SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Ouch! That looks nasty!!! Johnny had some pretty good games wearing a full cage at the X last year. Go Hawks!

it looks like it was his own stick that hit him in the face as he didn't let go of it with his bottom hand as we braced himself to get hit...it came up and whacked him pretty good....lost a tooth and 50 stitches...that can't feel good!!! he's a trooper though..good for him to not miss any time!!

Ouch! That looks nasty!!! Johnny had some pretty good games wearing a full cage at the X last year. Go Hawks!

Why guys who grow up wearing a full cage don't continue to do so once they go pro is beyond me. If 40 stitches and a knocked-out tooth is worth being called "macho," then feel free to call me a wussy boy.

Don't take this as a knock on Toews...I just don't understand the macho culture of risking severe inury to your face or eyes.

Uh, I think Zach just scored . . . I can't see the game, sounded like a weird angle goal. Goal number 26, snaps a 4 game pointless streak.

Parise is 6 goals shy of topping his career high for a season with 17 games left in the season.

Somebody wearing a Sioux jersey directly behind the Blackhawks bench.

Sitting next to a person wearing a Toews Blackhawks jersey.

Looks like WCHA game out there. Bourque, Towes, Parish, Burrish...

Maybe that's his replacement for lack of facial hair (the stitches could look like wiskers) :sad: Although I don't think the Blackhawks are going to make the playoffs this year. :huh:

It will be close, Blackhawks are making a push right now and they did look good against the Wild last night. They have won 8 of there last 11.

CSN Chicago just made some great comments about Toews in the pregame. Probably the best is how he has played through injuries, including his latest stitches, and that it almost embarasses the other players who are sitting off with weak injuries (Lang, "soar back", Eager missed at least 20 with a mild concussion)

CSN Chicago just made some great comments about Toews in the pregame. Probably the best is how he has played through injuries, including his latest stitches, and that it almost embarasses the other players who are sitting off with weak injuries (Lang, "soar back", Eager missed at least 20 with a mild concussion)

Understandable, but I'm not sure I'd call a concussion of any gradient a "weak" injury. Didn't Kaip suffer a concussion of some sort and then took the rest of his freshman season to overcome the after effects?

Understandable, but I'm not sure I'd call a concussion of any gradient a "weak" injury. Didn't Kaip suffer a concussion of some sort and then took the rest of his freshman season to overcome the after effects?

This was mild, I think he suffered it in a pretty weak fight, I'll try and find the video

This was mild, I think he suffered it in a pretty weak fight, I'll try and find the video

nice to see jonny out there after that amount of stitches but concussions are one thing you dont mess around with

nice to see jonny out there after that amount of stitches but concussions are one thing you dont mess around with

Well they termed it a mild concussion but i do see where you were coming from. Tonight Eager got in a fight and turtled (Parros began sucker punching him), I think he might have been scared but some say he might not have been cleared to fight yet. But hey something you don't see everyday, Eager drew a 7, yes 7 minute power play in the incident. The sad thing, the Blackhawks did not capitalize, but still beat the Mighty Sucks 3-0.

To relate this in some way to the former players thread, I did listen to the first 5 minutes on the radio with Troy Murray calling the game, and Toews did have a decent game. :angry::cool:

Two nights ago the TSN analysts had a rookie of the year debate and they all agreed that Toews would be the hands down winner were it not for the injuries. They stated that there are plenty of stars in this years crop but that when Johnny is in the lineup he has demonstrated that he is a Superstar.