SiouxSports.com Forum

Enough about Holy Cross

01grad

I guess that proves the points that most fans in the WCHA enjoyed the Gophers losing to HC.

Your right, since the Gophers are the #1 rival of most teams in the WCHA, most of the fans in the WCHA

will enjoy it. Like I said, most Gopher fans are not bothered by it.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right, since the Gophers are the #1 rival of most teams in the WCHA, most of the fans in the WCHA

will enjoy it. Like I said, most Gopher fans are not bothered by it.

Your not serious are you?

No seriously; there are a lot of Goofer fans are complaining about Sioux fans still enjoying the moment from last March, It really is funny, and that is why most of us are still smiling after all of these weeks. Go over to GPL (aka Gopher love feast) its all over USCHO and Rube Chat. So if it doesn't bother Gopher fans why is there so much discussion about the lose to Holy Cross. Heck all it used to take to set a gopher fan off was the 7>5, then we would get a historical break down about how Minnesota AAU championship some how mattered and that add the Hobey Baker throphies into the equation that some how Minnesota was still the better program. Now all you have to do is say Holy Cross. I still think losing to HC is much worse than losing to MTU or UAA, because the Goofers have had trouble in Anchorage too.

Sioux Fans are not the only one that have bought Holy Cross Merchandise. When the Gophers played in Duluth

this year their were some Bulldog fans wearing Holy Cross tee shirts. In Mankato this year their were some Maverick fans wearing Holy Cross Shirts. Most Gopher Fans have gotten over the Holy Cross loss, infact while in Mankato a Maverick came up to the group I was with and pointed to his shirt. The Gopher fans started to laugh and the Maverick fan said "Arn't you affended by my shirt" A Gopher fan replied " We could care less what you wear, that was last year this is this year" The Maverick fan walked away in shaking his head because he didn't get a rise out of Gopher fans. Bottom line is if a Sioux fan or any other fan wants to spend their own money on a Holy Cross shirt, who cares, it's their money.

Sioux fans are waiting for the kick at the can since you didn't visit the REA this year. Then we

promise to not tease you any more. :lol:

<apologies ahead of time to Sioux Habit who doesn't give a rip about MN history>

Lot's of Gophers fans are complaining and they are funny to poke and laugh at. Lot's of Sioux fans are continuing to wave the HC banner despite some current issues the Sioux are having, they are amusing too...

"Golden Chokers" and "7>3" were always my trigger points. Many of us who understand that the "NCAA" didn't invent hockey are willing to celebrate accomplishments of those who played before WWII. Others who believe in and support everything the "NCAA" stands for don't care about the grandfather of Minnesota hockey. After all they can always get plenty of players from Canada and don't need the talent pool from their Eastern neighbor.

</apologies>

More importantly MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU!

No seriously; there are a lot of Goofer fans are complaining about Sioux fans still enjoying the moment from last March, It really is funny, and that is why most of us are still smiling after all of these weeks. Go over to GPL (aka Gopher love feast) its all over USCHO and Rube Chat. So if it doesn't bother Gopher fans why is there so much discussion about the lose to Holy Cross. Heck all it used to take to set a gopher fan off was the 7>5, then we would get a historical break down about how Minnesota AAU championship some how mattered and that add the Hobey Baker throphies into the equation that some how Minnesota was still the better program. Now all you have to do is say Holy Cross. I still think losing to HC is much worse than losing to MTU or UAA, because the Goofers have had trouble in Anchorage too.

Ya the HC upset was pretty bad, But me being able witness the Gophers winning Back to Back NCAA Titles!!!!!!!!(is priceless) and the big loss to HC really does not have a big effect on me!!!!!!!!!!!

apologies ahead of time to Sioux Habit who doesn't give a rip about MN history

Lot's of Gophers fans are complaining and they are funny to poke and laugh at. Lot's of Sioux fans are continuing to wave the HC banner despite some current issues the Sioux are having, they are amusing too...

"Golden Chokers" and "7>3" were always my trigger points. Many of us who understand that the "NCAA" didn't invent hockey are willing to celebrate accomplishments of those who played before WWII. Others who believe in and support everything the "NCAA" stands for don't care about the grandfather of Minnesota hockey. After all they can always get plenty of players from Canada and don't need the talent pool from their Eastern neighbor.

</apologies>

More importantly MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU!

Actually in the whole grand scheme of things hockey is only a game. :lol: However, it still fun to stir it up with the Gopher fans from time to time. MERRY CHRISTMAS

Edited by Goon

Under Lucia, the Gophers are 8-2-1 up in Anchoarge. In their last 4 series up there the record is 7-0-1. A couple of years ago Minnesota lost to UAA in the championship game of some tournament. The Gophers have pretty much owned UAA at Sullivan Arena.

Under Lucia, the Gophers are 8-2-1 up in Anchoarge. In their last 4 series up there the record is 7-0-1. A couple of years ago Minnesota lost to UAA in the championship game of some tournament. The Gophers have pretty much owned UAA at Sullivan Arena.

ALL HAIL THE SIEVE..............

