Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SiouxVolley

New AD posting and hiring process

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Will you elaborate on this some more? I would like to know why you think he would move us closer to D11? 

Looking at the fundraising (Mannausau's expertise) that have taken place. What has he done that no other fundraising group (at the FCS level) hasn't done? What relationships does Mannausau have with the ladies and gentlemen of the NCAA?   If Bubba and company continue to have losing records do you think Mannausau has the balls to let the GOBC down and fire Bubba and company? The main reason I don't feel Mannausau is the right fit is because of the relationships he has within UND when times get tough.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gfhockey said:

I’d prefer more experience over no expierence

 

i bet we get a curve ball and Kennedy hires the job jumper 

When I saw the final 4 candidates this was my exact same thought........................................you want to talk about a potential disaster!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

When I saw the final 4 candidates this was my exact same thought........................................you want to talk about a potential disaster!

I got money on Porter. He has "lifer" written all over him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Will you elaborate on this some more? I would like to know why you think he would move us closer to D11? 

I have spoken. Now let's hear your rebuttal....

I cant get this image out of my head of UNDBIZ and UNDvince97-01 on the left.

happygilmore.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ibleedgreen said:

I have spoken. Now let's hear your rebuttal....

I cant get this image out of my head of UNDBIZ and UNDvince97-01 on the left.

happygilmore.JPG

Haha settle down scooter. I just though it was a bold statement to say he would bring us closer to D11. Do you know him personally? Because if you don't then how do you know he wouldn't make a tough decision? Personally I think I would want Chaves but I also think it is short sighted to write Mike M off without hearing from him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ibleedgreen said:

I have spoken. Now let's hear your rebuttal....

I cant get this image out of my head of UNDBIZ and UNDvince97-01 on the left.

I was wondering how long it would take you to switch to personal shots after realizing your argument was ridiculous. 

giphy.webp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I was wondering how long it would take you to switch to personal shots after realizing your argument was ridiculous. 

giphy.webp

How's that a personal shot? Let's hear your side of the story snowflake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hot takes everywhere today! I’d like to see what Chaves could do with better resources. That potential has me intrigued. I’m also a fan of Mannausau. Job jumper no thanks. WMU had some gusto statements. Whomever gets the job better have a vision to take us to the big time in every sport. We are a sleeping giant who has been in full hibernation mode for the entirety of our D1 existence.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Haha settle down scooter. I just though it was a bold statement to say he would bring us closer to D11. Do you know him personally? Because if you don't then how do you know he wouldn't make a tough decision? Personally I think I would want Chaves but I also think it is short sighted to write Mike M off without hearing from him. 

I do know him. Let's just say I was once a Mug Club owner as well.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Haha settle down scooter. I just though it was a bold statement to say he would bring us closer to D11. Do you know him personally? Because if you don't then how do you know he wouldn't make a tough decision? Personally I think I would want Chaves but I also think it is short sighted to write Mike M off without hearing from him. 

With the given situation I'm between Chaves and Porter. What's Eastern Wash's Athletic budget compared to ours?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ibleedgreen said:

How's that a personal shot? Let's hear your side of the story snowflake.

Now some name-calling, careful, your intellect is showing.  Other than disagreeing with your statement that UND should never promote/hire internally, I'm not sure what your argument with me is.  But please continue with your uninformed statements and assumptions regarding the AD candidates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ibleedgreen said:

With the given situation I'm between Chaves and Porter. What's Eastern Wash's Athletic budget compared to ours?


EWU is about half of UND's budget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ibleedgreen said:

If he is the best candidate that really doesn't say much for the candidates who applied. UND is small time and should just move down to DII if they hire someone with absolutely no experience whatsoever! And the fact that you are arguing this makes me believe that people like you are the reason why UND DI transition has gone so poorly. We need someone with new visions....not just visions of what they know from their time at UND.

While I agree with your position that this hire is very important to the future of UND athletics, I do not think Mannausau is going to get the job. I think he is a token internal candidate who is there to satisfy the old guard. The guy from WMU sounded good. The guy from EWU sounds like a winner as well. I think it will be between those two. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Now some name-calling, careful, your intellect is showing.  Other than disagreeing with your statement that UND should never promote/hire internally, I'm not sure what your argument with me is.  But please continue with your uninformed statements and assumptions regarding the AD candidates.

Geez....loosen the belt Francis. Dont have to be so uptight. Are you always this sensitive?

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Chaves built ewu up 

 

was Manassau a good coach? His rrhs teams were winless

 

his Und defense teams sucked!

EWU won the title back in 2010 and hasn't done much since.      They've made the playoffs some years but I don't think it's been every year since 2010 and they certainly haven't made a lot of deep runs since then.  I doubt anyone thinks of EWU as a basketball dominant college either.     What exactly did he build up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I want the best person for the job that will keep UND Hockey and Volleyball at a high level and elevate the football and basketball programs. 

By no means is volleyball maxed out. Huge room for improvement there too.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TRex said:

EWU won the title back in 2010 and hasn't done much since.      They've made the playoffs some years but I don't think it's been every year since 2010 and they certainly haven't made a lot of deep runs since then.  I doubt anyone thinks of EWU as a basketball dominant college either.     What exactly did he build up?

On the Basketball side he hired Hayford who did alright:  won a BSC title and made it to the NCAAs before heading off to Seattle U 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×