SiouxSports.com Forum

BIG SNOW DAY PLANS

BudLight

It's unbelievable...I've been at UND four years now and we've never missed a scheduled day of school. :whistling:

We had a cancellation due to cold weather, around January of '89 or '90 I think. It was announced the night before and became a mass exodus to the bars, so we might have ruined it for you. :ohmy::blush:

We had a cancellation due to cold weather, around January of '89 or '90 I think. It was announced the night before and became a mass exodus to the bars, so we might have ruined it for you. ;):ohmy:

I remember that one. We staggered back from the Down Under about 1:00 am utterly wrecked. It really didn't seem that cold and we couldn't figure out the fuss ... :blush::whistling:

I remember that one. We staggered back from the Down Under about 1:00 am utterly wrecked. It really didn't seem that cold and we couldn't figure out the fuss ... :blush::whistling:

I heard about these when I was in college but I can't remember them ever canceling school for anything other than a flood.

There are some days you have to look around you and wonder why everything and everyone else is closed (including NDSU) and think to yourself, maybe there's a reason. It'll take someone getting seriously hurt on a bad weather day for UND to cancel. Maybe they should be proactive instead of reactive.

Classes after 3:30 have been cancelled.

Wonder took them so long to figure this out.

I was wondering why Thompson schools didnt cancel till this morning either. Every school around us was cancelling for today last night already.

EDIT: Not so much a bad day at home with the kids. One fight, and so far since then it's been good.

Because of a lack of a brain for whoever decides to cancel the schools I received emails from all of my teachers last night saying that they would be cancelling classes and wishing no one to attempt to travel in the weather. Kudos to those teachers who will do what(for some reason) the administration will not do.

I decided that tomorrow...UND doesn't have to cancel classes. But... that doesn't mean I will be going. I got a parking ticket today for parking in metered parking without money in the meter because I didn't feel like dying on the walk from the ralph parking lot. How nice of them :blush::whistling:

I decided that tomorrow...UND doesn't have to cancel classes. But... that doesn't mean I will be going. I got a parking ticket today for parking in metered parking without money in the meter because I didn't feel like dying on the walk from the ralph parking lot. How nice of them :blush::whistling:

You could have parked in the ramp

You could have parked in the ramp

I heard the ramp was full at 9 am, and it was still full when I went to class at around 1. There were, of course, some pay spots open and a crap load of reserved spots. It's sure nice that they built this parking ramp for us so that it can sit half-empty all day because UND insists on charging $600 a semester for a spot in it.

I was a little surprised that parking was as difficult as it was today...figured there would be a lot more skippers. I think the ramp was full because it is on the east side of campus, right next to all the science buildings, and Lord knows that they will NEVER cancel a science class. I got a little sick of all my friends who have class in Gamble all day telling me how all their classes were cancelled. Oh well, one more thing to add to the awesome list of reasons to (not) be a biology major.

Back in Oct 01 there was a surprise 8 inches of snow (or so) that fell and only afternoon classes got cancelled. Unfortunately I only had morning classes that day. That was the only time classes were cancelled the 4.5 years I was there.

In January 04 we had nearly a whole week of high temps around -40 degrees air temp (not wind chill) and classes were not cancelled at all. They said they were going to leave it up to the individual professors to cancel their classes. The only thing they forgot was that there was no system set up for professors to alert their students if they weren't going to come in. So a few times during that week I showed up to class only to find out the professor wasn't coming in today. That wasn't fun at all.

Classes not starting until 10 am

Offices also closed until 10 a.m., a fact I did not discover until after I awoke at 6! Boo! UND continuing to monitor situation and will make another announcement, if necessary, at 7 a.m.. Check webpage www.und.edu

• 2 weeks later...
apparently UND is closed...according to another thread in the community forum.

All the GF schools are closed too. We are closed in Thompson, and many other small towns in the area have closed as well. So far, Thompson has made up 2 storm days, and it looks like this will be another. What happened to the days when they built in 3 storm days into the school calendar?

All the GF schools are closed too. We are closed in Thompson, and many other small towns in the area have closed as well. So far, Thompson has made up 2 storm days, and it looks like this will be another. What happened to the days when they built in 3 storm days into the school calendar?

Not sure on ND schedule but they used to forgive like every other day. Tougher to build in storm days in MN because of having to start after Labor Day and many schools like to end right around Memorial day. EGF has had the one storm day (now two)and they are already making that first one up at the end of the year.