SiouxSports.com Forum

Kessel returning to the "U"?

buckysieve

vomit-smiley-014.gif

He's never said anything negative about the Gophers or playing for them. He's just honest and upfront about his dream of playing in the NHL and how he would like it to be sooner rather than later. He's also made it clear that he's in a win-win situation and that going back to the U to "try to win a national championship" would be fine with him. I haven't heard him say anything that would offend his current teammates or the fans. Just because he says he would like to sign doesn't mean he's unhappy with playing college hockey. It simply means that he has a chance to realize his lif long dream of playing in the NHL.

Toews has made it very clear that if Chicago wants him in the NHL next year he's there, so I guess you should wish him some good luck with the locker room also huh?

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, bucky, I am well aware that you have a bone to pick with Sioux fans. Hey, whatever. But it isn't that uncommon that Kessel has a history of having attitude "issues." I'm not saying it happened at the U, but when former teammates start talking about it, GMs start talking about it, and media people start talking about it, when are you going to believe it? You don't believe us? Fine. That's your business.

However, now I'd like you to dig deep and hard and try to find proof, here or otherwise, that Toews has EVER been a lockerroom cancer or had any attitude issues. How about any information on Toews in the lockerroom? How about quotes saying that Toews would rather be in the NHL than at UND? Sure, Toews has stated that, if he can crack the NHL lineup next year, he'd sign, but otherwise he'd head back to UND rather than going to the AHL. Where was that from Kessel? If Kessel had said that, then I doubt you'd get this kind of thing.

Please, if you disagree with us fine, but if you disrespect us, then leave. You aren't doing anyone any favors by posting here.

Nice Post Redwing_77,

Look there is stuff all over the place about Phil having an attitude and spats with various players. I tend to believe this stuff. So what are we suppose to think the deal with Skille isn't true, or not believe Jack Johnson when he calls Kessel a dirt bag. There is a pattern.

Pee or get off of the pot Kessel. I am sick and tired of even the Grand Forks Herald even covering Phil the Thrills decision to go or not. Personally who fricken cares, whoopty do. I still think Oshie (was robbed) is a better more complete hockey player than Phil "its all about me" Kessel anyways in my opinion. Actually I think Sioux fans should be hoping he doesn't sign, then he can be a cancer in the locker room again.

Goon,

What players on last years Gophers team said Kessel was a cancer in the locker room? I didn't hear any talk all last season that he was a cancer. Now we hear from a Boston reporter who heard it from a Columbus Blue Jacket employee that Kessel was disruptive in the locker room all year even though the Gophers won twenty- seven games with this so called cancer. I do go along with you hoping he comes back to the U because I will take his talent any day of the week.

Goon,

What players on last years Gophers team said Kessel was a cancer in the locker room? I didn't hear any talk all last season that he was a cancer. Now we hear from a Boston reporter who heard it from a Columbus Blue Jacket employee that Kessel was disruptive in the locker room all year even though the Gophers won twenty- seven games with this so called cancer. I do go along with you hoping he comes back to the U because I will take his talent any day of the week.

Yep there is no credibility to the Columbus report, the scouts don't know jack $#!t. The fans know better.

If you want to live with your head in the sands go ahead. People don't just make this stuff up. So it has to be Skille's fault right, no way st Phil is to blame.

I will tell you one thing.

It may not have necessarily been Kessel, but the WAS a cancer in the gophers' locker room during their last games of the season :angry:

I believe it was , "Just another meaningless game. Whoops, guess that last one counted." ;)

I believe it was , "Just another meaningless game. Whoops, guess that last one counted." ;)

I guess none of them count unless they are playing for a national title. :angry:

Never forget, if you team loses in the third place game its meaning less. Figures the goofer's coach is the first one suggest that the league do away with it. I was actually surprised that the league didn't move the third place game to the prime time to get more butts in the seats and move the championship game to the afternoon spot.

I will tell you one thing.

It may not have necessarily been Kessel, but there definately WAS a cancer in the gophers' locker room during their last games of the season :angry:

In that case I suppose Sioux fans would want him to come back right?

Yep there is no credibility to the Columbus report, the scouts don't know jack $#!t. The fans know better.

If you want to live with your head in the sands go ahead. People don't just make this stuff up. So it has to be Skille's fault right, no way st Phil is to blame.

I'm not saying Kessel is the all-american boy but in the same article (ruesse"s) the Boston GM said Kessel is a good kid although he may be a liitle immature. Columbus may have seen something with Kessel but why did't Kessel drop farther in the Draft (ala Randy Moss) if he is such a disruptive kid. I don't recall any other teams complaining about him. As for the fans knowing better, I know some fans are closer to a hockey program than you may think. I never said it was Skille's fault as I don't know if Kessel is to blame also, I don't know what the situation was. I'm still waiting for your reply on who said he was a cancer in the locker room?

I'm confused with this post.

Ok, bucky, I am well aware that you have a bone to pick with Sioux fans. Hey, whatever. But it isn't that uncommon that Kessel has a history of having attitude "issues." I'm not saying it happened at the U, but when former teammates start talking about it, GMs start talking about it, and media people start talking about it, when are you going to believe it? You don't believe us? Fine. That's your business.

