SiouxSports.com Forum

Enough about Holy Cross

01grad

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So exactly what makes Gopher fans so annoying??

Goof fans sitting two rows up from us throwing pop corn at us and, cowards that they are, pretending it wasn't them.

Goof fans trying to start a fight with my son because he was wearing a Goldie with a noose around its neck as a necklace.

Goof fans turning to Siouxmama who was looking at some souveniers and out of no where telling her Sioux suck.

Goof fans saying Robbie was faking it when he was carried off the ice on a gurney.

Goof fan starting an argument with me because I was cheering for my team after we lost a game.

I don't feel like going on. Is that enough?

Anyways, whether it is classy or not (the HC thing) it is certainly getting the reaction that many who have started the whole thing wished to get: a rise out of the Gopher fans/posters.

Most Gopher fans don't care. We recognize your support had nothing to do with being generous but rather to do with your obsession over Minnesota. Either way, have fun watching the NCAAs and your favorite team (the Gophers) from your couch. :lol:

AZsioux, I understand that but it seems there is a high percentage of Gopher talk on this board. I just would like to know what makes people think Gopher fans are so annoying??

the goph fans that come to this board and ust spit bullsh$# and troll around making idiotic posts ust to stir the pot is what makes them peckerheads, some do and some dont. every team has them. and the ones that come here and spit garbage about robbie bina and his injury like its fkn joke and how he cused the injury himself. only a COUPLE have but those who have done this will get the sht kicked out of them someday. wat goes around, comes around............

Goof fans sitting two rows up from us throwing pop corn at us and, cowards that they are, pretending it wasn't them.

Goof fans trying to start a fight with my son because he was wearing a Goldie with a noose around its neck as a necklace.

Goof fans turning to Siouxmama who was looking at some souveniers and out of no where telling her Sioux suck.

Goof fans saying Robbie was faking it when he was carried off the ice on a gurney.

Goof fan starting an argument with me because I was cheering for my team after we lost a game.

I don't feel like going on. Is that enough?

Hitler salute and Sioux suck whenever you get whithin ear shot.

It doesn't bother me one bit that Sioux fans are able to hold this one over their fans. We do have a bigger thing to hold over them, but I'll let them figure it out. :lol:

Most Gopher fans don't care. We recognize your support had nothing to do with being generous but rather to do with your obsession over Minnesota. Either way, have fun watching the NCAAs and your favorite team (the Gophers) from your couch. ;)

big talk slap nutz. seems like you have crowned your team already. when you gona hang your puzzy azz holiday classic banners?? the gophs are damn good. a fool can see that. hell ray charles could see it as well. ray charles also may be a better fit in goal for you guys come NC$$ time. offensively powerful, hell yeah. you still have the same common denominator my friend. briggs and a unproven NC$$ headcase long island frazee. (god help us USA fans if he plays) how are the gophs my favotite team. your the one on this site spitting your halarious posts all the time. seems like you need to check to see who your favorite team is. hmmmmmm............i LOVE college hockey, especially WCHA hockey so i can talk about any fukn team i choose to. it could be the gophs, badgers or whomever and if you have a fkn problem with it, well thats too bad :huh:

oh yeah, happy holidays :lol:

and please no PM's.... enough of you gopher fans PM ss members asking why they are not liked :lol:

Either way, have fun watching the NCAAs and your favorite team (the Gophers) from your couch. :lol:

Why would we be watching the NC$$'s from our couch? Sioux fans are hockey fans. Those of us who are lucky enough to get tickets will go regardless of who is playing. Unlike Goofy fans, I won't be selling my tickets for 10 cents on the dollar if we don't make the Frozen Four.

I believe you're the one obsessed with Sioux hockey. You have over 500 posts on a Sioux Sports forum. That's over 500 more than I have posted on any Goofy sports forum. Now go back to GPL (?), pound your chest, scratch your balls and boast how you came on the SiouxSports.com forum and made an ass of yourself while attempting to insult us.

Spelling out M-I-N-N-E-S-O-t-A, and there penalty chants

I went to a UM-TC game recently at the John (I was cheering for Mankato). Even their own fans were turning and asking me what they were saying for the penalty cheer. All I know is it ends in a swear word and the band is allowed to start the cheer.

Why would we be watching the NC$$'s from our couch? Sioux fans are hockey fans. Those of us who are lucky enough to get tickets will go regardless of who is playing. Unlike Goofy fans, I won't be selling my tickets for 10 cents on the dollar if we don't make the Frozen Four.

I believe you're the one obsessed with Sioux hockey. You have over 500 posts on a Sioux Sports forum. That's over 500 more than I have posted on any Goofy sports forum. Now go back to GPL (?), pound your chest, scratch your balls and boast how you came on the SiouxSports.com forum and made an ass of yourself while attempting to insult us.

That is very well said. Beautiful. :lol:

So exactly what makes Gopher fans so annoying??

I will re-phrase. Not all fans, but I have come across a few that sit at the top of the list. One that comes to mind is a guy that yelled at a 4 year old kid for holding up a sign (size of a sheet of paper). You want to see a little kid sink back into a seat in a hurry? That was a pathetic show of sportsmanship and he was a peice of $&!# for doing that to a little kid.