It's one of, if not THE, biggest college hockey upsets in history, and they beat our #1 rival, on our ice, in our building....i think we can give them more than we give most teams for a win. sure, its going a LITTLE far, but remember, people can celebrate how they want, as long as they want, for whatever they want. kudos to the U.S. Constitution for that one. :blush:

Its great to see UND lossing all these home games at Mariucci West. UND in 8th place man is that great or what. :lol:

This is getting more and more hilarious. The Goofs should change their name to Lemmings the way they all keep coming onto this thread!! :lol::blush:

Yes, we are having our problems winning games but we'll get over. It's not a forever thing like

THE BIGGEST HOCKEY UPSET IN NC$$ HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its great to see UND lossing all these home games at Mariucci West. UND in 8th place man is that great or what. :blush:

:lol: sure is great........we can realize we are having a bad season so far. very rough 1st half... what a bold statement you make. cant wait to see games from the shithole the ucci, better bring something better than this...........

side note rodent, i personally am over the holy cross thing, it was fun as hell watching you fans sitting on your hands but its over now, will we remember? of course, just like you would if the shoe was on the other foot. but im about the sioux getting back on track and could care 2 shits about holy cross right now, excuse me father :D

HO HO HO, MERRY X-MAS

:lol: sure is great........we can realize we are having a bad season so far. very rough 1st half... what a bold statement you make. cant wait to see games from the shithole the ucci, better bring something better than this...........

side note rodent, i personally am over the holy cross thing, it was fun as hell watching you fans sitting on your hands but its over now, will we remember? of course, just like you would if the shoe was on the other foot. but im about the sioux getting back on track and could care 2 shits about holy cross right now, excuse me father :D

HO HO HO, MERRY X-MAS

I think its funny, but sure I am already thinking about going Pheasant hunting on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd and how much beer I am going to drink on new years day after hunting. Most of Sioux fan like the results of the game but our whole life doesn't run around a GAME. Sure I think about hockey 22 hours a day but I have filed the void this weekend with no Fighting Sioux hockey. The wild last night, the Wild tonight, probably a little Bruins action too. WJC on NHL center ice too.

Merry Christmas

Edited by Goon

HO HO HO, MERRY X-MAS

as one of those gopher fans sittin up high on my hands.....i was very bummed and very upset with you fans. as bad as that game was and as bad as i thought you fans were.....the more i realize it would happen the same way at mariucci if that had happened to you so what are ya gonna do? it shouldnt necessarily be expected when you go to someone elses house but you certainly shouldnt be suprised if it happens. im lookin forward to the games in jan at mriucci and im sure i will see some of you guys there. hopefully you guys can get your season turned around here(even though i dont mind seeing you guys suffer a little :D) and maybe we will see each other in the postseason.

as one of those gopher fans sittin up high on my hands.....i was very bummed and very upset with you fans. as bad as that game was and as bad as i thought you fans were.....the more i realize it would happen the same way at mariucci if that had happened to you so what are ya gonna do? it shouldnt necessarily be expected when you go to someone elses house but you certainly shouldnt be suprised if it happens. im lookin forward to the games in jan at mriucci and im sure i will see some of you guys there. hopefully you guys can get your season turned around here(even though i dont mind seeing you guys suffer a little :D) and maybe we will see each other in the postseason.

nice first post here - part of it actually made sense

sorry...just trying to not be dick like some of the sioux fans that come over to our forum.

Gotta love the "cyclical" trends of GPL and SS.com, no? Some Gopher fans come here and be a "dick" on our forum and some Sioux fans go over to GPL and acts like a "dick" on that forum... then, sometimes, I'm assuming, some Sioux fans wonder why they aren't treated fairly on GPL and some Gopher fans feel the same way here. The ironic part is sometimes the same "dicks" are the ones that wonder why they aren't respected?

But one thing is for certain (speaking ONLY from this my experience here on SS.com. I don't have a logon at GPL, don't visit there, probably never will even lurk there): It truly amazes me how "some" in the quoted post so often gets left out and all Sioux fans get painted with the same brush. It's stated that way by SOME Gopher fans here and many more on USCHO.

The moral of the story is: Act here like you want to be treated. If you act like a "dick" expect to get treated like one. Sioux fans on GPL should act with class. Gopher fans on SS.com should act with class. That's all there is to it.

Gotta love the "cyclical" trends of GPL and SS.com, no? Some Gopher fans come here and be a "dick" on our forum and some Sioux fans go over to GPL and acts like a "dick" on that forum... then, sometimes, I'm assuming, some Sioux fans wonder why they aren't treated fairly on GPL and some Gopher fans feel the same way here. The ironic part is sometimes the same "dicks" are the ones that wonder why they aren't respected?

But one thing is for certain (speaking ONLY from this my experience here on SS.com. I don't have a logon at GPL, don't visit there, probably never will even lurk there): It truly amazes me how "some" in the quoted post so often gets left out and all Sioux fans get painted with the same brush. It's stated that way by SOME Gopher fans here and many more on USCHO.

The moral of the story is: Act here like you want to be treated. If you act like a "dick" expect to get treated like one. Sioux fans on GPL should act with class. Gopher fans on SS.com should act with class. That's all there is to it.

Couldn't have said it better myself!!! :lol:

I'm assuming, some Sioux fans wonder why they aren't treated fairly on GPL and some Gopher fans feel the same way here. The ironic part is sometimes the same "dicks" are the ones that wonder why they aren't respected?

Sioux fans on GPL should act with class. Gopher fans on SS.com should act with class. That's all there is to it.

That is not necessarily true, Juniper the GPL site manager runs his site with an iron fist. He has very small threshold and trust me Sioux fans aren't allowed to act like dicks, they are shut down immediately. So I am not sure where that is coming from? On SS.com you have way more leyway...

That is not necessarily true, Juniper the GPL site manager runs his site with an iron fist. He has very small threshold and trust me Sioux fans aren't allowed to act like dicks, they are shut down immediately. So I am not sure where that is coming from? On SS.com you have way more leyway...

This not necessarily true either. Jupiter is just as quick to shut down Gopher fans as he is visitors for breaking rules and no regulars there are allowed to post at will. Either case I think Jupe there and Jim here are fairly consistent with their enforcement, albeit perhaps at different levels at their respective sites.