SiouxSports.com Forum

Enough about Holy Cross

01grad

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the Final 5, there are 6 of us Gopher fans, with 2 sets of Sioux fans on either side of us, 4 Sioux fans & 2 UMD fans in front of us, and a group of CC guys in back of us. We have GREAT time together, and it's one of the reasons I enjoy the Final 5 so much.

That is how it is suppose to be. My best friend's husband is a Packers' fan and I'm a Bears' fan. Over the years we have had the best time with our rivalry. I have given him a galvanised pail filled with green and yellow beads. On one side I wrote, Packers Bucket of Tears and on the other side, I wrote Packers Kick the Bucket. I gave him a box with a picture of Lambeau field on it and the words RIP above it. When you open the box, there's a Packers doll with stars taped over it's eyes lying on a bed of green and yellow confetti. We've done things like this to each other in the name of a great rivalry and 'fan-ship' over several years. He's never set out to deliberately hurt me, my property or my family because we're fan's of different teams.

The Goof's that I point out in my previous post are jerks and don't belong in the same group as 'real fans'. Being an asshole to other teams' fans doesn't make them look like anything but the pea brained pencil pri@ks they are. Same goes for Sioux fans. I don't throw food at rival fans, try to pick fights with them or insult them while waiting in line to buy a puck. But mess with me and I'll take you down! Just ask the little twenty something Goofy weinie I brought to tears with just words when he gave me a bad time for cheering for my team after a loss. :huh: Nothing physical, just words. Easy for me to do, I guess, when one of my sons is a 250 pound athlete, 'mostly' muscle, :lol: and the other one teaches JuiJitsui to law enforcement officers. :lol:

But, this thread is about Holy Cross! I will always cheer for the little guy, the under-dog, the 'surprise out of no where' team. Yes, even if my team looses to them, just not as loudly! For what they accomplished they deserve the respect from all fans, and athletes. They're a team that parents, coaches, teachers, etc., can point to and say, 'Look at the odds they faced! And they came out winners. You can do the same!!'. So, am I going to 'get over it'? Hell no...

It seems as though this thread may be going in an opposite direction than the creator intended!!!

Your right, it started out as someone's rant about not thinking it was time to move on about enjoying the Goofers choke job last season to a ACHA team. I personally am still enjoying the Goofers misfortune from last years regional. Did I buy a HC shirt no, but I used to watch them play football when I lived in MASS, they had a cool stadium and the games were fun to watch... Not as fun as the goofers loosing.

Hockey%20sign%20in%20ND.jpg

In case anyone forgets, I can't believe my picture has gotten so much press.

cross.jpg

Your right, it started out as someone's rant about not thinking it was time to move on about enjoying the Goofers choke job last season to a ACHA team. I personally am still enjoying the Goofers misfortune from last years regional. Did I buy a HC shirt no, but I used to watch them play football when I lived in MASS, they had a cool stadium and the games were fun to watch... Not as fun as the goofers loosing.

Hockey%20sign%20in%20ND.jpg

In case anyone forgets, I can't believe my picture has gotten so much press.

cross.jpg

I still remember watching Goldie and a depressed band sulk out of the REA

A Sioux fan talking about home ice advantage? Now that's funny. :lol: It's not the Gophers who have been swept 6 times in the last year and a half on their home ice.

:lol: It's funny how selective your memory is. In 2004-2005, the Rodents were SWEPT at home by Michigan Tech, SWEPT at home by CC, and lost and tied AAU at home. They still made the tournament, only to get embarassed by the Sioux in Columbus. OH YEAH, I FORGOT ABOUT THAT!! :blush:

Hell, I'll throw one in too..

Grinder at the Red Pepper $6.50

West Regional Tickets $30.00

Watching Coach Chia Pet and the Gophers skate off the ice after losing to Holy Cross....Priceless!

Just to add one thing, I am still smiling after the win almost 9 months later.

The thread creator was ridiculed for telling his fellow Sioux fans to get over it. Suddenly he's been done a disservice and only Gopher fans are to blame. Here's your halo. :blush:

(yes PCM, that is a joke)

Truthfully I think there are some of us who are almost enjoying the mocking. :lol:

Goof fans sitting two rows up from us throwing pop corn at us and, cowards that they are, pretending it wasn't them.

Goof fans trying to start a fight with my son because he was wearing a Goldie with a noose around its neck as a necklace.

Goof fans turning to Siouxmama who was looking at some souveniers and out of no where telling her Sioux suck.

Goof fans saying Robbie was faking it when he was carried off the ice on a gurney.

Goof fan starting an argument with me because I was cheering for my team after we lost a game.

I don't feel like going on. Is that enough?

Sums up why I a few of us don't go to the FF5 anymore. :lol:

I'm sure were not missed and it has been more fun traveling to the other rinks in the WCHA. :blush:

Sioux Fans are not the only one that have bought Holy Cross Merchandise. When the Gophers played in Duluth

this year their were some Bulldog fans wearing Holy Cross tee shirts. In Mankato this year their were some Maverick fans wearing Holy Cross Shirts. Most Gopher Fans have gotten over the Holy Cross loss, infact while in Mankato a Maverick came up to the group I was with and pointed to his shirt. The Gopher fans started to laugh and the Maverick fan said "Arn't you affended by my shirt" A Gopher fan replied " We could care less what you wear, that was last year this is this year" The Maverick fan walked away in shaking his head because he didn't get a rise out of Gopher fans. Bottom line is if a Sioux fan or any other fan wants to spend their own money on a Holy Cross shirt, who cares, it's their money.

Sioux Fans are not the only one that have bought Holy Cross Merchandise. When the Gophers played in Duluth

this year their were some Bulldog fans wearing Holy Cross tee shirts. In Mankato this year their were some Maverick fans wearing Holy Cross Shirts. Most Gopher Fans have gotten over the Holy Cross loss, infact while in Mankato a Maverick came up to the group I was with and pointed to his shirt. The Gopher fans started to laugh and the Maverick fan said "Arn't you affended by my shirt" A Gopher fan replied " We could care less what you wear, that was last year this is this year" The Maverick fan walked away in shaking his head because he didn't get a rise out of Gopher fans. Bottom line is if a Sioux fan or any other fan wants to spend their own money on a Holy Cross shirt, who cares, it's their money.

Your short response shows that you definitely could care less. :lol:

As a Gopher fan, I feel I have to take the good, as well as the bad...I expect to hear about Holy Cross until if/when the Gopher's ever win another Nat. Champ.

I would do the same thing if the Sioux lost to HC last year instead of MN.....I would be too cheap to buy a HC jersey though.

As a Gopher fan, I feel I have to take the good, as well as the bad...I expect to hear about Holy Cross until if/when the Gopher's ever win another Nat. Champ.

I would do the same thing if the Sioux lost to HC last year instead of MN.....I would be too cheap to buy a HC jersey though.

I salute you, honest Gopher fan! :lol:

I guess that proves the points that most fans in the WCHA enjoyed the Gophers losing to HC.