1 Sr Marto

2 Sr Lapoint

3 Jr Blood

4 Jr Feinhage

5 So Mc Williams

6 So Olsen

7 So Gleason

8 Fr Mattson

I don't see Marto or Lapoint leaving early. Forbort is not on this list and he is a cinch to be a top draft pick and it would be hard to make him wait a year. Even if we don't get Olsen, it is still a logjam.

The numbers don't add up for Olsen to come here.

I agree with you there. Also, if you look at the forward situation the numbers don't add up there either. Next year I would guess would look like this at forward:

Duncan-Cichy

Watkins-Kristo

Martens-Bruneteau

Kozek-Forney(If still coming back)

Miller-Knight or Mattson

I wouldn't be surprised if both Mattson and Knight come in as I think the bigger log jam is 2010 with:

VandeVelde-Fink

Zajac-Rowney

Plus Rodwell and Knight or Mattson if they both don't come in 09. Also as of right now, White is listed as a 2010 recruit. It looks to me as if the only recruiting that they will be doing any time soon is for the 2011 class as both D and Forward look pretty full for the next 2 years. Obviously I don't have any early departures listed which may happen.

I agree with you there. Also, if you look at the forward situation the numbers don't add up there either. Next year I would guess would look like this at forward:

Duncan-Cichy

Watkins-Kristo

Martens-Bruneteau

Kozek-Forney(If still coming back)

Miller-Knight or Mattson

I wouldn't be surprised if both Mattson and Knight come in as I think the bigger log jam is 2010 with:

VandeVelde-Fink

Zajac-Rowney

Plus Rodwell and Knight or Mattson if they both don't come in 09. Also as of right now, White is listed as a 2010 recruit. It looks to me as if the only recruiting that they will be doing any time soon is for the 2011 class as both D and Forward look pretty full for the next 2 years. Obviously I don't have any early departures listed which may happen.

i dont think they will bring in mattson and knight. you cant have that many extra forwards and expect players to stay and so forth. one one or the other should come in forney does come back as we expect

i dont think they will bring in mattson and knight. you cant have that many extra forwards and expect players to stay and so forth. one one or the other should come in forney does come back as we expect

I agree only one should come but if you look at the numbers what is going to happen in 2010 then if we only lose the seniors. At least two if not three forwards would have to be pushed back a year unless there is an early departure. I have a feeling that maybe a couple of these AJHL recruits (Rowney and Rodwell) might be just partial scholarship-fourth-line depth guys. I'm sure the coaches know what they are doing and am sure that the recruits and coaches are on the same page as to when each is likely to come in.

I agree only one should come but if you look at the numbers what is going to happen in 2010 then if we only lose the seniors. At least two if not three forwards would have to be pushed back a year unless there is an early departure. I have a feeling that maybe a couple of these AJHL recruits (Rowney and Rodwell) might be just partial scholarship-fourth-line depth guys. I'm sure the coaches know what they are doing and am sure that the recruits and coaches are on the same page as to when each is likely to come in.

your last line is correct. its all fun for you and i and others to speculate but bottom line the coaches know exactly what is going on :huh:

danny mattson 1g 5a in 8-1 win tonight

knight 1g 2a and #1 away star in 4-1 win tonight

Mattson has to be a serious threat for Mr. Hockey. This line is pretty crazy: http://mbhsh.stats.pointstreak.com/playerp...p;seasonid=3534 He also has to be making his case to go straight to college, and get drafted a little higher than his mid-term ranking: http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=29396 No matter what happens it should be fun to see him in a Sioux jersey.

ANDREW MACWILLIAM - D - Camrose - AJHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Toronto, 7th Rd, #188

NICK MATTSON - D - NTDP U18

DANNY MATTSON - F - Holy Angels - HS

MIKE FINK - F - Waterloo - USHL

JOE GLEASON - D - Des Moines - USHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Chicago, 7th Rd, #192

BRETT BRUNETEAU - F - Des Moines - USHL - 2007 Draft pick of Washington, 4th Rd, #108

MIKE CICHY - F - Tri-City - USHL

DANNY KRISTO - F - Omaha - USHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Montreal, 2nd Rd, #56

DEREK FORBORT - D - Duluth East - HS

MATT WHITE - F - Des Moines - USHL

MICHAEL PARKS - F - St. Louis Selects - Midget

CORBAN KNIGHT - F - Okotoks Oilers - AJHL

BRENDAN O'DONNELL - F - Winnipeg Wild - Midget

CARTER ROWNEY - F - Okotoks Oilers - AJHL

AARON DELL - G- Calgary Canucks - AJHL

DEREK RODWELL - F - Okotoks Oilers - AJHL

Ok, I just noticed this! But you still have Cichy playing for Tri-City instead of Indiana. Just saying! you don't have to change it...i appreciate that you keep a list going!

Ok, I just noticed this! But you still have Cichy playing for Tri-City instead of Indiana. Just saying! you don't have to change it...i appreciate that you keep a list going!

thanks, i copied the old list and forgot to change that.

