SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX Recruits - 2008-09 Updates, Monitoring Their Junior League Play

AZSIOUX

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont think hes played against ANY good teams as hes not even on the mr hockey final list. fabricated numbers. i think he commited to scsu

Yeah, he's bound for SCSU. Most of the SCSU fans are drooling over him too. They must not realize that Diggler could put up 50 goals against the teams that St Francis plays. ;)

We'll see how he does against USHL opponents.

Yeah, he's bound for SCSU. Most of the SCSU fans are drooling over him too. They must not realize that Diggler could put up 50 goals against the teams that St Francis plays. ;)

We'll see how he does against USHL opponents.

I'd imagine it'd be the NAHL but thats just my personal opinion. They've played Benilde a couple times this year which was the only real quality opponent and he managed 1 goal in the games. His line is on the ice the majority of the game, if you've ever seen this team play some of the teams in their league you would understand why his numbers are inflated. I'm not trying to bash the kid but the level of competition is just not their in his league...sorry It came off as a bash my apologies.

If I was SCSU, I'd be more hyped about Ben Hanowski of Little Falls. I know he hasnt played the toughest schedule, but hes 13 points(with 4 regular season games left), from breaking Johnny Pohls all-time record in points and he passed Dave Spehar's record of 171 goals in his career.

2005- 35 goals/29 assistsvv- 64 pts

2006 - 40 goals/71 assists - 111 pts

2007 - 48 goals/47 assists - 95 pts

2008 - 50 goals/46 assists - 96 pts

http://minnesota-high-school-hockey.blogsp...wski-watch.html

If I was SCSU, I'd be more hyped about Ben Hanowski of Little Falls. I know he hasnt played the toughest schedule, but hes 13 points(with 4 regular season games left), from breaking Johnny Pohls all-time record in points and he passed Dave Spehar's record of 171 goals in his career.

2005- 35 goals/29 assistsvv- 64 pts

2006 - 40 goals/71 assists - 111 pts

2007 - 48 goals/47 assists - 95 pts

2008 - 50 goals/46 assists - 96 pts

http://minnesota-high-school-hockey.blogsp...wski-watch.html

I didn't know SCSU fans could get any more hyped over Hanowski!!

As for Benik, I'm hopeful, but he's a gamble... period.

ANDREW MACWILLIAM - D - Camrose - AJHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Toronto, 7th Rd, #188

NICK MATTSON - D - NTDP U18

DANNY MATTSON - F - Holy Angels - HS

MIKE FINK - F - Des Moines - USHL

JOE GLEASON - D - Des Moines - USHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Chicago, 7th Rd, #192

BRETT BRUNETEAU - F - Des Moines - USHL - 2007 Draft pick of Washington, 4th Rd, #108

MIKE CICHY - F - Indiana - USHL

DANNY KRISTO - F - Omaha - USHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Montreal, 2nd Rd, #56

DEREK FORBORT - D - Duluth East - HS

MATT WHITE - F - Des Moines - USHL

MICHAEL PARKS - F - St. Louis Selects - Midget

CORBAN KNIGHT - F - Okotoks Oilers - AJHL

BRENDAN O'DONNELL - F - Winnipeg Wild - Midget

CARTER ROWNEY - F - Grand Prairie Storm

Sorry to get way off topic. But, I was wondering (and I don't hope) if there is any chance we would lose some of these players to major junior (Garrett Clarke). I obviously know the one's already in the USHL surely wouldn't hop to major junior. But the younger players in midgets and high school and AJHL? Your thoughts.

probably not. clarke was a way different situation. cichy was a threat but he has been very pro college and will be at und next year. the AJHL is just another junior league and i wouldnt worry one bit about nick mattson, forbort and danny mattson. so the answer would be most likely not at all regarding these players

tonight

USHL

gleason 2 pim in 10-3 loss friday

white no stats in 10-3 loss friday

bruneteau 2a in 10-3 loss friday

fink 2 pim in 10-3 loss friday

cichy 1a in 3-1 win friday

kristo +1 in 3-2 shootout win and he made his shootout attempt

AJHL

macwilliam - score not in

knight - not playing tonight

dell - score not in

rowney - score not in

tonight

USHL

gleason 2 pim in 10-3 loss friday

white no stats in 10-3 loss friday

bruneteau 2a in 10-3 loss friday

fink 2 pim in 10-3 loss friday

cichy 1a in 3-1 win friday

kristo +1 in 3-2 shootout win and he made his shootout attempt

AJHL

macwilliam - score not in

knight - not playing tonight

dell - score not in

rowney - score not in

Cichy is moving up the USHL scoring charts and will be 2nd shortly, despite spending most of the season with an awful team.

tonight

USHL

gleason 1a in 3-2 win

white 2 pim in 3-2 iwn

bruneteau 4 shots in 3-2 win

fink 2 shots in 3-2 win

cichy 1a in 3-2 loss

kristo team didnt play tonight

HS

danny mattson 3a in 3-1 win

derick forbort 2a in 7-2 win

Rowney 3pts...2 goals 1 assist.

Dell got a win but high scoring but allowed 5 goals to a 6-5 win.

