SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Who knows anything about this kid?

Jake Hanson - White Bear Lake HS

He's only a junior this year, but it says in the Star Tribune today that he has several visits to D-1 programs set up for the next 6 weeks or so, including Minnesota, UND, Duluth, Denver, CC, and Mankato. What are our chances landing this kid?

Committed to Minnesota according to GPL

Here are a couple of other names for down the road.

Derek Lee - Salmon Arm ('90)

Kelly Zajac - Salmon Arm (mentioned)

Riley Nash - Salmon Arm (mentioned)

Kyle St. Denis - Vernon ('90 - East Coast Bound?)

Also, I would speculate that Brett Hextall could possibly become an 08. Why? While it appears he has hit a wall in the BCHL and has hardly scored in the past few weeks playing for a very explosive Penciton team. Although he is still #1 in penalties. I suspect he gets his firey side from his mother... :silly: Also most BCHLers that have played for the Sioux have played 2 years in the BCHL. I suspect that if we got Riley Nash he could also be an 08.

Finally, who is Tyler Bozak? He appears to have come out of nowhere and is leading the BCHL in scoring by a good margin. Note he is already 20. Can you say 25 year old Canadian? I have no idea if he is even going the college route. Does anyone know anything about him?

Also, I would speculate that Brett Hextall could possibly become an 08. Why? While it appears he has hit a wall in the BCHL and has hardly scored in the past few weeks playing for a very explosive Penciton team. Although he is still #1 in penalties. I suspect he gets his firey side from his mother... :silly: Also most BCHLers that have played for the Sioux have played 2 years in the BCHL. I suspect that if we got Riley Nash he could also be an 08.

Finally, who is Tyler Bozak? He appears to have come out of nowhere and is leading the BCHL in scoring by a good margin. Note he is already 20. Can you say 25 year old Canadian? I have no idea if he is even going the college route. Does anyone know anything about him?

Bozak has committed to Denver

Don't know how explosive I would consider Penticton when there are 8 teams that have more goals for than they do. Also, there leading scorer has 30 points, while Hextall has 23 as a younger player. Everything can't be measured by goals and assists. Maybe he will come in and maybe he won't, but I don't think it will be determined by reading the score sheet every day. If that was the case, then Oshie wouldn't be valuable to the Sioux right now, and we both know that he is very valuable even when he doesn't hit the score sheet.

Don't know how explosive I would consider Penticton when there are 8 teams that have more goals for than they do. Also, there leading scorer has 30 points, while Hextall has 23 as a younger player. Everything can't be measured by goals and assists. Maybe he will come in and maybe he won't, but I don't think it will be determined by reading the score sheet every day. If that was the case, then Oshie wouldn't be valuable to the Sioux right now, and we both know that he is very valuable even when he doesn't hit the score sheet.

Points per game has declined significanly also. He appears to have hit a wall.

I guess that I really touched a nerve with someone.

I wasn't trying to brag, but make a point that that a certain blogger either reads stuff on message boards or assumes things and writes about them and the guy has a little bit of credability(he is right more than half the time), so some people believe everything he writes, including things that are no where near the truth. Sometimes he has written things that are not true about our recruits or potential recruits and I usually bite my tongue, but once in a while I speak up to try stop rumors before they start.

I don't think that sevenchampionship person knows anything. If he did I don't know why he had to blow up on me. I think he is just sick of my posts leading people on. If he really knows everything I bet he knows who is visiting this weekend? But he doesn't so it will bother him and eat at him. And then he will take it out on me.

I guess I will just retire from this board if its upsetting so many people. Your all welcome to my retirement party tonight I will be celebrating at the O.B.

Sevens guy, while your on your knees, you can kiss my A?? too.

I wasn't trying to brag, but make a point that that a certain blogger either reads stuff on message boards or assumes things and writes about them and the guy has a little bit of credability(he is right more than half the time), so some people believe everything he writes, including things that are no where near the truth. Sometimes he has written things that are not true about our recruits or potential recruits and I usually bite my tongue, but once in a while I speak up to try stop rumors before they start.

I don't think that sevenchampionship person knows anything. If he did I don't know why he had to blow up on me. I think he is just sick of my posts leading people on. If he really knows everything I bet he knows who is visiting this weekend? But he doesn't so it will bother him and eat at him. And then he will take it out on me.

I guess I will just retire from this board if its upsetting so many people. Your all welcome to my retirement party tonight I will be celebrating at the O.B.

I personally like and appreciate your information. Please don't let a few surly posters discourage you--most people are very receptive to the information that you provide.

I will agree with one thing here. There is an awful lot of misinformation and false specualtion, some of it is for the purpose of discussion and really means nothing. Hakfan you are probably connected in some way, that's cool, I'm sure there are those of us that would love to have inside info. Some info can be shared while some info cannot. The reason's for not sharing are many, but mostly in order to keep getting the info you have to be careful who you are telling and what you are telling them. I say this to you, don't worry about a few cat's flippin' you s&!t on a message board. Be thankful you have the info you do, and take care to release it to others' in a responsible manner. If I were plugged into the information pipeline, like yourself, that's what I would do. But alas, I have only a cracked, decrepid old crystal ball, from which my wellspring of information flows. I aplologize for jumping on the bandwagon of making light of the situation, but please don't leave the board, you bring alot more worthwhile stuff here than your's truly.

I guess I will just retire from this board if its upsetting so many people.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say that that vast majority of people who frequent this board appreciate the information you post. I hope that you'll reconsider your decision.

Hey, #1HakFan, I'm assuming these recruits aren't calling you or coming up to meet you and telling you that they are here and since it isn't the recruit calling you, there is only one other type of source that we all know where the information could ultimately be coming from. Do you think that these sources want you telling all others on message boards what this undisclosed, nonpublic information is even if you are only giving your childish "hints"? You have to have some discretion in the information that you post and to have some respect for the ultimate source of the information.

OH YEAH, AND ONE OTHER THING, REMEMBER WHEN FS1 PM'D YOU A FEW MONTHS AGO ABOUT A CERTAIN GOALIE RECRUIT? YOU WERE BOASTING THAT YOU KNEW WHO IT WAS AND WERE GIVING HINTS AS TO WHO IT WAS. REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE WRONG ABOUT THAT RECRUIT AND HE TOLD YOU THAT IT IN FACT WAS A DIFFERENT GOALIE. GUESS WHERE HE GOT THAT INFORMATION FROM? YES ME. So yes, I do have the inside information. I just choose to use it in a respectful manner.

But the difference between us is that I choose to keep private information private and respect my sources and respect the potential problems that this information could cause if I kept repeating it on message boards. It hasn't had any harmful ramifications yet on a recruit, but you never know when that one time it might. Maybe you should take a minute and think about how the ultimate sources would want you to act and how they would want you to handle the information that you know.