SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX/GOPHERS SATURDAY

gfhockey

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard John Hill on kfan saying that fischer is on his way back to minneapolis and stoa maybe out with a lower body injury.

I actually think stoa is just probably scared.

Didn't he have a terrible knee injury last year? He looked fine to the end of the game when he checked (ok) Hextall and then jumped on him when he was down. Wouldn't it be terrible if he aggravated pulling a bush league move like that?

The check REALLY was a strong check so it's hard to imagine that he was in bad shape at that point.

Regardless of Stoa and Fischer, I HIGHLY doubt the same outcome tonight.

This Gopher team is very good. WORLDS better than last year's team. And I've only rarely seen the Gophers (against any opponent, not just the Sioux) come out bad in two straight games.

The Sioux haven't put together two straight games with the same urgency displayed last night yet. They've swept two teams (SCSU and BSU) but I argue that both times the opponents either made it very close (BSU) or for some reason failed to capitalize on our mistakes (SCSU).

The Saturday SCSU game was ugly for us, yet we still won. If we play like that tonight, we'll lose.

We need to play just as well as we did last night and assume that the Gophers will score at minimum 2 goals within the first two periods. In fact, I'd like to see them coming out of the gate playing like they are already down 2 goals right off opening faceoff.

Looks like Finley is playing well.

Looks like Kozek showed some flashes too.

I'm happy about last night. Let's complete the deal. The Sioux have already done far better than I thought they'd do. I didn't think we'd score 6 on Minnesota unless you count both games and even then...

First 4 Sioux goals happened right in front of me, making the 2nd doubly sweet. It's been a long, long time since I've seen the Sioux play with such intensity as in the first two periods last night. But that was then, this is now. We've got to get a sweep tonight. These two points are huge. Well, that is, they will be huge as long as the Gophers don't screw up our RPI by tanking the rest of their season!!

Gotta be careful though. We don't want to contract hantavirus, that disease that you get from sweeping up rodent droppings.

The "Block M," the new universal sign for choking.

This has nothing to do with Sioux/Gophers saturday, but, I was watching a Saturday Night Live Sports Extra that I had DVR'd on Jan 4th. Got to a "Sportscenter" skit with Ray Romano and a SNL cast member (cant remember his name) and they were talking about hockey with the Coyotes and they showed a clip of it. The clip was actually the title game of 2000 between UND and BC. It showed the last seconds of the game and a short time afterwards of the celebration. Had a good shot of Goehring.

Has anyone else ever seen this?

This has nothing to do with Sioux/Gophers saturday, but, I was watching a Saturday Night Live Sports Extra that I had DVR'd on Jan 4th. Got to a "Sportscenter" skit with Ray Romano and a SNL cast member (cant remember his name) and they were talking about hockey with the Coyotes and they showed a clip of it. The clip was actually the title game of 2000 between UND and BC. It showed the last seconds of the game and a short time afterwards of the celebration. Had a good shot of Goehring.

Yeah I caught that skit on that Sports Extra the night it aired and noticed the Sioux celebration. Sweet sassy molassey.

A couple more things out of me :angry:

Someone want to make some $$$ ? Get the pics of the two Grandma's they show on the big screen

(especially the one with the beers :D ) & get them on a T Shirt (Green & White)

Grandma Power - Lets Go Sioux :huh:

& my throat is weird today from yelling - those who say the Ralph can't yell & get into it - are Nutz - Just give us a reason & last night qualified :D

Thanks You ! Fighting Sioux - I needed that :love:

keep pressuring ness on that blue line. i think he thought he was a fighting sioux last night the way he gave the puck up to the green and white

is stoa out for sure? go sioux, finish the sweep on the rodents every way possible

"

"Sweet Sassy Molassey!" That was actually the 1997 Title Game with Schwietzer jumping in the air.

Just heard John Hill on kfan saying that fischer is on his way back to minneapolis and stoa maybe out with a lower body injury.

I actually think stoa is just probably scared.

Send them all back to MSP...with no points! I can't wait to hear what Doug and "the Rug" have cooked up for tonight's pre-game show. Maybe a video of Fischer and (possibly) Stoa's road trip back to the Cities?

abSIOUXlutely no reason the sioux shouldn't play with the same effort and execution as last night. Certainly the Goofs will come out with some enhanced motivation, but I don't believe tonight will be much different than last evening.

I expect a rougher game with the Goofs trying to entice the Sioux into fights/penalties. If the Sioux remain disciplined and take care of business with a solid 60-minute effort = sticks raised at center ice making the sweep official and securing a crucial 4-point weekend.

I can't believe that Stoa wouldn't play tonight. I hate the gophs, but the guy did step up for his hockey team last night (whether it be cheap or not), like any captain should do. As a former hockey player and a former captain of a team there are certain injuries that you play with and certain ones that you don't. When you're the captain you have to set the example for your teammates and play with those tough injuries. I mean you look at Goligoski a couple of years ago, the guy played with an injury a lot of guys would take two weeks off with.

I think that Stoa plays tonight, if not then maybe he isn't the right captain for the U like I thought he was last night.