start next week.

Tim was suprised he said that as Hak never commits a week ahead & asked him about

it after the interview.

Hak said he can always change his mind.

I have to think Dell will get a start. Sure he had a rough night when he started at home against St. Cloud but as mentioned, BE hasn't been sharp either. I think a rotation between the two might be what we need in net. Both just need to concentrate on being shutdown for one night per weekend.