MacWilliam 2 assists and not penalty mins

As a new poster I have noticed that monitoring junior league play of recruits seems to consist primarily of posting statistics. This is understandable I suppose given that few posters appear to be able to actually see these recruits in action. I enjoy reading the rare reports from posters who have seen the boys in action. I have been fortunate to see quite a few AJHL games this season in which Dell, MacWilliam and Knight have played. MacWilliam doesn't put up the scoring numbers or have GAA and save % that Dell has to act as indicators of how well he is doing. His type of game doesn't come across easily by looking at box scores but I have been able to find some info that paints a more complete picture for those who haven't seen him play. He's got good numbers for a D-man with 7 goals and 18 assists. More importantly he leads his team with +31 (next closest is +15) and has been named the Kodiaks Player of the Game 10 times this season (most recently on Feb 13). He's had a number of fighting majors but the box scores show that he has not had one instigating penalty. His most recent fight last week was against a Brooks Bandit player who had speared one of the Kodiaks the period before and had later thrown an elbow into the face of another Kodiak re-breaking his jaw (the victim was playing his first game after missing 30 games with a broken jaw and was wearing a full cage). What shows in the box score is a fighting major but what doesn't show is MacWilliam delivering a message to the other team on behalf of his fallen teammate. The box scores also don't show numbers of hits. I'd be willing to bet that MacWilliam leads the league in that category. I'm attaching link to Kodiaks stats that shows more than on the AJHL website. http://www.camrosekodiaks.com/2008season/kodiakstats.pdf

Rowney 3pts...2 goals 1 assist.

Dell got a win but high scoring but allowed 5 goals to a 6-5 win.

MacWilliam 2 assists and not penalty mins

Should also comment on Dell's last win. Yes, he allowed 5 goals but he also made 41 saves and was key to the Canucks victory. I saw him play in the AJHL All-Star game in which he was the only goalie with a shut-out period in a 14-13 offensive shinny game. He's the real deal...I mean Dell.

As a new poster I have noticed that monitoring junior league play of recruits seems to consist primarily of posting statistics. This is understandable I suppose given that few posters appear to be able to actually see these recruits in action. I enjoy reading the rare reports from posters who have seen the boys in action. I have been fortunate to see quite a few AJHL games this season in which Dell, MacWilliam and Knight have played. MacWilliam doesn't put up the scoring numbers or have GAA and save % that Dell has to act as indicators of how well he is doing. His type of game doesn't come across easily by looking at box scores but I have been able to find some info that paints a more complete picture for those who haven't seen him play. He's got good numbers for a D-man with 7 goals and 18 assists. More importantly he leads his team with +31 (next closest is +15) and has been named the Kodiaks Player of the Game 10 times this season (most recently on Feb 13). He's had a number of fighting majors but the box scores show that he has not had one instigating penalty. His most recent fight last week was against a Brooks Bandit player who had speared one of the Kodiaks the period before and had later thrown an elbow into the face of another Kodiak re-breaking his jaw (the victim was playing his first game after missing 30 games with a broken jaw and was wearing a full cage). What shows in the box score is a fighting major but what doesn't show is MacWilliam delivering a message to the other team on behalf of his fallen teammate. The box scores also don't show numbers of hits. I'd be willing to bet that MacWilliam leads the league in that category. I'm attaching link to Kodiaks stats that shows more than on the AJHL website. http://www.camrosekodiaks.com/2008season/kodiakstats.pdf

Thanks for posting!

You're right. We're reliant upon what little scouting information we can find and the rest stats. Any information is greatly appreciated, especially when it comes to D-men like MacWilliams and goaltenders like Dell.

thanks for the info.

Wow, awesome...keep it coming!

Should also comment on Dell's last win. Yes, he allowed 5 goals but he also made 41 saves and was key to the Canucks victory. I saw him play in the AJHL All-Star game in which he was the only goalie with a shut-out period in a 14-13 offensive shinny game. He's the real deal...I mean Dell.

All I know is we got a Dell dude!! That makes me happy!

awesome and yeah when it comes to ajhl all we have are stats ya know. we know macwilliam is a very tough d man who can hit with the best of them and create some plays. cant wait to see him at und. thanks for posting.

I live in Canada too so I watch any televised action or attend the games of future players whenever possible. If you have been following the Sioux and this thread for any length of time I stated that MacWilliam is going to remind most Sioux fans of former Sioux and current NHL D-man Matt Greene.

I also added that his hit on future Sioux Danny Kristo during the World Junior Challenge final was the hit of the game.

I live in Canada too so I watch any televised action or attend the games of future players whenever possible. If you have been following the Sioux and this thread for any length of time I stated that MacWilliam is going to remind most Sioux fans of former Sioux and current NHL D-man Matt Greene.

I also added that his hit on future Sioux Danny Kristo during the World Junior Challenge final was the hit of the game.

This makes me very happy and I am sure that we will hear fans all around the league unhappy with the Sioux.

Comments like, "how dare they recruit and play hockey players like that." ;) It will also be fun watching him destroy

Gopher players that come infront of the Sioux net.

We're all expert paper scouts around here. ;) Thanks for your first hand input and welcome to the board.