SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. ST. CLOUD STATE - Fri @ 4:08

The Exiled One

Why is UND vs St cloud not the prime time game? Why wouldn't you try to accommodate the majority of the fans that will be attending? Seems short sighted to me.

I thought I read that the top seed had a preference. I assume coaches wan't to give the guys extra rest time by playing the early game on Friday. And if thats not the actual reason, it is an added benefit.

I thought I read that the top seed had a preference. I assume coaches wan't to give the guys extra rest time by playing the early game on Friday. And if thats not the actual reason, it is an added benefit.

Yeah, I was wrong about that. The NCHC made the call on BEHALF of the top seed. They assumed #1 would want the extra rest for the Championship rather than follow their regular Friday routine and play in front of a huge crowd. Maybe it's the correct assumption... I don't know. Somebody should ask Hak.

Yeah, I was wrong about that. The NCHC made the call on BEHALF of the top seed. They assumed #1 would want the extra rest for the Championship rather than follow their regular Friday routine and play in front of a huge crowd. Maybe it's the correct assumption... I don't know. Somebody should ask Hak.

Last year when we were the top seed....we played the late game.

It will be interesting to see how many Sioux fans stick around for the Denver/Miami game at night...

Last year there was more than a fair amount at the other opening round game - it was all green - but pretty quiet - nothing to cheer for and no rodents to root against. (I believe they were across the river playing in an empty building).