SiouxSports.com Forum

Kessel returning to the "U"?

buckysieve

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone keeping track, that's two more posts for a-hole-sioux-fan that have absolutely no merit at all. Again, I would like to point out the fact that his biggest complaint is people clogging up threads with meaningless posts.

like that post :angry:;)

It doesn't matter. What does matter is the fact that Vanek walked into Rochester just as reportedly cocky as Kessel is now. He played for a few games and then the Rochester coach did the unthinkable: he benched Vanek. After that, Vanek put together a very good season in the AHL.

Lets not forget that Vanek was a healthy scratch during the NHL playoffs because the coach deemed he was not putting out a good effort. I translate that to he is lazy or poor in the defensive zone.

Lets not forget that Vanek was a healthy scratch during the NHL playoffs because the coach deemed he was not putting out a good effort. I translate that to he is lazy or poor in the defensive zone.

He won't play defense which is pathetic. He's got good size and is a very good skater so there's no reason he should be the defensive liability he is. Hopefully being benched during the playoffs after tying for second on the team in points during the season should wake him up and realize he needs to try harder in his own end. I don't feel one bit sorry for him that he missed the playoffs, it's his own fault.

As far as the complaining about the thread topic, as a gopher fan, all I can say is this site is far better organized than GPL. I find the thread topics here more straight forward, so you don't have to go digging through pages and pages of disjointed crap to find what you want. I love gpl and appreciate their efforts, but they could learn some things from siouxsports

As far as the complaining about the thread topic, as a gopher fan, all I can say is this site is far better organized than GPL. I find the thread topics here more straight forward, so you don't have to go digging through pages and pages of disjointed crap to find what you want. I love gpl and appreciate their efforts, but they could learn some things from siouxsports

Both sites are composed quite well and if you know what you're looking for you don't need to be a web-site programmer to navigate GPL. The only difference is that "Hockey" content at GPL is broken down into three different themes - there's nothing mysterious or disjointed about it. There's Gopher Hockey, Gopher Recruiting, and College Hockey - what's so difficult to comprehend about that?

Like I said I love both sites; just my personal opinion. To address your question, nothing is terribly difficult about it but.....for example....If I want to know about kessel's status on this site....I look under the tread "kessel returning to the U?". Due to thread organization and limitation of GPL such info is located in a 10 page thread called "early depatures" which contains info on potulny, irmen, chucko, wheeler, goli, kessel, all the nodak bolters, all the wisc signees and a number of other players from other teams. Here, those threads are seperated. Nothing personal, I just find this easier.

Due to thread organization and limitation of GPL such info is located in a 10 page thread called "early depatures" which contains info on potulny, irmen, chucko, wheeler, goli, kessel, all the nodak bolters, all the wisc signees and a number of other players from other teams.

You obviously knew right where to go to discuss the possible departure of Kessel as you noted above. That there are posts about other players is irrelevent since Kessel is the only player to be recently discussed in the thread, so unless you're unable to login and get directed to the most recent posts you would have had no trouble finding the latest news about him.

btw - I'm not saying GPL is better in any way. On the contrary, both sites are great but they just have a little different way of organizing thread topics. :angry:

I know that. But if he think's the moderator's being inconsistent, he should complain to a moderator, not try to act like one.
I've yet to see a single person subjected to moderation and think it was fairly, consistently, and judiciously applied to him. However, I'm always happy to discuss such concerns (after the link is the place, not here).

you don't have to go digging through pages and pages of disjointed crap to find what you want.
:angry: That's my preference. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't; some people like it, some don't

On the subject of which, we're straying a little from "Kessel returning to the 'U'?"... ;)

On the subject of which, we're straying a little from "Kessel returning to the 'U'?"... :angry:

Kessel returning to the UM is totally up to Boston, not Kessel (or in this case, Kessel's dad). Same thing goes for ANY player, on any team that are considered flight risks. They will gladly take the money, and get the clock ticking on free agency (and possibly the BIG $$), as opposed to another year in college.

The only difference with Kessel and the other's, is that Kessel is up front about it, where everyone else is going the "PC" rout.

Both sites are composed quite well and if you know what you're looking for you don't need to be a web-site programmer to navigate GPL. The only difference is that "Hockey" content at GPL is broken down into three different themes - there's nothing mysterious or disjointed about it. There's Gopher Hockey, Gopher Recruiting, and College Hockey - what's so difficult to comprehend about that?

um - ok - thanks

"Despite recently informing a Gophers hockey coaching staff member that he intended to return for his sophomore season, Phil Kessel now is eager to sign with the Boston Bruins, insiders say. The Bruins made him the No. 5 overall pick in last month's NHL entry draft."

