SiouxSports.com Forum

Kessel returning to the "U"?

buckysieve

According to Sid Hartman in tommorrows(6/13) Star Tribune:

Gophers assistant hockey coach Mike Guentzel said he was told this week by Phil kessel that the highly touted Gophers freshman will not sign with the Bruins after being drafted in the first round, but will return to Minnesota for his sophomore year.

Now I'm paraphrasing but he went on to say that Boston wants him to spend another year in college.

Who knows if Sid is right or not. Just a few days ago he said it was just a matter of time before he signs so I don't know what to believe.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sid is a complete idiot. I'd trust what Stephen A. Smith says about Kessel's future before I would Grandpa Sports. Hartman should just quit writing about hockey as he doesn't have the slightest clue about it. That said I think Kessel will be back.

*Cue people yelling about another Kessel thread and calling buckysieve names*

Sid is a complete idiot. I'd trust what Stephen A. Smith says about Kessel's future before I would Grandpa Sports. Hartman should just quit writing about hockey as he doesn't have the slightest clue about it. That said I think Kessel will be back.

I agree with you about Sid when it comes hockey, I don't care or listen to a thing he says. But in this case he isn't actually talking about the game of hockey, he's giving info about a player going pro or not. We can say what we want about Sid but one thing is for sure, the man has sources.

I won't fully believe it without further confirmation but I like what I'm hearing so far. Maybe Chicago will take a look at what St. Louis and Boston(hopefully) are doing with their #1 picks and realize Toews should develop for another year at UND.

Buckysieve: you idiot. Thanks a lot for another one-way-player thread.

*Cue everyone telling me I'm not wanted at this forum.*

As much as I may question another phil "the not so much of a thrill" thread being started, I do have to say at least bucky brings a little credibility with him. a$$holesiouxphan brings nothing but misery every time he posts something. Believe me I know an a$$hole when I see one, cause I am one. You are a poser and are completely out of touch with reality.

As much as I may question another phil "the not so much of a thrill" thread being started, I do have to say at least bucky brings a little credibility with him. a$$holesiouxphan brings nothing but misery every time he posts something. Believe me I know an a$$hole when I see one, cause I am one. You are a poser and are completely out of touch with reality.

"Lord, ah wanna thank you for ma beautiful family; ma two sons, Walker, and Texas Ranger, and of course ma red hot smokin wife, Carly" - Ricky Bobby

Minnesota Golden Gophers

#1 all time in NCAA wins

#1 all time in NCAA tourney appearances

#1 all time in NCAA tourney wins

All time winning record vs. UND

Wow, they should hang a banner in Marriucci for those accomplishments!

Or erect a shrine in the zamboni bay. They could call it the Blarney Stone. :crazy:

Ok, your attacks on other posters aren't wanted on this forum. The thread is correctly labeled, if you don't want to read it, don't. There's nothing wrong with a Gopher fan starting a thread to let us know what's happening on their team.

I too take this news with a grain of salt. Just last week Granpa Sid was saying that word on the street had Kessel leaving. Who knows?

I was wondering when someone was going to point that out.

Who's staying? Who's going?

Ask me in October.

Minnesota Golden Gophers

#1 all time in NCAA wins

#1 all time in NCAA tourney appearances

#1 all time in NCAA tourney wins

All time winning record vs. UND

Wow, they should hang a banner in Marriucci for those accomplishments!

I'm pretty sure they already have them! :crazy:

As for Sid, didn't he write something recently that he thinks the Vikings are changing their uniforms this upcoming season and that he thinks the Twins stadium will happen pretty soon?

I was wondering when someone was going to point that out.

Who's staying? Who's going?

Ask me in October.

Like I said, I won't believe it until I hear it from the Bruins or from Phil himself. Charley Walters also said today in his column that Kessel informed the Gopher coaches on Monday that he intends to return this fall. It's certainly not a lock that he's coming back but it sounds a lot better than it did just a few days ago.

I sure hope Kessell returns so he can bring that great team chemistry to the locker room....what a great teammate he must be. :crazy:

Truthfully....Who care about this puke? He is a Gopher and really does not requie a thread on the SIOUX website. Let us focus on the Sioux and the team being assembled for this season. Let the other teams worry about thier own. Geez! :ohmy:

GO SIOUX!

Like I said, I won't believe it until I hear it from the Bruins or from Phil himself.

:crazy: You may get your wish. I'm sure Phil Kessel will be more than happy to tell the world what Phil Kessel will be doing next season, whether it be Phil Kessel in the NHL or Phil Kessel back at Minnesota.

:crazy: You may get your wish. I'm sure Phil Kessel will be more than happy to tell the world what Phil Kessel will be doing next season, whether it be Phil Kessel in the NHL or Phil Kessel back at Minnesota.

Cue mom :ohmy: and fire up the dish.

I find it interesting that some gopher fans on GPL are saying that maybe Kessel will be humbled since he won't be the best player on the team. Evidently, Erik Johnson is now the best American ever. We should start a pool as to who will be the next in succession to be exalted with that title. I suppose you can expect that with the rubes, and Jeff Dubay might be one of the biggest rubes there is.

...I'm sure Phil Kessel will be more than happy to tell the world what Phil Kessel will be doing next season, whether it be Phil Kessel in the NHL or Phil Kessel back at Minnesota...

Can you all finally admit Kessel is anything but a "Mr. Media"? The guy is shy and doesn't communicate well. I want him to play for the Gophers and the US WJC team. Like Slap Shot, I won't be convinced he's playing for the Gophers until I see him in uniform.

I find it interesting that some gopher fans on GPL are saying that maybe Kessel will be humbled since he won't be the best player on the team. Evidently, Erik Johnson is now the best American ever.

Though I don't think anyone has annointed Erik Johnson the best "anything" yet, the fact was he was taken #1 in the draft for a reason, just as Kessel was taken #5 for a reason. That we should be happy at the prospect of them playing for the Gophers next year is pretty ridiculous, eh? :crazy:

I sure hope Kessell returns so he can bring that great team chemistry to the locker room....what a great teammate he must be. :crazy:

Truthfully....Who care about this puke? He is a Gopher and really does not requie a thread on the SIOUX website. Let us focus on the Sioux and the team being assembled for this season. Let the other teams worry about thier own. Geez! :ohmy:

GO SIOUX!

ABTG: Your attacks on other poster's players aren't wanted on this forum. The thread is correctly labeled, if you don't want to read it, don't. There's nothing wrong with a Gopher fan starting a thread to let us know what's happening on their team.

ABTG: Your attacks on other poster's players aren't wanted on this forum. The thread is correctly labeled, if you don't want to read it, don't. There's nothing wrong with a Gopher fan starting a thread to let us know what's happening on their team.

Is this a Gopher Board or a Sioux Board? And people wonder why Sioux fans are labled as obsessive when it comes to Gophers hcokey. Give me a break! I am pretty sure there is a Forum somewhere in cyberland that you can read all you want on Gophers. Why here?