SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

Yes, I know he still has the family, but maybe now baby and mom are more comfortable and maybe they are coming to GF and maybe he's more aware of his role as a father, but this is different NOW than when you get the news you're going to be a dad and all that goes with it. He must have been, as any guy in that position, stunned and worried about his and baby's future. Now it's at least a bit more settled.

14 minutes ago, GeauxSioux said:

Why is this any of our business?  Let him play football and get an education without questioning his motives. 

Agree 1000% The kid made a mistake and had to sort some stuff out. Now he is on track to get an education and maybe even a shot at the next level. I CANNOT wait to see him pancaking opponents!!! :)

On 4/27/2017 at 3:00 PM, UNDvince97-01 said:

There is mutual interest in Ketteringham, who would have to redshirt this season and then would have 2 years of eligibility remaining.  Scholarships are the issue and he may have to pay his own way for a year until Studsrud graduates because we have no money left at QB this year.

This would be very smart of the staff to do and if they could pull it off, would have Zimmerman and Ketteringham as juniors, and Heidlebaugh, Bolinske and Boltmann behind them in fall of 2018.  A much more quality depth chart at QB that UND has never seen.

Landing Ketteringham would be huge.  I really like that kid, especially if he's running our offense with a solid running game to take the pressure off.  He's got tools.

Any idea what the time frame would be before we here from Ketteringham? Would actually be a really great thing to get the kid, and have him redshirt for a year. Studs leaves, and Zimmerman and Ketteringham could battle it out for the starting role, each having significant time to pickup UND's system.

57 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Any idea what the time frame would be before we here from Ketteringham? Would actually be a really great thing to get the kid, and have him redshirt for a year. Studs leaves, and Zimmerman and Ketteringham could battle it out for the starting role, each having significant time to pickup UND's system.

I would guess within the next couple weeks or so, close to the end of spring semester.  Ketteringham will need to move, get enrolled in summer classes perhaps, get to know the playbook and hit the strength and conditioning program on the run.  

If we somehow land him, our defense will have their hands full next fall in scouts with Boltmann and Ketteringham down there at QB.  The good news is that it only prepares our defense even better for each week's opponent.  Having a good QB run scouts is paramount in order to get good looks for the defense - it's very important.

• Upvote 2

Just now, UNDvince97-01 said:

I would guess within the next couple weeks or so, close to the end of spring semester.  Ketteringham will need to move, get enrolled in summer classes perhaps, get to know the playbook and hit the strength and conditioning program on the run.  

If we somehow land him, our defense will have their hands full next fall in scouts with Boltmann and Ketteringham down there at QB.  The good news is that it only prepares our defense even better for each week's opponent.  Having a good QB run scouts is paramount in order to get good looks for the defense - it's very important.

So fun to see where this program is compared to the Muss years. Bubba has really made UND football exciting again. Can't wait for camp to start, and to see that first game against Utah.

Obviously it is early, but does anyone know if there will be any tv options, or streaming capabilities through Roku like we have seen in the past? I would think Utah would have the game streamed through their website, but it would be nice if it was available in some other way.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

So fun to see where this program is compared to the Muss years. Bubba has really made UND football exciting again. Can't wait for camp to start, and to see that first game against Utah.

Obviously it is early, but does anyone know if there will be any tv options, or streaming capabilities through Roku like we have seen in the past? I would think Utah would have the game streamed through their website, but it would be nice if it was available in some other way.

It is early so nothing is announced yet but this is a Thursday night game before opening weekend so there should be opportunity to get it on TV outside of the Pac 12 network. This is just my guess though.

20 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

It is early so nothing is announced yet but this is a Thursday night game before opening weekend so there should be opportunity to get it on TV outside of the Pac 12 network. This is just my guess though.

I'm thinking of making it a mini vacation.  There are some beautiful Nat'l parks about 3 or 4 hours from Salt Lake City.  I plan on the game and Friday and Saturday at the parks.  Drive back Sunday and Monday(labor day).  This would be a special vacation with an upset over the Utes.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Not a big fan of bringing in too many transfers, especially at the qb position. 

Completely disagree. QB position is the most important position in football and UND needs to improve there. Depth and competition, depth and competition. Being Mr. Ketteringham in, UND.