From today's Pioneer Press and no real surprize I imagine.

According to Sid Hartman in tommorrows(6/13) Star Tribune:

Gophers assistant hockey coach Mike Guentzel said he was told this week by Phil kessel that the highly touted Gophers freshman will not sign with the Bruins after being drafted in the first round, but will return to Minnesota for his sophomore year.

Now I'm paraphrasing but he went on to say that Boston wants him to spend another year in college.

Who knows if Sid is right or not. Just a few days ago he said it was just a matter of time before he signs so I don't know what to believe.

Sid is too much of a homer (like so many folks around here) to take anything he says too seriously

I'm just getting dizzy watching these reports

"He's staying"

"He's going"

"He's staying"

"He's going"

And around and around and around...

Do SOMETHING, dang it!!!!

Pee or get off of the pot Kessel. I am sick and tired of even the Grand Forks Herald even covering Phil the Thrills decision to go or not. Personally who fricken cares, whoopty do. I still think Oshie (was robbed) is a better more complete hockey player than Phil "its all about me" Kessel anyways in my opinion. Actually I think Sioux fans should be hoping he doesn't sign, then he can be a cancer in the locker room again.

Pee or get off of the pot Kessel. I am sick and tired of even the Grand Forks Herald even covering Phil the Thrills decision to go or not. Personally who fricken cares, whoopty do. I still think Oshie (was robbed) is a better more complete hockey player than Phil "its all about me" Kessel anyways in my opinion. Actually I think Sioux fans should be hoping he doesn't sign, then he can be a cancer in the locker room again.

Remember, nothing is official until the press conference takes place. I hear he's got one scheduled this afternoon. Will be aired on KFAN. :angry:

Remember, nothing is official until the press conference takes place. I hear he's got one scheduled this afternoon. Will be aired on KFAN. :angry:

I hope he leaves but I am sure he will stay. Good Luck Phil with the locker room after all our wonderful comments you made after the draft.

I hope he leaves but I am sure he will stay. Good Luck Phil with the locker room after all our wonderful comments you made after the draft.

He's never said anything negative about the Gophers or playing for them. He's just honest and upfront about his dream of playing in the NHL and how he would like it to be sooner rather than later. He's also made it clear that he's in a win-win situation and that going back to the U to "try to win a national championship" would be fine with him. I haven't heard him say anything that would offend his current teammates or the fans. Just because he says he would like to sign doesn't mean he's unhappy with playing college hockey. It simply means that he has a chance to realize his lif long dream of playing in the NHL.

Toews has made it very clear that if Chicago wants him in the NHL next year he's there, so I guess you should wish him some good luck with the locker room also huh?

um - ok - thanks

um - ok - you're welcome :angry:

As for Sid, he's claimed Kessel is leaving and he's claimed he's staying. although Grandpa forgot to mention that change when posting the contrary position. At this point I'm not buying any claims until the kid officially announces, although I think the odds are he'll sign with Boston.

He's never said anything negative about the Gophers or playing for them. He's just honest and upfront about his dream of playing in the NHL and how he would like it to be sooner rather than later. He's also made it clear that he's in a win-win situation and that going back to the U to "try to win a national championship" would be fine with him. I haven't heard him say anything that would offend his current teammates or the fans. Just because he says he would like to sign doesn't mean he's unhappy with playing college hockey. It simply means that he has a chance to realize his lif long dream of playing in the NHL.

Toews has made it very clear that if Chicago wants him in the NHL next year he's there, so I guess you should wish him some good luck with the locker room also huh?

I'm confused with this post.

Ok, bucky, I am well aware that you have a bone to pick with Sioux fans. Hey, whatever. But it isn't that uncommon that Kessel has a history of having attitude "issues." I'm not saying it happened at the U, but when former teammates start talking about it, GMs start talking about it, and media people start talking about it, when are you going to believe it? You don't believe us? Fine. That's your business.

However, now I'd like you to dig deep and hard and try to find proof, here or otherwise, that Toews has EVER been a lockerroom cancer or had any attitude issues. How about any information on Toews in the lockerroom? How about quotes saying that Toews would rather be in the NHL than at UND? Sure, Toews has stated that, if he can crack the NHL lineup next year, he'd sign, but otherwise he'd head back to UND rather than going to the AHL. Where was that from Kessel? If Kessel had said that, then I doubt you'd get this kind of thing.

Please, if you disagree with us fine, but if you disrespect us, then leave. You aren't doing anyone any favors by posting here.