SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Parise on Radio - not sure if it's live or not, but if you go to the front page of NHL.com and it's the first of the "pictures". - having a hard time getting it to buffer correctly - not sure if it's my computer or if it's the "feed".

Zach's interview already happened . . . he was on at about quarter to 2.

Didn't really say anything new. He said Marty told the forwards how to beat Toskala and said he enjoys watching the Red Wings (he was a Wings fan growing up). Just a run of the mill interview, Zach was as usual very polite, even when chided about being a heartthrob for hordes of teenage girls. :angry:

Jason Blake with 1 goal and 2 assists tonight against Boston. Boy has Boston left the building - got a 10 spot hung on them the other night by Ovechkin and lost tonight 8-2.

As a bruins fan I am lucky there is nothing sharp in the house :angry:

I was going to watch that after the Wild game but I just deleted it.

I can't bear to watch it.

Come on now. If I am not mistaken hasn't the Redwings taken a crap lately?

I always say that the Red Wings have taken a break from winning when they start losing games.

With the Mild, they take a break from average to sub-average hockey to win games. :D

By the way, I'd take Zetterberg and Datsyuk over any of the players on the Wild, Gaborik included.

Ryan Bayda and the Carolina Hurricanes are playing the Wild right now on FSN-North.

He almost had a goal just now.

I was at the game at the RBC and got a few pics of the warmups and beginning of the game before the batteries in my camera died. got a bunch of Bayda warming up. ill put em up later when i have time.

and btw, the hit from Voros on Staal.....ugly...good thing is Staal was ok and started on the first shift after the hit (15 mins later lol) but the hit was just brutal. league should have suspended Voros, but, of course, didnt. Oh well, Cole stood up for his buddy Staalsy and beat down Voros. he deserved it.

Parise gets in his first NHL fight. Didn't win, but didn't do terrible either! Parise draws a misconduct on Boyle of the Lightning.

Jesus, this was like the second game I didn't watch all season and I miss this. Who did he fight? Thank god for the NHL Network, I have to check this out when I get home.

Jesus, this was like the second game I didn't watch all season and I miss this. Who did he fight? Thank god for the NHL Network, I have to check this out when I get home.

Looks like it was Dan Boyle, at least according to the box score.

Looks like it was Dan Boyle, at least according to the box score.

Hockey players are a different breed . . . if I just got punched in the face and had my clothes ripped off I wouldn't be smiling. But Zach's all like "That was awesome. Hockey is fun."

467dfcdd299bffc26b13d4e45fbf112a-getty-76074429bb007_tampa_bay_lig.jpg

Hockey players are a different breed . . . if I just got punched in the face and had my clothes ripped off I wouldn't be smiling. But Zach's all like "That was awesome. Hockey is fun."

467dfcdd299bffc26b13d4e45fbf112a-getty-76074429bb007_tampa_bay_lig.jpg

He must be the only NHL player with all his teeth!! At least, I think their his teeth. :D

IIRC correctly, Zach lost a tooth either his first NHL season or his second.... or was that earlier this year for Toews?

Toews lost at least one tooth when he got his stitches and Zach is missing a tooth and a half. He has fakes for now. Kind of like Darcy, only Darcy doesn't wear his during a game.

Toews lost at least one tooth when he got his stitches and Zach is missing a tooth and a half. He has fakes for now. Kind of like Darcy, only Darcy doesn't wear his during a game.

Prp doesn't wear his fake when he plays either. Must be a personal thing.

IIRC correctly, Zach lost a tooth either his first NHL season or his second.... or was that earlier this year for Toews?

That was his first season; he lost 1.5 bottom teeth, but got them replaced.

They showed his post game interview with the press on NHL network the gist of which was:

"I don't really know what happened. There was a scrum and then the next thing I know half my gear is off. It's just one of those things you've gotta do. It was fun. I don't know if they (my teammates) were laughing at me or inspired by it, but it's something you've gotta do."

That was his first season; he lost 1.5 bottom teeth, but got them replaced.

They showed his post game interview with the press on NHL network the gist of which was:

"I don't really know what happened. There was a scrum and then the next thing I know half my gear is off. It's just one of those things you've gotta do. It was fun. I don't know if they (my teammates) were laughing at me or inspired by it, but it's something you've gotta do."

I know I was laughing, yet hoping he didn't get KO'd! :D

Attention all jersey lovers out there:

Tonight during pregame warmups and in honor of Blackhawks great Bobby Hull, J. Toews wore number 9, don't know what will happen with the jersey. That is a rare jersey as I'm guessing it will never happen again, so keep your ears open (I will to) in case that jersey goes up for sale.

Parise gets into a fight and likes it - Newark Star Ledger

Zach Parise said he hadn't fought since midget hockey, but he didn't seem any worse for wear afterward, and actually said he didn't mind dropping the gloves at all. "It seems okay," Parise said of fighting. "It was pretty fun. We can do that again."

"I was proud of him," coach Brent Sutter said of Parise. "To battle like that. Just the way Zach competes and plays -- he didn't back down, and I thought he handled himself very well."

"We don't want him to do it, I don't think it's his thing. But I think the reaction, you don't mind that," said goaltender Martin Brodeur. "You just don't 'turtle.' (Parise) went after him, so it's kind of nice."

Attention all jersey lovers out there:

Tonight during pregame warmups and in honor of Blackhawks great Bobby Hull, J. Toews wore number 9, don't know what will happen with the jersey. That is a rare jersey as I'm guessing it will never happen again, so keep your ears open (I will to) in case that jersey goes up for sale.

The jersey is up for auction at the Blackhawks store. Starting bid is $2500

http://www.hawkquarters.com/