SiouxSports.com Forum

Kessel returning to the "U"?

buckysieve

Be careful about what you wish for. finger_wag.gif:ohmy:

Yeah, I got a feeling phil "the not so much of a thrill" may have a bit of a chip on his shoulder. No reason to wake a sleeping giant, he may just make it miserable for some WCHA teams over the next year.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I got a feeling phil "the not so much of a thrill" may have a bit of a chip on his shoulder. No reason to wake a sleeping giant, he may just make it miserable for some WCHA teams over the next year.

Touche THETRIOUXPER: Nice work on the silent treatment. Please forward your intentions onto the rest of the hillbillies so I no longer have to hear their whining as well.

Dagies, you beat me to it...again. A little cancer in the locker at the John would be fun to watch...

This cancer stuff has been out there for sometime, however, all of the gopher kool aid drinkers were saying nah this stuff isn't true, ok, whatever, then to top it all off, we are to believe that Jack Johnson because he elbowed a player has no right to call Kessel a dirt bag, this logic doesn't hold water. This stuff is being said probably because it is true.

Frankly, I have more respect for Johnson and would tend to believe him more than I would a weasle like kessel. Now in a way we hope Kessel doesn't go pro so we can watch the gopher Locker Room implode again and watch them lose to another 16 seed team.

I fell out of my chair when I read this post.

The way I understand it - and this could be what you folks have already been refering too - is that the only reason it was reported that he is planning on coming back to the UMTC is that he has not been offered a contract as of yet. As soon as he is - he will not be planning on coming back.

I fell out of my chair when I read this post.

It wasn't meant to be humorous or even to compliment phil. I just think phil is like some caged up little rodent, when you poke it and jab at it enough times with a stick it's bound to get pissed. I'm just saying phil's been kicked around enough he's either going to perform or crack. As far as a$$holephan is concerened, you aren't worth the time of day, you still have zero credible or informative posts. You talk about others' whining and it seems to me that's all you have ever brought to the table.

Best I figure, Kessel can't come back even if he wants too. Maturi is feeling the heat, and Kessel probably ain't been going to class. Like alot of hockey players, he's no academician. Whatever that means.

With the Blarney's inquiry, the Gophers cannot afford any more bad pr.

The Gophers will be a better team without him. Here is saying that, unless he has a major change of attitude and focus, Pill will have little more than a cup of coffee in the NHL.

Had he been a Badger, he would have had the world by the tail. Such are the mistakes that we all make in life. I will be stunned if Kessel returns to the Gophers, and even more stunned if he becomes an NHL mainstay.

Dave Spehar.

Best I figure, Kessel can't come back even if he wants too. Maturi is feeling the heat, and Kessel probably ain't been going to class. Like alot of hockey players, he's no academician. Whatever that means.

With the Blarney's inquiry, the Gophers cannot afford any more bad pr.

The Gophers will be a better team without him. Here is saying that, unless he has a major change of attitude and focus, Pill will have little more than a cup of coffee in the NHL.

Had he been a Badger, he would have had the world by the tail. Such are the mistakes that we all make in life. I will be stunned if Kessel returns to the Gophers, and even more stunned if he becomes an NHL mainstay.

Dave Spehar.

This post is so stupid I don't even no where to begin. Unbelievable. :crazy:

This post is so stupid I don't even no where to begin. Unbelievable. :crazy:

troll_bait.gif

Repeat after me:

It's not as tasty as it looks.

It's not as tasty as it looks.

It's not as...

I'm getting to the point where I don't even care about the kid anymore. Make a decision and just go with it and get it over with. If he leaves the Goophs will just "find" a way to do it without him (and i use "find" very loosley) His cocky attitude is the exact reason he will not sustain long term success in the NHL as many of you have said. Unless a big attitude adjustment happens it doesn't matter to me.

His cocky attitude is the exact reason he will not sustain long term success in the NHL as many of you have said. Unless a big attitude adjustment happens it doesn't matter to me.

When I read what his future bosses have to say about him, I wonder if lack of maturity (which is no doubt the reason for the 'cockiness, attitude problem', buring bridges) is the reason that they have him stay at UNtc. Another year on the ice with the Gophers will likely add nothing that the AHL would but they might want him to become more of a 'team player' and grow up.

Just saying.....

When I read what his future bosses have to say about him, I wonder if lack of maturity (which is no doubt the reason for the 'cockiness, attitude problem', buring bridges) is the reason that they have him stay at UNtc. Another year on the ice with the Gophers will likely add nothing that the AHL would but they might want him to become more of a 'team player' and grow up.

Just saying.....

Parise forgive me, but I'm not so sure. Why? I cite Vanek. No, I'm not going to get into who is better: Oshie or Vanek or Parise or Kessel.. It doesn't matter. What does matter is the fact that Vanek walked into Rochester just as reportedly cocky as Kessel is now. He played for a few games and then the Rochester coach did the unthinkable: he benched Vanek. After that, Vanek put together a very good season in the AHL.

Say what you will about Lucia, but only Dahl is dumb enough to bench a top scorer. It just doesn't happen very often without good cause in the NCAA. Therefore, maybe UMTC will give Kessel another year of experience, but I doubt Lucia can afford to do what is truly right for Kessel: a big helping of humble pie served individually.

What does matter is the fact that Vanek walked into Rochester just as reportedly cocky as Kessel is now. He played for a few games and then the Rochester coach did the unthinkable: he benched Vanek. After that, Vanek put together a very good season in the AHL.

Ok, but why start the clock? Let him stay at UMtc and eat humble pie there?! Oops, got it, they don't serve that at UMtc. :crazy:

Ok, but why start the clock? Let him stay at UMtc and eat humble pie there?! Oops, got it, they don't serve that at UMtc. :crazy:

thats true. i dont know about anybody else, but i havent heard about um punishing the guys for blarney's. and the other thing with kessel leaving, im sure that he would love to go. its up to the bruins about when he comes though. im confident that he will go

This post is so stupid I don't even no where to begin. Unbelievable. :angry:

buckysieve: Your attacks on other poster's posts aren't wanted on this forum. The thread is correctly labeled, if you don't want to read it, don't. There's nothing wrong with a Gopher fan starting a thread to let us know what's happening on their team.

Actually that was my take on the entire thread/topic. I wonder who the dumba$$ was that started it. ;)

Sioux Hab-it: Your personal attacks on other posters aren't wanted on this forum. The thread is correctly labeled, if you don't want to read it, don't. There's nothing wrong with a Gopher fan starting a thread to let us know what's happening on their team.

thats true. i dont know about anybody else, but i havent heard about um punishing the guys for blarney's. and the other thing with kessel leaving, im sure that he would love to go. its up to the bruins about when he comes though. im confident that he will go

This will send the Goofer nation over the top. It sounds like some of the Bruin fans are using some of the same language/excuses the Goofer nation did before PK came to the Maridouche. Get ready for all of them to flood in, AGAIN. But in a way it's almost too fun to do this to them. Kinda like hooking the same sunnies off the dock time after time. You know it's the same group of fish, but it's still fun to set the hook and reel them in. Anyway, a couple of links to add to the fun:

http://www.dispatch.com/sports-story.php?s...0716-E4-00.html

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=269606

He's repeating word for word what the moderator said to him a little while ago.

I know that. But if he think's the moderator's being inconsistent, he should complain to a moderator, not try to act like one.