SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX Recruits - 2008-09 Updates, Monitoring Their Junior League Play

AZSIOUX

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was called better baseball through chemistry

In the case of 25 year old men putting on 30 lbs in a year (Jason Giambi was my favorte example), that is chemistry.

But for a lot of 18 and 19 year old kids it happens when they start lifting like they are supposed to lift and eat what they are supposed to eat. And the pituitary gland turns on. Looking forward to seeing Cichy in green and white.

Steroids, of course, aren't permitted, and the NCAA has the right to test anyone randomly. I've never heard of anyone being tested though.

3 Players are randomly chosen from each team after the national semis & maybe the regionals.

IIRC, After the 2001 semi win, Noterman was one of the 3 picked. He was so dehydrated after the game the team bus had to wait a while for him to donate his sample.

He had a goal. Tied for 4th in scoring with 52 points.

I was there; I know he scored.

His presence on the ice was not obvious as it is for most "stars"; he was just there.

He'll be a nice addition to the Sioux, but I was, frankly, hoping to be wowed.

I wasn't.

He had a goal. Tied for 4th in scoring with 52 points.

Forney with 3 goals and 2 assists on the weekend. Tied for 6th in scoring with 48 points.

Wow all I can say is Des Moines is brutal. Bruneteau had a goal and an assist.

I hope the speculation about Forney coming back to UND next year is true. He is really having a good USHL year...

I hope the speculation about Forney coming back to UND next year is true. He is really having a good USHL year...

There wasn't a lot of love for Forney when he was with the Sioux but I hope you're right and he can produce at UND if he comes back. I always felt he should have gone the USHL route and got healthy before coming the UND but at the time we were short due to guys going pro so they brought him earlier than they should have.

There wasn't a lot of love for Forney when he was with the Sioux but I hope you're right and he can produce at UND if he comes back. I always felt he should have gone the USHL route and got healthy before coming the UND but at the time we were short due to guys going pro so they brought him earlier than they should have.

That's a nice way of putting it.

That's a nice way of putting it.

Wait a minute. Maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder but I don't recall Forney getting ripped much at all. He may not have gotten a lot of love but that would have been because he rarely made it on the ice. I do recall Forney making a couple of nice plays when he did get on the ice and people applauding him for it.

Just because he's gone don't just throw him into your pile of Sioux players that you think other fans have thrown under the bus. If my memory on the matter is wrong remind me but I don't have time to go back and research it.

Maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder but I don't recall Forney getting ripped much at all. He may not have gotten a lot of love but that would have been because he rarely made it on the ice. I do recall Forney making a couple of nice plays when he did get on the ice and people applauding him for it.

This is how I remember it as well.

I don't recall him being ripped on at all (aside from some people calling him a bust), but most posters realized that he was injured for a good portion of the time that he was here, which is a good reason why he didn't take the ice that much.

With how he has played this year in the USHL, it seems that he is fully recovered, which is great. Hopefully he comes back next year and does well.

Wait a minute. Maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder but I don't recall Forney getting ripped much at all. He may not have gotten a lot of love but that would have been because he rarely made it on the ice. I do recall Forney making a couple of nice plays when he did get on the ice and people applauding him for it.

Just because he's gone don't just throw him into your pile of Sioux players that you think other fans have thrown under the bus. If my memory on the matter is wrong remind me but I don't have time to go back and research it.

The poor guy didn't get enough playing time to be ripped. UND can't go wrong in taking him back. He has been here before and knows the expectations, he has obviously overcome his injury and he has had the opportunity to mature in juniors.

This is how I remember it as well.

I don't recall him being ripped on at all (aside from some people calling him a bust), but most posters realized that he was injured for a good portion of the time that he was here, which is a good reason why he didn't take the ice that much.

With how he has played this year in the USHL, it seems that he is fully recovered, which is great. Hopefully he comes back next year and does well.

I think some were expecting another Oshie.

Others thought otherwise. He is obvously now healthy and will be interesting to see how much he contributes next year.

I think some were expecting another Oshie.

Others thought otherwise. He is obvously now healthy and will be interesting to see how much he contributes next year.

Forney was a Mr.Hockey finalist which is what brought the expectations and hype with his arrival at UND. The fans never saw what he could do because he was injured most of the time. Ideally, he would've played in the USHL right out of high school.

The poor guy didn't get enough playing time to be ripped. UND can't go wrong in taking him back. He has been here before and knows the expectations, he has obviously overcome his injury and he has had the opportunity to mature in juniors.

I think his return would be welcomed because he is an older player and will have gotten some PT in Juniors to work out the

kinks. Isn't he a high draft choice? I think he could do well.

I think his return would be welcomed because he is an older player and will have gotten some PT in Juniors to work out the

Anybody know of other options that he may have? I would think that if he plans on coming back to UND next year that he obviously wouldn't be looking for another school and maybe other schools wouldn't be looking at him.

Anybody know of other options that he may have? I would think that if he plans on coming back to UND next year that he obviously wouldn't be looking for another school and maybe other schools wouldn't be looking at him.

not sure but i would say he and the coaches have been in contact throughout his ushl year seince he left and have a agreement. just a guess and i as well look forward to seeing forney next seaon with the sioux

He was a 3rd round draft pick. There was talk of him being an even higher draft pick, but his health history didn't warrant the risk.

I don't think Forney was ripped on as much as Finley/Lee/whoever, but he certainly was. Why would he be called a bust? Because he got injured?

Didn't Martens take a while to break into the regular lineup? He may not be a draft pick, but I'd love to know how well the Sioux would be doing without him. So is he a bust?

I hope Forney returns to UND, but I would not be surprised AT ALL if he took his skates and stick elsewhere.

He was a 3rd round draft pick. There was talk of him being an even higher draft pick, but his health history didn't warrant the risk.

I don't think Forney was ripped on as much as Finley/Lee/whoever, but he certainly was. Why would he be called a bust? Because he got injured?

Didn't Martens take a while to break into the regular lineup? He may not be a draft pick, but I'd love to know how well the Sioux would be doing without him. So is he a bust?

I hope Forney returns to UND, but I would not be surprised AT ALL if he took his skates and stick elsewhere.

Before he was initially hurt he was considered a possible 1st round draft pick. Most of the ripping had to do with 1 injury after the next, fair or unfair...