SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

@ChrisDilks: UND alum James Patrick's nephew. RT @WEHPscout: Winnipeg Hawks 98 F -Nolan Patrick with a 7 pt game this weekend. Averaging nearly 4 ppg.

Is the only one on the team that scores or what..... :) and Yes shattuck as big sized kids for their ages. Greenway would be huge but I am sure many r after him would be my guess

Is the only one on the team that scores or what..... :) and Yes shattuck as big sized kids for their ages. Greenway would be huge but I am sure many r after him would be my guess

Nolan Patrick is the 5th leading scorer on the Winnipeg Hawks. Dylan Thiessen plays on the Monarchs is (25-15-40) in 17 games. Thiessen plays in the same league as Patrick.

Cam Maclise is tied for 2nd in scoring in the AJHL, he is 6'4" 195 (11-33-44) on the season. 2010-2011 he was (26-25-51), 2011-2012 he was (32-50-82). He has two teammates tied for 4th in scoring in the AJHL, Mark Reners (19-18-37) this season, 2011-2012 he was (41-36-77); Dakota Mason (14-23-37) this season, 2011-2012 he was (12-26-38). Two guys I've mentioned Shane Pilling (age 19) is 6th in scoring in the AJHL and Maddison Smiley (age 18) is tied for 9th in scoring in the AJHL. None of these guys are recruited yet Maclise, Reners, and Mason are 20 this year.

No one has said much about North Dakota kids lately that haven't committed. Two I'm hopeful that find their way to Grand Forks.

~Jordan Nelson of the Fargo Force (Williston) has 12 points in 22 games, and is second on the team in shots on goal, with a +/- of +4.

Mason Morelli of the Minot Tauros (Minot) has 9 points in 22 games, but is minus 7 in the plus minus area.

I believe this is Nelson's last year of Juniors while Morelli is only a Junior in high school. I'm thinking its more likely Morelli ends up in Grand Forks (with a Grandpa and dad with ties it helps), but I'm holding out hope that a kid like Nelson could be a four year role guy for UND that gives his heart and soul every shift.

No one has said much about North Dakota kids lately that haven't committed. Two I'm hopeful that find their way to Grand Forks.

~Jordan Nelson of the Fargo Force (Williston) has 12 points in 22 games, and is second on the team in shots on goal, with a +/- of +4.

Mason Morelli of the Minot Tauros (Minot) has 9 points in 22 games, but is minus 7 in the plus minus area.

I believe this is Nelson's last year of Juniors while Morelli is only a Junior in high school. I'm thinking its more likely Morelli ends up in Grand Forks (with a Grandpa and dad with ties it helps), but I'm holding out hope that a kid like Nelson could be a four year role guy for UND that gives his heart and soul every shift.

With those numbers mason must be a dman?

I have watched Jordan Nelson a few times this year and have not been impressed. He is a liability on defense and doesn't like to hustle unless the puck is on his stick. He does have some skill and a decent shot......but I don't think he would see the ice for UND. That's just my opinion of course.

Spencer Kuhlman is a defenseman from Grand Forks on Shattuck St. Mary's AA team (2-4-6) this season.

Ya think?