SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four 2008

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

what days of travel, and when did you book them?

I am leaving Wednesday morning and returning Sunday. I think we bought the a month ago. We were going regardless. I know that is not much help now that I think about it. But just letting you know what we got.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless more than one airline is headed out at the same time, I'm pretty sure I'm on that same flight

cool, if you see me and my buddy passed out at the bar by the terminal come and tap me on the shoulder ;):lol:

JK

:D

we are on flight 493 - us airways

I am leaving Wednesday morning and returning Sunday. I think we bought the a month ago. We were going regardless. I know that is not much help now that I think about it. But just letting you know what we got.

I got gas at $1.29/gal too...but that was back in '02. :lol: Tickets yesterday out of MSP were anywhere from $700-800!

what days of travel, and when did you book them?

I booked Thursday early morning out, Sunday late afternoon back for $550 through United. You're not going to do any better than that at this point. I tried cobbling together flights via Midway on Southwest, etc. That's the situation right now. WorldPerks isn't going to get you there either, unless you have about 75,000 miles to burn.

I booked Thursday early morning out, Sunday late afternoon back for $550 through United. You're not going to do any better than that at this point. I tried cobbling together flights via Midway on Southwest, etc. That's the situation right now. WorldPerks isn't going to get you there either, unless you have about 75,000 miles to burn.

I think we are on the same flight back to MSP, maybe the same flight out. I am driving down from GF Wednesday night.

I am trying to figure out a place to park...any suggestions from the "experts"?

Is it better to go with a Park and Fly outfit?

Some hotels have a "Stay and Fly" deal where you can leave your vehicle there and take their shuttle to the airport. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks for any help! :lol:

OR...any really amazing Sioux fan willing to let me park my car at their house? (kidding, kidding)

I think we are on the same flight back to MSP, maybe the same flight out. I am driving down from GF Wednesday night.

I am trying to figure out a place to park...any suggestions from the "experts"?

Is it better to go with a Park and Fly outfit?

Some hotels have a "Stay and Fly" deal where you can leave your vehicle there and take their shuttle to the airport. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks for any help! :lol:

OR...any really amazing Sioux fan willing to let me park my car at their house? (kidding, kidding)

park at the mall of america and take the light rail to the airport.

This has prob already been said but I came across some useful info yesterday in regards to accommodation. If you get the official frozen four program from the official frozen four website, it has a list of hotels with special frozen four fan rates. I saved myself $25 per night with the rate I found.

Just thought I'd share to try and help people get cheaper accommodation so we can all spend the saved money on alcohol :lol:

Quality Inn Central, wife had enough points to get us 3 nights free and the last night cost us $65 I think? Only about 3 miles from the Pepsi Center. Free shuttle service in a 5 mile radius. Doesn't appear to have the best reviews, but we're not planning on spending too much time in the room. Also conveniently located at I-25/I-70 junction.

Quality Inn Central, wife had enough points to get us 3 nights free and the last night cost us $65 I think? Only about 3 miles from the Pepsi Center. Free shuttle service in a 5 mile radius. Doesn't appear to have the best reviews, but we're not planning on spending too much time in the room. Also conveniently located at I-25/I-70 junction.

We're staying at the Red Lion that is about 5 miles away from the Pepsi Center

I got gas at $1.29/gal too...but that was back in '02. :ohmy: Tickets yesterday out of MSP were anywhere from $700-800!

If you fly back on Monday you'll save a couple hundred dollars.

At least that's what the rates were showing when I was looking on Sunday night.

I just booked a flight from Fargo to Colorado Springs for $450 which included a car rental for the duration of my stay. Fly out dawn on Thurs and back dawn on Monday. It works great for me because I know people to stay with in The Springs and just have to pay for gas/parking when I go to the games. Try northwest - on their main page go to "fare promotions" and click on "last minute packages." No flights to Denver but for $450 with a car when everything else was nearing 1000 bucks I'll take driving the hour up to Denver. :ohmy:

I'm totally stoked! This is my first Frozen Four...already went to the Final Five this year and the regional in Madtown. Denver will give me the postseason Sioux hockey sweep! :lol: GO SIOUX!! See you all there!

Al Henry? Yeah, you wouldn't dream of underage drinking in his presence. I know, I had him in Track, X- Country, and Hockey(and civics). He's quite the character. :ohmy:

Had him for a teacher as well, and he was my brothers hockey coach. Great guy, but you had better mind your p's and q's.

Had him for a teacher as well, and he was my brothers hockey coach. Great guy, but you had better mind your p's and q's.

There must be a bunch of us on this forum from Devils Lake as I also had Al for Civics my freshman year!

Frontier Airlines is still showing some reasonable fares (still) from MSP-DEN ($380) and SUX (Sioux City)-DEN ($238). For fans closer to those cities, it might be reasonable.

Was actually able to use frequent flyer miles to get tickets to Denver (coming from the Gulf Coast, seats are more available).