ANDREW MACWILLIAM - D - Camrose - AJHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Toronto, 7th Rd, #188

NICK MATTSON - D - NTDP U18

DANNY MATTSON - F - Holy Angels - HS

MIKE FINK - F - Waterloo - USHL

JOE GLEASON - D - Des Moines - USHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Chicago, 7th Rd, #192

BRETT BRUNETEAU - F - Des Moines - USHL - 2007 Draft pick of Washington, 4th Rd, #108

MIKE CICHY - F - Indiana - USHL

DANNY KRISTO - F - Omaha - USHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Montreal, 2nd Rd, #56

DEREK FORBORT - D - Duluth East - HS

MATT WHITE - F - Des Moines - USHL

MICHAEL PARKS - F - St. Louis Selects - Midget

CORBAN KNIGHT - F - Okotoks Oilers - AJHL

BRENDAN O'DONNELL - F - Winnipeg Wild - Midget

CARTER ROWNEY - F - Okotoks Oilers - AJHL

AARON DELL - G- Calgary Canucks - AJHL

DEREK RODWELL - F - Okotoks Oilers - AJHL

recruits tonight

ajhl

knight 1a inn 8-5 loss

macwilliam didnt play tonight for whatever reason in 3-1 win

rowney 2a in 4-3 and #1 away star

ushl

gleason 12 pim (cfb) in 5-2 loss

white 1a in 5-2 loss

bruneteau 4 pim in 5-2 loss

fink 1g in 5-2 loss

kristo 2 shots in 4-1 loss

cichy 1g, 3 shots in 3-1 win

recruits tonight

ajhl

knight 1a inn 8-5 loss

macwilliam didnt play tonight for whatever reason in 3-1 win

rowney 2a in 4-3 and #1 away star

ushl

gleason 12 pim (cfb) in 5-2 loss

white 1a in 5-2 loss

bruneteau 4 pim in 5-2 loss

fink 1g in 5-2 loss

kristo 2 shots in 4-1 loss

cichy 1g, 3 shots in 3-1 win

Kodiaks left 5 regulars, including MacWilliam and Olsen, at home and played rookies and affiliates in a meaningless game in Brooks. Resting for playoffs which start next Friday. Listening to Kodiaks - Canucks on internet now (possible prelude to Round 1 playoff match-up) and both MacWilliam and Olsen are playing with Dell in net for Canucks (3-2 Camrose at end of 2). Okotoks (Knight and Rodwell) idle tonight and Grande Prairie (Rowney) playing Drayton Valley.

ajhl

rowney1g, 1a and 2 pim in 4-3 win - tied for 3rd in ajhl scoring with 35-43=78 pts (leader at 86 pts)

macwillian 1a, 2 pim in 4-3 loss

dell got the win stopping 30 of 33 shots

ushl

cichy 2 shots in 2-1 loss

kristo2a, 4 shots in 4-3 loss

whiteno stats in 8-2 loss

gleason5 shots, 2 pim in 8-2 loss

bruneteau1a in 8-2 loss

fink no stats in 8-2 loss

HS regular season is over

regular season ending stats for

DANNY MATTSON 25 gp, 22-49=71 pts....(3rd highest in state) +49 which may be tops in state in +/- as a few didnt show that stat.......team ended 18-4-1

DEREK FORBORT 22 gp, 4-14=18pts.............team ended 19-3-1

DANNY MATTSON 25 gp, 22-49=71 pts....(3rd highest in state) +49

I'm much more impressed with Mattson's 71 pts than I am with Hanowski and Benik's (both SCSU recruits) point totals. Little Falls and St Francis don't play near the competition that Holy Angels does.

I think the Sioux got the best recruit out of those three...

I'm much more impressed with Mattson's 71 pts than I am with Hanowski and Benik's (both SCSU recruits) point totals. Little Falls and St Francis don't play near the competition that Holy Angels does.

I think the Sioux got the best recruit out of those three...

I hear you there. Danny Mattson is the best foward in the state along with Leddy as the best d-man. The Mr. Hockey award will be between those two.

I hear you there. Danny Mattson is the best foward in the state along with Leddy as the best d-man. The Mr. Hockey award will be between those two.

I've seen Mattson play a few times this year in person and he will become a favorite of Sioux fans. I like the fact that he has over double the amount of assists to goals. very unselfish player that does all the little things that make good players great.

I've seen Mattson play a few times this year in person and he will become a favorite of Sioux fans. I like the fact that he has over double the amount of assists to goals. very unselfish player that does all the little things that make good players great.

If I could set the homer-ism aside for a minute. It is hard to do, but; I would give the award to Hanowski hands down. I love Mattson and can't wait to see him in Kelly Green, but what Hanowski has done on a non traditional power is remarkable. Completely disregarding the point totals, I would say Hanowski is the most deserving.

I think this kid is one of the more underrated recruits out there right now (if you base recruits on nhl draft status/ranking)

There are a lot of teams that could have had a steal with Cichy. I suspect he will go in the top 4 rounds this year.

This is just scary:

Cichy: The biggest thing was strength. Last year (pauses), I had the option to go to school this year, and I took the option and said, "No, I'm not ready yet." I didn't feel physically ready to go to North Dakota this year. So, basically I worked on strength this summer. I went from about 165 to, I'd say, 195 by the end of the summer. So, I put on a bit of weight, and it was all muscle. With the strength aspect of that, and then just shooting pucks, working on the little things that you do every day, it just came together nicely.