SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

13 minutes ago, Tangolou said:

Johannesson is a RB

While this is true, we won't have a true freshman or redshirt freshman running back on the roster, which worries me a bit.  We've got a load of talent in the Soph/Jr classes, but nothing below.

12 minutes ago, Hambone said:

While this is true, we won't have a true freshman or redshirt freshman running back on the roster, which worries me a bit.  We've got a load of talent in the Soph/Jr classes, but nothing below.

We'll have 5 really good RB's on the roster this fall so I think we'll be ok there.  Will only have 4 next year, definitely need to get one or two next year.  We've seen that true freshman RB's can contribute right away if they are good so if we get one or two in the next class I think we'll be ok.  

1 minute ago, Sioux94 said:

We'll have 5 really good RB's on the roster this fall so I think we'll be ok there.  Will only have 4 next year, definitely need to get one or two next year.  We've seen that true freshman RB's can contribute right away if they are good so if we get one or two in the next class I think we'll be ok.  

We're okay this fall, but it would be nice to get someone in the program so we don't have a two year gap.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I hear ya. Didn't we expect to get another 4-6 recruits? Seems like we lost out on a number in the last week.

I think there was a net gain of 2 recruits over the past 3 recruiting weekends. Definitely not the number they were supposedly shooting for. For awhile there was tons of momentum (think Colorado players committed). Seemed to stop after that.  

1 hour ago, AJS said:

I think there was a net gain of 2 recruits over the past 3 recruiting weekends. Definitely not the number they were supposedly shooting for. For awhile there was tons of momentum (think Colorado players committed). Seemed to stop after that.  

Just curious...which coach on the Hawks staff has Colorado connections?  I've noticed you hit this state pretty hard with recruiting the past few years.  

8 minutes ago, Westside said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-football/4209372-und-football-coach-walk-ons-are-important

article says UND is expecting "at least 15" scholarship signings tomorrow (not counting the 4 commits already on campus).... the wiki lists 14 verbals as of now... any ideas on the remaining commit(s)??? 

I counted 15 on the Wiki. However, one other one I would probably guess is Josh Weichel, who was just offered two days ago.

1 hour ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

I counted 15 on the Wiki. However, one other one I would probably guess is Josh Weichel, who was just offered two days ago.

Yeah, you're right on the 15... when I looked it said "Commitments (14)" on it. I didn't bother to count. 

17 minutes ago, Westside said:

His current twitter profile pic is him wearing UND jersey, in UND locker room, with Kevin Maurice. 

Seems like he could be coming aboard. Had offers at one point from  Air Force, Wyoming, Illinois State, NDSU and UND. Not sure if some or all have pulled their offers but it also looks Moorhead State of all places also offered him two weeks ago. 

NSD is always a great day.

A little more interesting this year then in the past half dozen plus. 72 miles south it's been scramble-mode the last 2 wks. 

Slowly but surely, bit by bit, the pendulum is swinging our way. We're very lucky to have the coaching staff that we have.

Looking forward to all the great coverage tomorrow.

Go Sioux

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, bang said:

Seems like he could be coming aboard. Had offers at one point from  Air Force, Wyoming, Illinois State, NDSU and UND. Not sure if some or all have pulled their offers but it also looks Moorhead State of all places also offered him two weeks ago. 

Scrolled through his twitter. Looks like his visit was back in November (NAU game weekend). Seems like we would've heard something on him since then. Does his offer still exist? I'm very doubtful. Weird to go from 2 fbs offers, 3 fcs offers to an MSUM offer. We'll see tomorrow I guess. 

7 hours ago, Westside said:

Scrolled through his twitter. Looks like his visit was back in November (NAU game weekend). Seems like we would've heard something on him since then. Does his offer still exist? I'm very doubtful. Weird to go from 2 fbs offers, 3 fcs offers to an MSUM offer. We'll see tomorrow I guess. 

I know the article stated 15 but that number must be 16 now cause Miller hadn't heard of Jenkins til last night. Atleast that's how I read the situation.