SiouxSports.com Forum

Enough about Holy Cross

01grad

UND had everything to do with the Holy Cross game. The players said that they felt as though every fan in the place was rooting for them, and that they had played a home game- only with more people in the stands than they are used to.

If we had nothing to do with it, why would the players, announcers, and Holy Cross Alumni and fans have come to these boards to personally thank us for the atmosphere and support that they got not only at the REA, but also in Grand Forks.

Maybe it did have some effect on HC.........but I don't think it any effect on the Gophers.

But, whatever works for you is fine with me :lol:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UND fans have there hands full with plenty of other issues. If they want to blow off a little steam and buy some Holy Cross gear, knock yourselves out. I doubt many people were choosing between a HC jersey and a UND jersey, it was probably a HC jersey or their 4th or 5th UND shirt. It not like us Gophers fans are going to let UND fans off the hooks if/when something rediculous happens to UND.

If Sioux fans cheering for the Gophers' opponent gives their opponent such a boost, why do the Gophers have a winning record at REA? :huh:

And of course people tied to HC are going to blow smoke your behinds about how great and inspirational you all were - you sure as heck kissed theirs hard enough. :lol:

Hey Goon - there are probably as many Gopher fans that care about this as those care about where the puckbag ends up when the season is over. I myself think it's pretty funny. Petty, but funny. :lol:

Getting swept at home by Michigan Tech is not a whole lot better than getting beat by Holy Cross.

I think people are underestimating the Tech program this year. I do admit we should have had a win this past weekend, they are still very good. Just look at what they did to UAA earlier this season. Then what UAA did to us. Though I'm mad about the sweep, Tech deserves a lot of credit for coming here and sweeping us.

Also, aren't we lucky Axtell didn't get to many chances last weekend, rumor has it last year in the USHL he was clocked with a 98 mph slap shot.

I can't believe there aren't more Sioux fans who see just how embarrassing that really is. You people are fans of one of the elite programs and you should be proud. I'm sorry, but going to your arch rivals building and choosing to wear the jersey of another team doesn't make you look very proud.

Agreed.

This is why some Gopher fans think you people just look petty and pathetic. Your team is playing at your biggest rival and instead of supporting your team by wearing your teams jersey you would wear another teams jersey for the sole purpose of annoying Gopher fans. I can't believe there aren't more Sioux fans who see just how embarrassing that really is. You people are fans of one of the elite programs and you should be proud. I'm sorry, but going to your arch rivals building and choosing to wear the jersey of another team doesn't make you look very proud.

The whole goofer university pathetic call us petty lucia didnt vote for Panzer to win the hoby because he doesnt like UND. So give it to some freshmen.

Holy Cross represents the little guy that every one blows off. They are around but nothing to worry about. Holy Cross's win over the Goofs was and still is the biggest upset in NC$$ hockey history. It will likely hold that title/record for many years to come. Get over it? Not likely.

I own three game worn Holy Cross jerseys and one replica. I also own seven game worn Fighting Sioux hockey jerseys and four replicas-two are signed by the team.

I will always wear the green, white and black when my team is on the ice. BUT since what I spend my money on pisses off so many Goofy fans, I'm gonna wear my HC jersey whereever there are Goofy fans and my boys aren't on the ice. One of my game worn Holy Cross jerseys looked real purty on the Goldie statue on the UMtc campus. What was really hilarious was while we got some smiles, those that gave us dirty looks while we were trying the jersey on ol' Goldie for size, just ducked their heads and slithered away. :lol:

If it doesn't matter to you, why are you bothering to post here? I would have thought if you found this to be of no consequence, you wouldn't waste your time posting in this thread. By posting, you're telling me you do care, it does bother you but you don't want me to know it. Too late! :lol:

Umm, no.

One of them was in a Regional NCAA game.

The other was a series in December.

I agree.

Though it is "interesting" (but not surprising) to see certain Sioux "fans" taking potshots at their own team like that. Oh well.

