SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four 2008

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is obvious that the sioux fans will completely out number any other teams fans in Denver, but how many Sioux fans should we expect? Estimates plz?

I estimate 3000 but really I have no idea I'm prob wayyyyy off.

1 billion sioux fans

dr-evil.jpg

does anyone know if everyone on the team gets to go to the frozen four on the universities tab or do they have to pay there own way like that guy from denver did when they came up here?

I think this is on the NCAA's dime.

does anyone know if everyone on the team gets to go to the frozen four on the universities tab or do they have to pay there own way like that guy from denver did when they came up here?

Why shouldn't they all get to go?? They are part of the team And yes I'm positive they all get to go

The I-29 route to Denver from Grand Forks is definately a good option. I prefer it for making time. Take I-29 to Sioux City, grab highway 77 from Sioux City to Lincoln, it's 120 miles and the only 2 lane on the route. You bypass Omaha traffic and shave miles. It's the least scenic route, but the flow from Lincoln to Denver clips along at about 85-90. With minimum stops, it's about 14 hours, just shy of 1000 miles. 13 hours is easily doable.

Being from the Valley, isn't our definition of "scenic" three trees on a hill? :lol:

Going to Denver is a dull, boring trip virtually anyway you go. Just make the most of it!!!

Any suggestions for getting good deals on rental cars?

I'd go on line to sites like priceline, hotels.com, etc. They handle car rentals in addition to hotel and flight sales. When we went to Madison, I got a great deal on a fully loaded van (five family members made that trip), I think it was from CheapTickets but I searched all of the sites.

priceline is excellent for car rentals. I'll check quick.

I saved $119 on my rental that I got about a month ago. I am sure that people are getting way better deals then I did, but I got a full size car for $30 a day. It is one step below luxury or something. I was happy.

I will be staying there with my wife. Driving from Mandan, will arrive Wednesday evening.

First Frozen Four for us, definitely getting stoked to see the run for #8!!

We'll be at the Adam's Mark too. Our 8th Frozen Four. We're flying in on Wednesday and will be at the hotel by 2:30PM. Beer in hand by 2:31.

I'll be the guy in the green Sioux polo. Just call me Stack and I'll know you read the boards :)

Alrite, so we just got everything finalized!!!!!!!!! We have seats in 108, 2nd row... We're staying at the same hotel as the bus people, the Quality Inn Central. I highly recommend using them if you're looking for a place to stay! They were very friendly, and it's super cheap!

OMG WHAT AM I GOING TO DO UNTIL WEDNESDAY?!

Since there was nothing else to do tonight - I just got done with the 1987 championship game. I have said it all season, but I think it is now confirmed - TJ is the best puck handler for UND since Hrkac. Hrkac obviously played during a different era, but I think TJ is the best handler since Hrkac. Please ridicule me if you feel different.

Go Sioux! Number 8 is only a few days away!

Since there was nothing else to do tonight - I just got done with the 1987 championship game. I have said it all season, but I think it is now confirmed - TJ is the best puck handler for UND since Hrkac. Hrkac obviously played during a different era, but I think TJ is the best handler since Hrkac. Please ridicule me if you feel different.

Anyone know where the team is staying??

The I-29 route to Denver from Grand Forks is definately a good option. I prefer it for making time. Take I-29 to Sioux City, grab highway 77 from Sioux City to Lincoln, it's 120 miles and the only 2 lane on the route. You bypass Omaha traffic and shave miles. It's the least scenic route, but the flow from Lincoln to Denver clips along at about 85-90. With minimum stops, it's about 14 hours, just shy of 1000 miles. 13 hours is easily doable.

I've done it and timed it both ways. It is longer but faster to go to Omaha, and take I-680 west to I-80 west than to zigzag through the small towns. That is even more true now that Iowa raised their speed limit to 70 mph for the Sioux City to I-680 stretch.

I won't ridicule, but Toews is a better puck handler. T.J. is much more difficult to take off the puck however. They both have their strengths and that is why they fit together so well.

Just booked my flight. I don't have any tickets yet nor do I have a hotel. I am meeting other fans down there but they already have tickets/hotels. I need a single ticket and suggestions on hotel rooms. I looked on the FF website and came across the red lion? Anyone else staying there or other suggestions?

For those of you interested in staying with many Sioux fans at a great rate try the Quality Inn Central. It is where Al Pearsons group will be. We have 70+ rooms available for just Sioux fans. It is only 2.5 miles north of the Pepsi Center and they provide a free 24 hour shuttle to and from the entire downtown area. They have a nice bar and restaurant on site. To get in on the group rate of only $72 per nite call 1-877-634-9434 prompt 2 and give the rep Reference Number GRJTTN no later than Monday, April 7, 2008 by 2:00pm MST. Let's make it Sioux headquarters!

I've done it and timed it both ways. It is longer but faster to go to Omaha, and take I-680 west to I-80 west than to zigzag through the small towns. That is even more true now that Iowa raised their speed limit to 70 mph for the Sioux City to I-680 stretch.

I've done the drive four times in the past year and a half and agree with Siouxman regarding this route.

Oh man, I can't wait!!!!! Wooooo whoooooo, we're going to Denver!!!

I won't ridicule, but Toews is a better puck handler. T.J. is much more difficult to take off the puck however. They both have their strengths and that is why they fit together so well.

Toews was tougher to get off the puck also... he just made everything look easy. He was ridiculous. However, TJ is the hardest working player on the ice, and usually the most talented (now that Toews is gone :) ). I can't wait to watch TJ play in a Sioux jersey two more times, he is my favorite Sioux to watch since Prpich left, and we should feel lucky we got him for three seasons. One of these days I will get to cheer for an ex-Sioux on my favorite NHL team. I've been a Pens fan since the days of Lemieux, and they're fun to watch now, but I find myself rather watching teams with ex-Sioux on them. Let's get #8 next weekend! GO SIOUX!!!!