SiouxSports.com Forum

Denver Pioneers Come To the Ralph

The Whistler

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hextall got hurt before Knight and both were "out for 4-6 weeks". Wonder if there is any chance Hexy might be back this weekend as well?

I think we'll see knight this weekend, if he traveled last weekend he's got to be close to being ready. boy would that be nice to get hextall back this weekend or for scsu for sure.

Hextall got hurt before Knight and both were "out for 4-6 weeks". Wonder if there is any chance Hexy might be back this weekend as well?

Knight said that he was recovering faster than they originally thought he would. My guess is that he plays and Hextall is out 1 or 2 more weeks.

for some perspective on this look at eddie the eagle's numbers in 1987 they weren't that stellar, but he had a team that routinely scored 4,5,6 goals for him so when he gave up 2-3 a night it didn't make a difference. if this team could ever score 4 on a routine basis BE would rarely ever be brought up.

You really can't compare the game today with what it was over 20 years ago.

You really can't compare the game today with what it was over 20 years ago.

I agree look at the size of the equipment now compared to back then. Also, the carbon Fiber sticks are lot better than the wood of yester years.

great job by the sioux on defense as a whole this last weekend! i know cornell isnt a offensive machine but to go on the road in that arena and give up 2 total goals is awesome! the 6 may be coming together. still need someone to jump up and create a little more offensivley but overall very good job on the weekend!!

for some perspective on this look at eddie the eagle's numbers in 1987 they weren't that stellar, but he had a team that routinely scored 4,5,6 goals for him so when he gave up 2-3 a night it didn't make a difference. if this team could ever score 4 on a routine basis BE would rarely ever be brought up.

I remember being surprised that he jumped shipped after the one year. Who knew at the time he'd go on to such an amazing career? Yeah I mean who besides Goon. (Speaking of, what a team we would have had if Goon's buddy (at least Goon knew him) George Pelawa had lived for his freshman year that season.)

Interesting I was looking up the spelling of Pelawa's name and wiki says supposedly this song is about George.

I remember being surprised that he jumped shipped after the one year. Who knew at the time he'd go on to such an amazing career? Yeah I mean who besides Goon. (Speaking of, what a team we would have had if Goon's buddy (at least Goon knew him) George Pelawa had lived for his freshman year that season.)

Interesting I was looking up the spelling of Pelawa's name and wiki says supposedly this song is about George.

">

Interesting. I hadn't heard that before.

In the fall of 1988, the band released their sixth album Victory Day which contained the track "Big League," about the death of a young hockey player. The young man's father had approached Cochrane on the day of a concert, mentioning that his son was a big fan of Red Rider's song, "Boy Inside The Man." Cochrane asked the man if his son was going to be attending the concert, and the man responded that his son had recently died in a car accident.

When he was a kid, he'd be up at five

Take shots till eight, make the thing drive

Out after school, back on ice

That was his life, he was gonna play in the Big League

The Big League

Not many ways out of this cold northern town

You work in the mill and get laid in the ground

If you're gonna jump it will be with the game

Real fast and tough is the only clear lane to the Big League

My boy's gonna play in the Big League

My boy's gonna turn some heads

My boy's gonna knock 'em dead

The Big League

All the right moves when he turned eighteen

Scholarship and school on a big U.S. team

Out with his girl near Lake McClean

Hit a truck doing seventy in the wrong lane

To the Big League

Never can tell what might come down

Never can tell how much you get

Just don't know, no you never can tell

Sometimes at night I can hear the ice crack

It sounds like thunder and it rips through my back

Sometimes in the morning I still hear the sound

Ice meets metal...

"Can't you drive me down to the Big League?"

Never can tell what might come down

Never can tell when you might check out

Just don't know, no you never can tell

So do right to others like you do to yourself

In the Big League

for the record going back to last season BE is the reason we were able to get a tie on Sat against the Pioneers. he has done it just not as often as we would like.

He also bailed us out vs CC last year on Sat afternoon - he made several huge saves in the final period/overtime to earn a tie.

He has his faults (down too much, strays outside the pipes too often) but he has been pretty solid. He will be tough to beat as an upperclassmen the next couple years.

denver post article

The Pioneers, who fell to No. 3 in the media polls after failing to win a weekend game for the first time this season, will face the always-willing-to-fight Fighting Sioux, who are ranked fourth. :angry: awesome

"I wouldn't say we have to make up for it, but they're big games as far as seeing what we're made of," DU senior center Tyler Ruegsegger said. "Having a tough weekend (at Wisconsin) and then going to North Dakota, where there will be an even more hostile arena, is a big challenge."

The Pioneers, who fell to No. 3 in the media polls after failing to win a weekend game for the first time this season, will face the always-willing-to-fight Fighting Sioux, who are ranked fourth. :angry: awesome

Chambers is just mad that Denver didn't go undefeated this season like he predicted. :p

Not that we've been perfect, but I can't recall any of our games being lost because of the goalies not playing well enough to win.

yeah, they've both been pretty solid. little trouble with the gophers in game two a couple weeks ago and miami did get five on us, but other than that, it's been three or less in every game.

friday night's game it on the nhl network. anybody hear any rumors about fcs picking up the saturday game? so far directv is showing other events scheduled on 617 and 623 during the saturday game.

weird as i had set my dvr yesterday for saturdays game on direct tv on 623. now its showing nothing. hope that changes again back to the sioux game!!

denver post article

"I wouldn't say we have to make up for it, but they're big games as far as seeing what we're made of," DU senior center Tyler Ruegsegger said. "Having a tough weekend (at Wisconsin) and then going to North Dakota, where there will be an even more hostile arena, is a big challenge."

I like this quote from Chambers:

The Badgers' lively student section undoubtedly made it a difficult place to play for the Pioneers. But the atmosphere in Madison will be considered tame compared with the expected antics that will unfold this weekend against North Dakota in Grand Forks.

To this I say: YOU BETCHA!!!