However, now I'd like you to dig deep and hard and try to find proof, here or otherwise, that Toews has EVER been a lockerroom cancer or had any attitude issues. How about any information on Toews in the lockerroom? How about quotes saying that Toews would rather be in the NHL than at UND? Sure, Toews has stated that, if he can crack the NHL lineup next year, he'd sign, but otherwise he'd head back to UND rather than going to the AHL. Where was that from Kessel? If Kessel had said that, then I doubt you'd get this kind of thing.

Please, if you disagree with us fine, but if you disrespect us, then leave. You aren't doing anyone any favors by posting here.

Wow, you sure read a lot more into my post than was actually there. I never said Toews was a cancer in the lockeroom, in fact he seems like quite the opposite. I'm simply saying that Kessel didn't say anything after the draft that would make it hard for him to be in the Gopher locker room next year like sioux7>5 suggested.

Toews and Kessel have said virtually the exact same things since the draft. They have both made it clear that if their teams think they're ready to play in the NHL next year, they will sign. Sioux7>5 said good luck to phil in the lockeroom next year because of his comments so I think the same would apply to Toews. My point is that neither player has said anything to offend their current teammates. The players that play with Kessel and Toews know full well that they will be in the NHL soon and that that is their dream. Why would any Gopher or Sioux player be offended to hear one of them say they would like to sign an NHL contract?

And I have no idea why you wrote that last part of your post. I didn't even come close to disrespecting anyone with my post. And since you brought up the topic of favors, why don't you do me one and stop responding to my posts if all you're going to do is misrepresent them.

I for one would like to see him going back to play for the goophers. He's gonna have to come up with another move or two though. Most WCHA teams know his one move.

I agree and he is going to have a checker on him at all time.

I guess none of them count unless they are playing for a national title. :angry:

Never forget, if you team loses in the third place game its meaning less. Figures the goofer's coach is the first one suggest that the league do away with it. I was actually surprised that the league didn't move the third place game to the prime time to get more butts in the seats and move the championship game to the afternoon spot.

If you think Lucia is the first one to suggest getting rid of the third place game then you've had your head in the sand for the last 15 years.

If you think Lucia is the first one to suggest getting rid of the third place game then you've had your head in the sand for the last 15 years.

Lucia must have talked to a majority of coaches in the CCHA and Hockey East and convinced them to not have a third place game for their post-season tournaments.

http://www.collegehockeystats.net/0506/schedules/ccha

http://www.collegehockeystats.net/0506/schedules/heastm

You have to admit there's a reason that these other leagues got rid of the third place game, no?

Yeah, cause everytime one of their elite teams suffered an embarassing loss the only excuse they could come up with was "it's a meaningless game". ;)

Yeah, cause everytime one of their elite teams suffered an embarassing loss the only excuse they could come up with was "it's a meaningless game". ;)

:angry: Ya! What is with the WCHA? We have been falling behind Hockey East and the CCHA ;)

:sad:

Maybe, if the WCHA teams continue to fall against teams such as Holy Cross in the NCAA playoffs.

Umm...third place games are meaningless. You play to win titles, not consolation games.

Lucia must have talked to a majority of coaches in the CCHA and Hockey East and convinced them to not have a third place game for their post-season tournaments.

You thought that was "brilliant!", I find it amazing how he as a know nothing 3rd Year coach in Fairbanks convinced the NCAA powers that be to cancel it in the season ending hockey tourney. :angry:

Don't worry though. tDon convinced the rest of the clowns that the rotating schedule would be good for them and he'll eventually get his way here too. Of course the WCHA will just jack the price of the quarter final game to full rate so they don't lose out on any of the Final Five package money.

It's all about Lucia. You beat him once, twice, or even several times. Heck even Holy Cross beat him. But eventually all will fall under his spell. Now that he's done with the Blues, I suspect he's trying some Jedi mindtrick stuff on the B's right now.

Umm...third place games are meaningless. You play to win titles, not consolation games.

That is what your coach and fans have said for the past two season when you have gotten pasted in the third place game. Funny thing is that both times the team that beat the Goofs in the third place game went on to play in the NCAA Frozen Four Finals. Hum, meaningless.

I hate to break you little bubble fella's, but no GOOD coach will ever tell you a game is meaningless, especially not at the end of the year. Aren't you goophie fans always saying that titles are won in March and April not in October/November ? It seems to me that two losses in the Final Five don't do a hell of a lot for a team, it's just the wrong time of the year for the wheels to come off.

How can you not get interested in playing the Sioux and Wisconsin. This spring the gophers looked exactly the same vs. Holy Cross as they did against Wisconsin in the third place game.

A bubble team in the third place game is very interested in winning against a TUC. Would appear the gophers would have to be in that position to get interested.

Regular season excellence, winning the WCHA, and sewing up on 1 seed prior to the final five makes all games there meaningless. Maybe you should just forfeit the final five when in that position. Lucia should promote WCHA champions getting to skip the final five.