OK, I can't type fast enough to go on, besides, I hate to go to bed mad. :lol:

Oh... I must mention the M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A thing. NOW THATS ANNOYING.

Remember, I don't mean all fans.

I will re-phrase. Not all fans, but I have come across a few that sit at the top of the list. One that comes to mind is a guy that yelled at a 4 year old kid for holding up a sign (size of a sheet of paper). You want to see a little kid sink back into a seat in a hurry? That was a pathetic show of sportsmanship and he was a peice of $&!# for doing that to a little kid.

OK, I can't type fast enough to go on, besides, I hate to go to bed mad. :lol:

Oh... I must mention the M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A thing. NOW THATS ANNOYING.

Remember, I don't mean all fans.

I agree. I don't think ALL fans of any fan base can be labelled in a negative or positive manner. There are some of both in every fan base.

The first Final Five I went to, I was sitting next to a HUGE (size) Gopher fan. Was a little intimidated, but soon found out that he was very nice. We compared notes about each others players and had a good time for the 4 games. Now, his buddies next to him were a different story. This big guy next to me was the one who jumped on the obnoxius guy who yelled at the little boy in front of us. (I mentioned that in a couple posts ago). He appologized to me for the other guys behavior. Very nice.

I think I just might have to check a game out at the mooch or go to the Final Five to see how bad some Gopher fans are? Cause for all the gopher fans I've met and talked with were really respectable people. However, that doesn't mean that I'm a fan of the gophers! :lol:

If we continue to have a bad season all I wish out of the Sioux is going to Minnesota and sweeping the series. I'd sure be content with that :lol:. And I do realize it's been a while since the Sioux have swept the Gophers when the Gophers play at home...but hey miracles can happen :huh:

...Sioux is going to Minnesota and sweeping the series.... I'd sure be content with that :lol:. And I do realize it's been a while since the Sioux have swept the Gophers when the Gophers play at home...but hey miracles can happen :lol:

Come on. Get real. It not like Holy Cross is ever going to win a NCAA game right?

We sit near some really thin-skinned Gopher supporters at the Final Five. I'll save my HC gear for that weekend, assuming that the Gophers are there.

Speaking of where the Gophers play, it is really too bad that they are not this season returning to the site of their ignomious beating by the Crusaders. What's with that? They haven't been there two of the last three years? Or is it four?

I am not sure how long in advance the league schedules are made up, but I can't help but wonder if Lucy lobbied the WCHA gods to avoid a return trip so soon, what with his fragile ego and the fragile egos of his players and fans. They would have been brutalized, in a civil, fair, and non-condescending way.

Next year. Lucy should still have his job next year. Unless Blais really wants it.

Either way, have fun watching the NCAAs and your favorite team (the Gophers) from your couch. :lol:

I'll be at the F5 and the F4 regardless of if the Sioux are there or not. It's way too early to determine if the Sioux or the Gophers will be at either... :huh:

So no couch for me. :lol:

It not like us Gophers fans are going to let UND fans off the hooks if/when something rediculous happens to UND.

And, you have every right to.,....in fact, I expect nothing less. I'm not the kind of person that dishes it out and can't take it. It's fun to dish AND take. People who can dish it out and then get mad when you give it back to them aren't a lot of fun.

The first Final Five I went to, I was sitting next to a HUGE (size) Gopher fan. Was a little intimidated, but soon found out that he was very nice. We compared notes about each others players and had a good time for the 4 games. Now, his buddies next to him were a different story. This big guy next to me was the one who jumped on the obnoxius guy who yelled at the little boy in front of us. (I mentioned that in a couple posts ago). He appologized to me for the other guys behavior. Very nice.

Good for him....and for you.

Fact is 95% of most fan bases are fabulous people (except maybe Wisconsin), unfortunately if you run into just that one "situation", it's the one that tends to stick you with you.

At the Final 5, there are 6 of us Gopher fans, with 2 sets of Sioux fans on either side of us, 4 Sioux fans & 2 UMD fans in front of us, and a group of CC guys in back of us. We have GREAT time together, and it's one of the reasons I enjoy the Final 5 so much.

Fact is 95% of most fan bases are fabulous people (except maybe Wisconsin), unfortunately if you run into just that one "situation", it's the one that tends to stick you with you.

At the Final 5, there are 6 of us Gopher fans, with 2 sets of Sioux fans on either side of us, 4 Sioux fans & 2 UMD fans in front of us, and a group of CC guys in back of us. We have GREAT time together, and it's one of the reasons I enjoy the Final 5 so much.

The F5 is an awesome time because most of the fans just want to see good hockey so you never let the goofer fan who thinks the goofs are the greatest stop you from having a good time.

The F5 is an awesome time because most of the fans just want to see good hockey so you never let the goofer fan who thinks the goofs are the greatest stop you from having a good time.

Or the Sioux fan that thinks the Sioux have never done anything wrong. :lol:

big talk slap nutz. seems like you have crowned your team already.

:lol: I didn't crown the Gophers anything, I said we'd make the NCAA tournament and UND would not. Of course deep down I still think UND is going to turn it around and get into the NCAAs, but it's no fun if never give each other grief. :huh:

I also sit next to 2 very nice Wisconsin fans at the Final Five.

I dont know where the big guy we sat next to the 1st year is. We moved to the lower bowl after that year.