Remeber Braden Hanson from UNC? Unfortunately, that 2012 team couldn't play defense at all. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Completely disagree. QB position is the most important position in football and UND needs to improve there. Depth and competition, depth and competition. Being Mr. Ketteringham in, UND.

Remeber Braden Hanson from UNC? Unfortunately, Muss's teams couldn't play defense at all. 

fixed

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

I'm thinking of making it a mini vacation.  There are some beautiful Nat'l parks about 3 or 4 hours from Salt Lake City.  I plan on the game and Friday and Saturday at the parks.  Drive back Sunday and Monday(labor day).  This would be a special vacation with an upset over the Utes.

Same here. Leave early Thursday morning to get the SLC around 1 Pm, start tailgating and then go be a tourist Friday and Saturday. Should be a lot of fun!

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Remeber Braden Hanson from UNC? Unfortunately, that 2012 team couldn't play defense at all. 

Marcus was better

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

That will happen with an imbalance of scholarships in favor of the offense along with scud missle recruiting.

15 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Same here. Leave early Thursday morning to get the SLC around 1 Pm, start tailgating and then go be a tourist Friday and Saturday. Should be a lot of fun!

Look forward to meeting up with you and the rest of UND fans.  let's repeat the Wyoming upset.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

The utes had seven draft picks,  four of those were OL ....one of which was the first lineman taken.     I'm hoping the combination of UNDs talented,deep and experienced d line and fast lBs on the edge.....that they might be able to exploit or take advantage of their inexperience.  

NDSU was able to wear down Iowa. I don't see any reason UND can't do the same. Granted I would consider Utah a better team than Iowa (not to take away from what the Bison did, they just seem to get it done), but as has been mentioned Utah has lost a lot of talent, especially on their O Line, and we certainly have a high end D Line. I hope they can get to the QB and get there early.

I think the D will get their stops. The real questions will be, can the offense click better than they did at the beginning of last season? I'm not going to say we will be hitting on all cylinders, but I think we can expect a better start out of the gate. More experience and more depth will be huge in getting that run game going right away. If we can do that, it should take a little pressure off of Studs right away. Would be fun to see an early connection from Studs to Mckinney though.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 0:46 PM, ND1 said:

Just to add to the great news already...

QB Ketteringhaul from Sac State apparently wants to come here.  Has to sit out a year but has a redshirt season to burn.   

Here is a nice write up from last year on Ketteringhaul.  Sounds like a nice opportunity.

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/sac-state-qb-nate-ketteringham-product-of-last-year-s/article_cea02cdb-70bc-505f-b250-999045a6a557.html

44 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

NDSU was able to wear down Iowa. I don't see any reason UND can't do the same. Granted I would consider Utah a better team than Iowa (not to take away from what the Bison did, they just seem to get it done), but as has been mentioned Utah has lost a lot of talent, especially on their O Line, and we certainly have a high end D Line. I hope they can get to the QB and get there early.

I think the D will get their stops. The real questions will be, can the offense click better than they did at the beginning of last season? I'm not going to say we will be hitting on all cylinders, but I think we can expect a better start out of the gate. More experience and more depth will be huge in getting that run game going right away. If we can do that, it should take a little pressure off of Studs right away. Would be fun to see an early connection from Studs to Mckinney though.

Offensively UND is going to have some issues.  Utahs front is incredibly massive and talented.   Bull rush every play.   Keaton will be using his legs quite often in this game.   

The Hawks will show up to pull the Thursday "upset" ... But this game will be won/lost from the press box... Out scheme 'em (with no tendencies to refer to...)  as they will believe base looks are good enough to beat us.  Make them wrong....get them frustrated on both sides of the ball. Week one special teams are typically not polished either....we need to check that box in our favor to ice it.

Can't wait.......        GO HAWKS !!!!   BRING IT !!!!

32 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Offensively UND is going to have some issues.  Utahs front is incredibly massive and talented.   Bull rush every play.   Keaton will be using his legs quite often in this game.   

I wouldn't even let Keaton suit up for this game!  Ok, I get that we want the win . . . but I'm worried for his life (and the rest of the season) with this matchup.