SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

there is a report out that the toews and the blackhawks will be playing the red wings at wrigley field this coming january.

Bettman keeps getting more and more retarded.

First off, Wrigley is a beautiful baseball field, but I wouldn't want to ruin the old stadium by putting up hockey there.

Secondly, Soldier Field would be a better idea... Or maybe Comiskey (Yeah, I refuse to call it U.S. Cellular).

Thirdly, I think it would be better if it already wasn't a big rivalry. Make it Pittsburgh (Crosby and Malkin) vs. Chicago (Toews and Co.).

Bettman keeps getting more and more retarded.

First off, Wrigley is a beautiful baseball field, but I wouldn't want to ruin the old stadium by putting up hockey there.

Secondly, Soldier Field would be a better idea... Or maybe Comiskey (Yeah, I refuse to call it U.S. Cellular).

Thirdly, I think it would be better if it already wasn't a big rivalry. Make it Pittsburgh (Crosby and Malkin) vs. Chicago (Toews and Co.).

Actually, this makes good sense. Wrigley is a smaller field so the fans will be closer to the ice than they would be in either of the other stadiums. Plus, the Wrigley name will draw attention to the game much more than almost any other stadium in the country. And there is no way they would put Pittsburgh in this game since they played in the outdoor game this past year. So you put the other Stanley Cup team (possibly the defending champs?) against a team with 2 of the best youngsters in the league (Toews and Kane). From a marketing standpoint, this is probably one of the best match-ups to use.

Actually, this makes good sense. Wrigley is a smaller field so the fans will be closer to the ice than they would be in either of the other stadiums. Plus, the Wrigley name will draw attention to the game much more than almost any other stadium in the country. And there is no way they would put Pittsburgh in this game since they played in the outdoor game this past year. So you put the other Stanley Cup team (possibly the defending champs?) against a team with 2 of the best youngsters in the league (Toews and Kane). From a marketing standpoint, this is probably one of the best match-ups to use.

I personally think the whole outdoor hockey game thing is retarded but that is just my HMO.

I watched the game in Buffalo this year but it bugged me that they had to stop the game to

clean the snow off the ice.

I personally think the whole outdoor hockey game thing is retarded but that is just my HMO.

I watched the game in Buffalo this year but it bugged me that they had to stop the game to

clean the snow off the ice.

Grouchy, aren't we.

I bet if we had a 20k+ remodeled Memorial Stadium vs Alerus, we would be all over an outdoor game in GF.

I will take an outdoor game anyday vs. a "glowing puck" or some other gimmick like that.

Grouchy, aren't we.

I bet if we had a 20k+ remodeled Memorial Stadium vs Alerus, we would be all over an outdoor game in GF.

I will take an outdoor game anyday vs. a "glowing puck" or some other gimmick like that.

Bring back BLUE ICE!!!! :D

Grouchy, aren't we.

I am not grouchy I just think the outdoor games are a gimmick.

I think that if a person was drunk and looked at that field could actually cause you to lose your lunch because it is so ugly.

What do you know... a venue that keeps alcohol consumption to a minimum. That way, less jerks and idiots abound. Self-moderation abounds.

Sounds like a great venue to me. :D

Toews meet and greet up for auction:

Auction

The winner of this auction will receive a Fantasy Package which includes the following:

- Airfare for two to Chicago from anywhere in North America

- Two nights in a hotel in Chicago

- A chance to have a meet and greet with Jonathan Toews

- A chance to watch the Blackhawks practice before game time

- Two tickets to the hockey game

- A personalized item from Jonathan Toews himself

What do you know... a venue that keeps alcohol consumption to a minimum. That way, less jerks and idiots abound. Self-moderation abounds.

Sounds like a great venue to me. :)

I think looking at it being sober would be enough to make me lose it.

It's over $1600 now. I wish this was a drawing not auction. My chance would only be about one in a million, but at least I'd have one.

$1610 to be exact, but still....there are people who would pay that for a jersey only and that was when he was in college....a year in the NHL and that much is worth more than that.