SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX Recruits - 2008-09 Updates, Monitoring Their Junior League Play

AZSIOUX

Could be and I hope he makes it but I see Porter and Vandy as similar players. Porter is booged down in Peoria and I see the same thing for Vandy in Springfield. Kinda like Irmen in Houston. These guys are close but not quite NHL caliber players.

If I was Danny I would get out of the Wild organization as soon as possible. Unless D.R. and J.L. are gone after seasons end.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was any player I would get out of the Mild organization.

Now I'll disagree with this.

If you are a gritty defensive forward or a solid stay at home defenseman, the Mild won't be that bad.

If you are a goalscorer or a play maker, I'd avoid the Mild like the plague.

It's like the Texas Rangers of the NHL. Its where goalscorers go when their career scoring goals is to die.

Kinda why I wonder what Koivu would be like on a team like San Jose, Detroit, Chicago, or even Washington.

It's why Backstrom made the NHL All Star team. You don't know what you got in the Mild organization because everyone looks so mediocre except for Backstrom. If he gets injured, we're looking at floundering in the bottom half of the NHL.

Corban Knight gets Dick White trophy (AJHL rookie of the year).

http://ajhl.ca/news/2009/02/26/ajhl-announ...ward-winners-2/

"Corban Knight of the Okotoks Oilers has been selected as the 2008-2009 AJHL Rookie of the Year. Knight is the first member of the Okotoks Oilers to receive the Rookie of the Year honours.

Knight led all AJHL Rookies in scoring with 72 points in 61 games and completed the regular season 8th overall in the League Scoring Race. Knight received a tryout for Team Canada West at the 2008 World Junior

danny mattson and holy angels lose to edina 4-1

forbort and duluth east advance to section final beating forest lake 3-2 in overtime

DE plays elk river/zim march 5th

It'll be interesting to see if Mattson could possibly play in juniors the rest of the year, kind of like Osh did his senior year. It would be nice if he could, especially if the coaches bring in him next year it would be nice to have some junior experience.

It'll be interesting to see if Mattson could possibly play in juniors the rest of the year, kind of like Osh did his senior year. It would be nice if he could, especially if the coaches bring in him next year it would be nice to have some junior experience.

If he went to Des Moines, we would have a quorum there...

AJHL Playoffs begin this weekend - all first round series are best of 5

Okotoks beats Canmore 3-1 in Game 1 - Rodwell SHG and 2 PIM; Knight plays but not on score sheet

Camrose beats Calgary Canucks 3-2 in OT in Game 1 - MacWilliam 4 PIM; Dell stops 31 of 34 and gets Home Team Star

Grande Prairie loses 3-1 ot Lloydminster so series tied 1 game each - Rowney plays but not on score sheet

AJHL Playoffs begin this weekend - all first round series are best of 5

Okotoks beats Canmore 3-1 in Game 1 - Rodwell SHG and 2 PIM; Knight plays but not on score sheet

Camrose beats Calgary Canucks 3-2 in OT in Game 1 - MacWilliam 4 PIM; Dell stops 31 of 34 and gets Home Team Star

Grande Prairie loses 3-1 ot Lloydminster so series tied 1 game each - Rowney plays but not on score sheet

More AJHL Playoff Results from Sunday

Camrose beats Canucks 4-3 in OT and now leads best of 5 series 2-0. MacWilliam with 3 assists for Kodiaks. Dell stops 34 of 38 Kodiak shots.

Okotoks beats Canmore 5-0 and leads their series 2-0. Knight with 2 goals and Rodwell with 1 assist

Next games on Tuesday

With all of our seniors this year I was trying to figure out who is really coming in next year as replacements but I need help. So help me fill in the blanks. I'll give it a shot first:

Goalie: Walski leaves and Dell comes

Defensemen:

Finley leaves MacMillian comes

Jones leaves Gleason comes

I'm not sure where to put Miller but I'll put him at forward for now:

Forwards:

Miller leaves Bruneteau comes

Kozek leaves Cichy comes

Duncan leaves Kristo comes

Watkins leaves Knight comes

Martens leaves (Here's where I'm stuck for sure: Do I plug in Forney or Rowney or Mattson or ?

If no one leaves early we'll have 5 returning defensemen assuming LaPoint recovers , 10 returning forwards and 2 retunring goalies. To keep the same type roster of 15 forwards, 7 defensemen and 3 goalies we would need one goalie, 2 defensemen and 5 forwards.

That would leave us next year's team with 3 seniors, 6 juniors, 8 sophomores, and 8 freshmen. A very young team again.

So who am I missing?

With all of our seniors this year I was trying to figure out who is really coming in next year as replacements but I need help. So help me fill in the blanks. I'll give it a shot first:

Goalie: Walski leaves and Dell comes

Defensemen:

Finley leaves MacMillian comes

Jones leaves Gleason comes

I'm not sure where to put Miller but I'll put him at forward for now:

Forwards:

Kozek leaves Cichy comes

Martens leaves (Here's where I'm stuck for sure: Do I plug in Forney or Rowney or Mattson or ?

If no one leaves early we'll have 5 returning defensemen assuming LaPoint recovers , 10 returning forwards and 2 retunring goalies. To keep the same type roster of 15 forwards, 7 defensemen and 3 goalies we would need one goalie, 2 defensemen and 5 forwards.

That would leave us next year's team with 3 seniors, 6 juniors, 8 sophomores, and 8 freshmen. A very young team again.

So who am I missing?

you are close. i think forney is coming back so that last forward spot would be between knight and mattson. if VV leaves which is a very good possibility then both knight and mattson should be in. the others are right. miller is listed as a forward so thats right on

i think rodwell and rowney will be 2010's

Forwards:

Kozek leaves Cichy comes

So who am I missing?

Bruneteau, Cichy, and Kristo are coming for sure.

If Forney decides to return, add him to that list.

That leaves one open spot, and Knight, Rowney, or Mattson to fill it. I think it would be between Knight and Mattson.

heres an interesting article on the Edmonton Oilers prospects and gives a little insight in what VV future might be.

8 (7). Chris Vande Velde, C, 22

Acquired: 2005 draft, 97th overall

Budding power forward Vande Velde is another player who could fill a need for bigger, more physical players in Edmonton. The 6

That leaves one open spot, and Knight, Rowney, or Mattson to fill it. I think it would be between Knight and Mattson.

it should be knight or mattson but if vv leaves which is very possible then both come in

It also depends how many extra F they want on the roster - counting Miller's slot, they have 3 sitting every game - is that too many?

It wouldn't shock me if both Knight and Mattson play Jr. next year, if Forney comes here next year.

I've said this before - if we need one more F, I would be shocked if it isn't Mattson v Knight.

It also depends how many extra F they want on the roster - counting Miller's slot, they have 3 sitting every game - is that too many?

It wouldn't shock me if both Knight and Mattson play Jr. next year, if Forney comes here next year.

I've said this before - if we need one more F, I would be shocked if it isn't Mattson v Knight.

yeah i think having 2 extra forwards is the right move as well along with just 1 extra d man like always. i think vv will be leaving, just a hunch but then mattson or knight can come in. good point on the roster size