SiouxSports.com Forum

Kessel returning to the "U"?

buckysieve

Is this a Gopher Board or a Sioux Board? And people wonder why Sioux fans are labled as obsessive when it comes to Gophers hcokey. Give me a break!

I think its a Sioux board. There are green buttons everywhere, and there is an Indian at the top of the page.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all. Using the term best American ever is the part I find ridiculous. My point is that you don't hear that anymore -- I wonder why!

I'd be interested in seeing a link to a post from a Gopher fan that referred to Kessel or Johnson as the, "best American ever". :crazy:

I think its a Sioux board. There are green buttons everywhere, and there is an Indian at the top of the page.

lol

I'd be interested in seeing a link to a post from a Gopher fan that referred to Kessel or Johnson as the, "best American ever". :crazy:

lol

It wasn't a gopher fan, it was one of the writers for USCHO that called phil the greatest US born hockey player ever. As far a a link I don't know but someone had it on here at one time.

It wasn't a gopher fan, it was one of the writers for USCHO that called phil the greatest US born hockey player ever. As far a a link I don't know but someone had it on here at one time.

I think that Kessel has a lot of work to out score Pat Lafontaine and Mike Madonno.

As somebody stated over on kfan.com or gpl ( i can't remember exactly) I don't really care one way or the other. If he comes back, great. If he leaves, i'm ok with that too, because Just like the Sioux, and any top hockey program in the country does, they will just re-load and be a threat again. Please don't spin that as to me saying the Gophers are a lock for the Nat Champ. But instead that the team will be a force. On paper the Gophers might seem to have the best team in the country but last time I checked the game is played on the ice, not paper. And in any one game anything can happen (insert Holy Cross Insult here). Either way the WCHA in general is going to be a fun league to watch again this year.

:crazy: You may get your wish. I'm sure Phil Kessel will be more than happy to tell the world what Phil Kessel will be doing next season, whether it be Phil Kessel in the NHL or Phil Kessel back at Minnesota.

LOL that reminds me of Rickey Henderson...

I wouldn't believe anything that's being said about Kessel at this point. I would wait until the NCAA is through with MN-TC and their "scandal."

I'm just sayin...

I won't believe Kessel will be back until he calls a press confrence.

Anyways, Who will be the most exciting player and most dangerous offensive player in college hockey next year?

Answer: OSHIE

another thing, I wonder if Finley and Eric Johnson ever ran into each other growing up since EJ is from Bloomington and Finley is from Edina and they must be close to the same age. Could you imagine those bantam games.

the top wcha teams always reload but this year has been crazy with the top talent that has left, especially the sioux followed closely by the gophs and wisc..... the league in a whole will still be the best out there but will be missing tons of skill.................i know that new players are coming in and they will develop to be great as well but any hockey fan can only sit back and look at the departures and say DAMMMMMMMM

hell, the sioux may be a better of a team after all things pan out, and they may also struggle, we just dont know until they start playing i guess. if toews stays (nice rhyme, i know :crazy: ) then we may have 2 hobey baker candidates, heck dont want to think yet if he goes, just would plain old suck.................

kessel, johnson, okposo, oshie, lee and toews is a hell of a group on the ice, i just hope we all get to see it!!

The Oshie. You have to give him the proper respect. :crazy:

Oshie rocks.............at least he will be back by the sounds of it. He is one of the most determined players I have ever seen in a sioux uniform. Talk about giving 110%!! Just look at Oshie.............

LOL that reminds me of Rickey Henderson...

Glad I can make ya chuckle, Rwtd. :ohmy:

I still remember Rickey breaking Lou Brock's stolen base record. He gets to the mike and says "Lou Brock was a great base-stealer, but today, I am the greatest of all-time!". I can't remember the pitcher's name, but a player in the opposing dug-out today told him that the comments "made me want to throw up."

Hilarious. The only self-promoter better than Rickey Henderson was Deion Sanders. TO is giving everyone a run for their money though.

Glad I can make ya chuckle, Rwtd. :ohmy:

I still remember Rickey breaking Lou Brock's stolen base record. He gets to the mike and says "Lou Brock was a great base-stealer, but today, I am the greatest of all-time!". I can't remember the pitcher's name, but a player in the opposing dug-out today told him that the comments "made me want to throw up."

Hilarious. The only self-promoter better than Rickey Henderson was Deion Sanders. TO is giving everyone a run for their money though.

Poor Ricky wasn't even the top story in sports that day...Some guy named Nolan Ryan threw his 6th? No-Hitter that day....I guess he wasn't the greatest of all-timezzzzz... :huh:

They may have stated it too, but I have seen and heard it many places, including at work from a gopher fan.

Of course most of it was before he even played a shift and probably even back to the old gopher hockey website. As soon as he actually started to play, expectations were downplayed.

They may have stated it too, but I have seen and heard it many places, including at work from a gopher fan.

Of course most of it was before he even played a shift and probably even back to the old gopher hockey website. As soon as he actually started to play, expectations were downplayed.

He was the "next one" according to INCH back in July 04. :crazy: I thought he was great last year.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7Archiv...kessel_0245.htm

If the Don doesn't keep him out of Blarneys the headline could soon read Un-Done. Boston has probably told him to return to UMTC and shape up because he is looking more and more like the Wisconsin poster boy for Bratwurst and Beer.

At www.bostonherald.com the Bruins assistant G.M. said the final decision on Kessel has not been made. The article goes on to say that they question Kessels fitness and Maturity and maybe another year of school will help him.

No question, Kessel was a stud last year and is a top level college hockey player. However, if he returns to U of M next year, it will have nothing to do with his love of Gopher hockey and everything to do with the fact that the powers in Boston decide that his game is not ready for the next level. Also, my guess is that he would rather continue to be Big Fish in Gopher land than just another puke riding buses between AHL ports.

No question, Kessel was a stud last year and is a top level college hockey player. However, if he returns to U of M next year, it will have nothing to do with his love of Gopher hockey and everything to do with the fact that the powers in Boston decide that his game is not ready for the next level. Also, my guess is that he would rather continue to be Big Fish in Gopher land than just another puke riding buses between AHL ports.

You could say the same thing about Toews and Skille. If Chicago wants them for next season then both will be gone. E. Johnson has wanted to be a Gopher his whole life but if St. Louis wanted him on their team next year he would've signed. It's usually always up to the team. It doesn't mean that Kessel doesn't have love for Gopher hockey. And I highly doubt that Kessel would play one minute in the AHL like you suggested.