SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

On tsn.ca it looks like Kozek has been placed on the injured reserve from Atlanta, anyone have any updates on him?

Thanks

Siouxhockey5

He had hernia surgery and didn't play in any of the training camp..I'm guessing he is just rehabbing in ATL before they send him down when he is ready to Chicago (AHL)

You know it's hockey season when, in the season opener, instead of running things on the ticker like "NHL season underway, great games abound" or something more creative, the headliner is: Crosby held scoreless.

Oh, I hope the hockey world rights itself and Crosby scores 10 points tomorrow. I'm sure Bettman is bummed that his god child had such a lack luster start to his season.

Chicago is playing Colorado on Versus starting right now, I guess Chicago has some former Sioux guy named Taves or something like that. :D

Chicago certainly did not look good last night. They are going to get kicked around this fall, with the question of whether they can be playoff-ready by springtime.

Did Sidney Crosby or Alex Ovechkin play for the Sioux? Why do they keep getting mention in the "former players" thread? huh.gif

While neither of them played FOR the Sioux, they BOTH played in Grand Forks during the 2005 World Junior Tournament for Canada and Russia respectively. Awesome talent in town playing right here at the Ralph for that tourney!!

Zajac scores the Devils first goal of the season.

The ZIP line member least expected. :lol:

And Parise with the 2nd.

UND 2 - Dallas 0 :lol:

I was watching that game before the Sioux game on replay on NHL center Ice and the Parise Goal was a beauty.

That is not updated.

As far as AHL all I know is:

Vandy & Chorney are in Oklahoma City... I think they are in Houston's division, so they might be a good bet.

Kozek is in Chicago. (Is Forney there or in the ECHL?)

Finley is in Hershey.

Is Watkins still in San Antonio?

JP Lam is in Abbotsford.

I'm sure a new list can be made that is better than my "off the top of my head" attempt at a list :lol:

While neither of them played FOR the Sioux, they BOTH played in Grand Forks during the 2005 World Junior Tournament for Canada and Russia respectively. Awesome talent in town playing right here at the Ralph for that tourney!!

Can't forget Malkin was here too for the tourney.

That is not updated.

Vandy & Chorney are in Oklahoma City... I think they are in Houston's division, so they might be a good bet.

Finley is in Hershey.

JP Lam is in Abbotsford.

I'm sure a new list can be made that is better than my "off the top of my head" attempt at a list :lol:

and according radke's facebook page, his current city is Mission, Texas....no idea why he is down there, but I believe that there is a couple of CHL teams that are in that region.

That is not updated.

Finley is in Hershey.

JP Lam is in Abbotsford.

Watkins is indeed in San Antonio.

Forney is in fact in Chicago (AHL)

To add to the list:

David Hale is with Binghamton (OTT)

Chris Porter is with Peoria (STL)

And that's all that I found.

Haven't checked the ECHL at all tho.

ECHL Former Sioux:

There's actually not a whole lot.

As mentioned, JPL is tending nets for Utah...

and that's it by my calculations. Not sure what happened to JPar. He might be playing overseas? Don't know what happened after the tryout with the Rangers concluded.

On the CHL:

Aaron Schneekloth - Colorado

Kyle Radke - Rio Grande Valley

Not a Sioux player but... wasn't a Les Reaney supposedly going to come to UND but went elsewhere instead? He's playing in Rapid City, SD for the CHL. Just thought the name was familiar.

Drew Stafford and the Buffalo Sabres took on Toews and the Blackhawks tonight. I believe Toews and Stafford were linemates for a good portion of Toews' freshman year (don't quote me, might have to blow the dust off a couple dvd's), so it was a good matchup.

Stafford won the stat sheet battle, but Toews and the Hawks won the war. Drew potted a goal and was 3rd star. Toews was scoreless but dominated facoffs winning 16 of 23.

Stafford now has 2 goals and 3 assists through 6 games so far, so things are looking up for him this year it appears.

Parise and Oshie also tallied assists in losses.