Anyways, whether it is classy or not (the HC thing) it is certainly getting the reaction that many who have started the whole thing wished to get: a rise out of the Gopher fans/posters. I'm not sure of this, but if UMN posters/fans made nothing of the whole thing the Sioux fans that continue to bring up the Holy Cross thing (which, if you look at it, aren't all that many until Gopher fans interject) would look foolish. My two cents, anyways.

Though it is "interesting" (but not surprising) to see certain Sioux "fans" taking potshots at their own team like that. Oh well.

Pointing out that Tech swept UND at home is taking a "potshot"? How is that?

I guess I along with many others aren't Sioux "fans" because we might say something negative about a sweep at home by Tech.

UND had everything to do with the Holy Cross game. The players said that they felt as though every fan in the place was rooting for them, and that they had played a home game- only with more people in the stands than they are used to.

If we had nothing to do with it, why would the players, announcers, and Holy Cross Alumni and fans have come to these boards to personally thank us for the atmosphere and support that they got not only at the REA, but also in Grand Forks.

I can say for a fact that I know the players and fans of Holy Cross appreciate that we're still paying attention to them. I got to know a few of the players before they came to GF for Regionals. They knew that they were the underdogs. But I did tell them that everyone who was not a Gopher fan would be cheering for them loud and proud, and to please win against them! We cheered, and they won. I talked to them after the game that night, and they said that it was just such an unbelievable feeling to win as the underdogs against a great program like Minnesota's. They are a great group of guys and great hockey players, and I still talk to a lot of them, and they are still proud of themselves for beating the Gophers, as they should be!! Tony Quesada (their goalie, obviously lol) sent me the Facebook message (yeah I know haha) that is now part of my signature. The team and their fans had a great experience that they will never forget in Grand Forks at the Ralph Engelstad Arena, and may they cherish that moment for as long as they want!

I believe we as Sioux fans did have something to do with the Crusaders winning that night. That was the craziest crowd of hockey fans I've ever seen at the Ralph, very good atmosphere for those boys to play in. Most of the crowd was cheering for them after all! Definitely the biggest upset in NCAA hockey history against our biggest rival, of course we're going to live it up and buy HC jerseys!! If not to piss off the Gopher fans, we will wear it to support the Holy Cross Crusaders and their hockey program that has lots of potential to win many more games!!

On another note... I sent those boys a bunch of shirts (not cheap, I must say) and I never got anything in return for them!!! Oh well, I guess them winning against the Gophers was good enough for me haha

Hey Goon - there are probably as many Gopher fans that care about this as those care about where the puckbag ends up when the season is over. I myself think it's pretty funny. Petty, but funny. :lol:

Yep your probably right. Dang Slap Shot stop clouding the issue with facts again.

I can't believe there aren't more Sioux fans who see just how embarrassing that really is. You people are fans of one of the elite programs and you should be proud. I'm sorry, but going to your arch rivals building and choosing to wear the jersey of another team doesn't make you look very proud.

Thanks for pointing that out.

<snip> I thought it was great to see the gophers get beat, but we need to move on.

<snip>

I agree. It is a new season, afterall.

And while we're at it, can we stop with all the sarcastic "under the bus" comments, too? Talk about getting old. (Most) people that post on here are Sioux fans. When people aren't playing up to their perceived capabilities, fans sure should be able to call them on it. It sure as hell doesn't make the complaining party a bandwagonner. Some might even say it shows some PASSION, which could be something this current Sioux team is in search of at this time.

This is why some Gopher fans think you people just look petty and pathetic. Your team is playing at your biggest rival and instead of supporting your team by wearing your teams jersey you would wear another teams jersey for the sole purpose of annoying Gopher fans. I can't believe there aren't more Sioux fans who see just how embarrassing that really is. You people are fans of one of the elite programs and you should be proud. I'm sorry, but going to your arch rivals building and choosing to wear the jersey of another team doesn't make you look very proud.

From my experiences it doesn't take a HC jersey to annoy some Gopher fans. Or maybe I mean to make some Gopher fans annoying. My last trip to the Final Five confirms that.