SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Johnny Toews currently playing against Detroit on NBC. Announcers shared a story about how Chicago dman Adam Burresh lost a bet to Toews and Blackhawk radio guy Troy Murray when the Sioux beat the badgers in the NCAA's last week. Burresh had to wear a Sioux jersey on the plane! Announcers very complimentary of Toews...

This was on the NBC hockey broadcast. Apparently, some of the blackhawks Troy Murray, Toews UND and Burish Wisconsin had a bet on last weekend's regional and since the BADgers lost to the Sioux Burish had to wear a fighting Sioux jersy on the team airplane to their game.

Guess your faster than I am...

Well, while we're discussing hockey players and baseball . . .

New Jersey Devils forward Zach Parise pulled the lever that lowered to 74 the number of regular-season games remaining at Yankee Stadium. The Devils play the New York Rangers in the first round of the NHL playoffs, and Parise smiled when the crowd booed him

Source: AP

the next two sport athlete? jon knows hockey... jon knows baseball... jon knows guitar hero?? bo didley might be a little beyond the new generation :lol:

I can assure you Jonny does not know baseball. Never played it, probably never will.

Parise is a wild man tonight. Had an assist on NJ goal by coraling the puck away from two Rangers and passing the puck to Elias all the while on his stomach. He's then had two wicked shifts - no goals, but if he keeps playing this way he will.

It's a very good, high paced game, not only is parise playing well, travis zajac and his line are doing amazing.

I was at the Devils game tonight and watched Zach Parise get his two front teeth knocked out courtesy of a cross check to the mouth. He picked them up, and came out for his next shift. They called the play a double minor for high sticking; it should have been a cross checking major.

Devs lost 2 - 1. :)

I was at the Devils game tonight and watched Zach Parise get his two front teeth knocked out courtesy of a cross check to the mouth. He picked them up, and came out for his next shift. They called the play a double minor for high sticking; it should have been a cross checking major.

Yeah that happens in the playoffs!! Lucky they can afford a good dentist. Although I think some NHL players like the toothless look....aka Brent Burns and Fedoruk for the Wild.

Yeah that happens in the playoffs!! Lucky they can afford a good dentist. Although I think some NHL players like the toothless look....aka Brent Burns and Fedoruk for the Wild.

I can't imagine.

Devs lost, but I just dont' think the Devs have what it takes this season. They need better D.

I can't imagine.

Devs lost, but I just dont' think the Devs have what it takes this season. They need better D.

They need tougher D...other than Colin White, who I think is playing but i am not sure, they have a soft D. The Rangers have very skilled forwards.

Zach went straight to a Dentist after the game but I bet he will take losing two teeth versus what the Flyers Thoresen might lose. Ouch :)

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460

Parise scored his first goal of the playoffs tonight in the Devs 4 - 3 OT win.

Parise talks about his teeth (Had to have another root canal).

Watch Parise lose his teeth.

Parise welcomes you to The Rock on Inside the NHL.

Zach played pretty well last night, he scored a goal. Good to see the Devils back in the series.

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but congrats to Matt Greene and Drew Stafford for being named to the 2008 U.S. Men's National Team, which will compete in the IIHF World Championships in a few weeks. Hopefully they can bring home the gold, here is the roster,

http://www.usahockey.com/uploadedFiles/USA...amp/roster3.doc

As expected, Toews also made Team Canada.