SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Can anyone shed some light on what happens on these recruiting weekends? I assume they tour campus and the facilities, and meet with some of the players and coaches. Will they be taken to the hockey game? I only ask because it seems like a good recruiting too ... not to watch hockey but to see the Ralph, get the experience, see the fan base, etc.

I know they took the recruits to the hockey game last weekend... on Saturday, so they were saved from seeing the 5 goal third period and got to see a win instead!

2 minutes ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

I know they took the recruits to the hockey game last weekend... on Saturday, so they were saved from seeing the 5 goal third period and got to see a win instead!

Good to know. Hopefully they see some good stuff this weekend too. They probably don't care much about a win or a loss, but seeing the energy of the crowd, during a good game, in that building ... had to leave a bit of an impression.

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Good to know. Hopefully they see some good stuff this weekend too. They probably don't care much about a win or a loss, but seeing the energy of the crowd, during a good game, in that building ... had to leave a bit of an impression.

Absolutely. It's a great way to show the passion that the community has for its sports teams. 

One thing I liked is that his touchdowns were all him making something happen after he caught the ball.  Knows how to make people miss.

We really need Rousemiller to commit this weekend, and however unlikely we need Bull to switch over.  I'm not sure who they have for OL on the back burner, as they really need to get around 4 or 5.  Be interesting to see what happens.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Hambone said:

One thing I liked is that his touchdowns were all him making something happen after he caught the ball.  Knows how to make people miss.

We really need Rousemiller to commit this weekend, and however unlikely we need Bull to switch over.  I'm not sure who they have for OL on the back burner, as they really need to get around 4 or 5.  Be interesting to see what happens.

What's Bull's offer with Fresno?   Full, partial, PWO?   

2 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I don't know what to think watching the video. What do the guys with good football knowledge think? How does he look compared to what we already got?

I really liked his stride smooth and sudden are a good mix. Not sold on his hands since none of the throws in the highlight were challenging him to make a really difficult catch. One play that stood out to me was where a pass to his teammate was intercepted and he hunted down the defender and violently forced a fumble which his team recovered. That tells me all I need to know about how he competes and that's the most important thing for any athlete at any position in any sport. 

11 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I really liked his stride smooth and sudden are a good mix. Not sold on his hands since none of the throws in the highlight were challenging him to make a really difficult catch. One play that stood out to me was where a pass to his teammate was intercepted and he hunted down the defender and violently forced a fumble which his team recovered. That tells me all I need to know about how he competes and that's the most important thing for any athlete at any position in any sport. 

No catches in traffic or jump balls. Looks excellent with the ball in his hands. Any idea what the level of competition is that he was playing against.

9 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Looks like Ott may have reconfirmed his commitment last night. Or else this guy is just really behind. 

I don't believe he's officially been on campus before this weekend. So, this picture must be new. Which is really good news. 

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Looks like Ott may have reconfirmed his commitment last night. Or else this guy is just really behind. 

Glad to see this.  I had heard from one of the local FU recruiting gurus that all the local schools tried to get on  Ott's list but UND was on him early and he wouldn't budge.  Some form of FBS offer could still come but this is good to see.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Gophers’ linebacker recruit Bryson Jackson flipped his oral commitment to Baylor on Sunday, he said on Twitter.

Does this late change affect Ott's situation with UM at all? Were they looking at him as a LB?