SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four 2008

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

I'm really surprised at how much tickets are going for on craigslist and everywhere else.... I mean, really, 2 ticket packages for $1200?! What a complete ripoff! *angry face*

so dont buy them..........they wont sell for that price at all, make that money if you can as i have no problem with that at all but tickets wont be tough to get this year for the most part at a fair price.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I booked my airline ticket. :D Flights from Phoenix climbing to a whopping $155... :lol:

hell yeah, we are flying in wed night, i think we leave phx at 7 and get in at 10 pm or so, cant remember the airline though

so dont buy them..........they wont sell for that price at all, make that money if you can as i have no problem with that at all but tickets wont be tough to get this year for the most part at a fair price.

Buy your tickets outside the arena before the game. I think there will be plenty to be had for those who do not have tickets.

Hope you are right! My oldest daughter and I are locked in. Fly in Wed night and out Sun morning. Staying at the Curtis downtown. Working on a DU ticketholder for tickets. Bought his last year for the West Regional. Were 10 rows up behind the UND bench--hope that pans out. Last year at the West Regional with my daughter was about as fun of a time as I have had! It was a blast! Can't wait til next week...and she is more excited than I am!!

Buy your tickets outside the arena before the game. I think there will be plenty to be had for those who do not have tickets.

Exactly. Scalpers will have plenty of tickets, and they will be unloading them for cheap before the games. With no CO teams playing, a good chunk of CC/DU/AF fans will be dumping their tickets.

i think the worst thing about the ebay, etc. situation is that the tickets ARE being purchased for way over their face value, and not even very good seats. kudos to those who are getting what they asked, but that means you will have a tough time finding tickets at fair value before you get to denver. best bet would be to try the CC or DU message boards (do they have ones similar to ss.com?) but otherwise, like stated before, you may have to buy from scalpers in front of the pepsi center before the game?

i think the worst thing about the ebay, etc. situation is that the tickets ARE being purchased for way over their face value, and not even very good seats. kudos to those who are getting what they asked, but that means you will have a tough time finding tickets at fair value before you get to denver. best bet would be to try the CC or DU message boards (do they have ones similar to ss.com?) but otherwise, like stated before, you may have to buy from scalpers in front of the pepsi center before the game?

At the Milwaukee Frozen4 I had extra tickets and gave them away before the game. There were kids running around with dozens of tickets that people had just given them becuase no one would buy them. The Badgers were in that tourney. The locals in Denver will just not attend these games, so tickets will be easy to get, but most likely upper level.

It just pi$$es me off that the F4 tickets are being sold for more than face value. The NC$$ warns ticket holders that to do sold will result in the seller losing his 'season ticket' status for the following years. All they have to do is look on line to see the hundreds of tickets that are being scalped. I'm not faulting people that have legitimate reasons for not going and are selling their tickets. But there are many people/ticket agents who buy the tickets just so they can scalp them. Ain't capitalism grand!

I'll pay more than face value only if I can't get them for less.

*steps down from soap box*

$165... I saw lots of people on craigslist selling their pairs for 1200, and selling sets of 4 for 2500.... How pathetic...

Thanks for you help, now I have a starting point! Airline tickets booked, hotel booked....In my mind, I'm already there!!!! :lol:

So I have tickets with a few other Sioux fans...I've never been to Denver where are some good places to go eat or hangout? I know I will be going to Coors Brewery for sure on Friday (can't resist free Coors Light)!

I live in Cheyenne, WY...about 90 miles north of Denver. Lots of places to eat and hang out in Denver...especially great if you are a microbrew fan. Check out this site for a nice summary of bars and hotspots:

http://www.denversbestbars.com/Index/Denver_bars_index.html

I had my 30th BDay party at Wynkoop and had a blast. Also be sure to check out LoDo...tends to be the more college/just out of college crowd.

Dave

I live in Cheyenne, WY...about 90 miles north of Denver. Lots of places to eat and hang out in Denver...especially great if you are a microbrew fan. Check out this site for a nice summary of bars and hotspots:

http://www.denversbestbars.com/Index/Denver_bars_index.html

I had my 30th BDay party at Wynkoop and had a blast. Also be sure to check out LoDo...tends to be the more college/just out of college crowd.

Dave

It looks like LODO is actually the NorthWest part of downtown, the blocks between Pepsi Center and Coors Field, NOT South(LOwer).

It just pi$$es me off that the F4 tickets are being sold for more than face value. The NC$$ warns ticket holders that to do sold will result in the seller losing his 'season ticket' status for the following years. All they have to do is look on line to see the hundreds of tickets that are being scalped. I'm not faulting people that have legitimate reasons for not going and are selling their tickets. But there are many people/ticket agents who buy the tickets just so they can scalp them. Ain't capitalism grand!

I'll pay more than face value only if I can't get them for less.

*steps down from soap box*

have to disagree :lol: after we lost in milwaukee i made bank on my tickets as badgers fans wanted to see their team win it all. it paid for my trip and some. nothing wrong with that at all. first off its not possible to stop it and you cant say that tickets were sold for face to someone then that next guy is selling above face. who cares, just dont buy them as this years will be easy to get outside the arena. if my team was in the finals and i needed tickets i would pay big bucks for them as ive done for game 7 of the world series here in 2001 and other events over the years. it is what it is. having said this.............tickets will be nice to come about in denver and especially after thursday when 2 teams lose. 50% of those tickets could become available for a good price. all 5 frozen 4's ive been to since 1999 i always ask for fun and the only time they were tough was in albany when we played boston college..for those without tickets i wouldnt worry 1 bit

have to disagree :lol: after we lost in milwaukee i made bank on my tickets as badgers fans wanted to see their team win it all. it paid for my trip and some. nothing wrong with that at all. first off its not possible to stop it and you cant say that tickets were sold for face to someone then that next guy is selling above face. who cares, just dont buy them as this years will be easy to get outside the arena. if my team was in the finals and i needed tickets i would pay big bucks for them as ive done for game 7 of the world series here in 2001 and other events over the years. it is what it is. having said this.............tickets will be nice to come about in denver and especially after thursday when 2 teams lose. 50% of those tickets could become available for a good price. all 5 frozen 4's ive been to since 1999 i always ask for fun and the only time they were tough was in albany when we played boston college..for those without tickets i wouldnt worry 1 bit

I agree, if you don't want to pay over face don't. I don't want to pay more than face but will in order to see my team play, everytime!! I paid BIG for 4 F4 tickets for Milwaukee. I bought tickets to see the Bears, Cubs and White Sox play over a four day period and sold the farm to pay for the tickets but don't regret it one little bit. BUT, I hate scalping. Real fans are the one's who are getting screwed.

We'll agree to disagree. :D

I've only went to the last 2 Frozen Four tourneys, but I was able to buy tickets for cheap from fans of teams who either lost or fans that bought tickets assuming their team would make it. I have relied on this method every year and it's been pretty successful. You would think with the CO teams out of it, tickets will be pretty easy to get outside of the rink......just my 2 cents today. :lol:

I hope a LOT of people are able to go this year!!