SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Wasn't quite sure where to put this, but sounds like the Blackhawks will, for the first time ever, televise their entire 82-game regular schedule on both cable and free television. Watching Toews just got a whole lot easier!! :D (They held a press conference, you don't suppose it was an April Fools' joke do you? :lol: )

Wasn't quite sure where to put this, but sounds like the Blackhawks will, for the first time ever, televise their entire 82-game regular schedule on both cable and free television. Watching Toews just got a whole lot easier!! :D (They held a press conference, you don't suppose it was an April Fools' joke do you? :lol: )

No offense to the deceased, but if "WWW" was still alive, you bet it would be an April Fool's joke.

Since he's passed away, I think it may be legit.

With back to back 30+ goal seasons, ZPAR is really establishing himself as a premier forward in the NHL. All of us who watched him regularly in GF knew he would be, but to be a consistent 30 goal man puts you in pretty elite company.

Thomas Vanek has also had an excellent second half and also has 32 goals. He has done a 40 goal season followed by a 30 goal season. This is also very special.

Throw what Toews is doing out there as well and Stastny, and man we had some special WCHA forwards the last few years; and those are just the NHL superstars, there are a ton of NHL regulars too.

Wasn't quite sure where to put this, but sounds like the Blackhawks will, for the first time ever, televise their entire 82-game regular schedule on both cable and free television. Watching Toews just got a whole lot easier!! :lol: (They held a press conference, you don't suppose it was an April Fools' joke do you? :ohmy: )

I believe I read 20 of these games will be on WGN which we get in GF!

With back to back 30+ goal seasons, ZPAR is really establishing himself as a premier forward in the NHL. All of us who watched him regularly in GF knew he would be, but to be a consistent 30 goal man puts you in pretty elite company.

Thomas Vanek has also had an excellent second half and also has 32 goals. He has done a 40 goal season followed by a 30 goal season. This is also very special.

Throw what Toews is doing out there as well and Stastny, and man we had some special WCHA forwards the last few years; and those are just the NHL superstars, there are a ton of NHL regulars too.

And they all got clutched, grabbed and interfered with until they left, leaving their WCHA statistics as unspectacular for spectacular players. Thanks for the effort, here's your parting gifts. Oh, and tell all your friends to come play in the only league that still rewards the less skilled players for slowing everyone else down to their level.

The Fargo Force picked up another ex-Sioux to join Dean Blais for their USHL's team debut this fall. Chad Johnson will be Blaiser's assistant and will serve multiple duties from what Blaiser said last night. I know Chad wanted to stay in Fargo and is very happy with everything. There should be an announcement soon with another former Sioux player joining the Fargo Force.

Just in case anyone's looking for a new desktop background . . . I love pictures like this.

0a67ec219a428ea526ebba70e321705e-getty-76074420jm001_philadelphia_.jpg

02ffdca5b161b3acc6cb710a3f969cf1-getty-76074489jm001_new_jersey_de.jpg

Oh, and there's an article on NHL.com about Chicago's James Wisniewski. He's the resident prankster for the Blackhawks and recently got caught drawing whipped cream hearts all over Toews' new SUV.

Oh, and there's an article on NHL.com about Chicago's James Wisniewski. He's the resident prankster for the Blackhawks and recently got caught drawing whipped cream hearts all over Toews' new SUV.

They had video of that on the Blackhawks game last night - it was hilarious. :lol:

Brian got an assist tonight (Thursday, because I haven't slept yet) in the Sens' 8-2 win over the Maple Leafs... Commodore also got 2 penalties in the game, a 2min penalty for elbowing in the 1st and a 2min cross-checking in the 3rd... Jason Blake also got a 2min roughing penalty in the 3rd... Looked like it was an exciting game haha

That is, if I'm reading the stats right...

This was on the NBC hockey broadcast. Apparently, some of the blackhawks Troy Murray, Toews UND and Burish Wisconsin had a bet on last weekend's regional and since the BADgers lost to the Sioux Burish had to wear a fighting Sioux jersy on the team airplane to their game.