SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Bismarck Century has a player that was on ESPN plays of the day. Alec Rauhauser is the #196 prospect in the NHL and has not commited to a school yet. Wonder if this D Man would interest UND? Can anyone post the video of his goal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw_sK0bL5zg

I was working in Bismarck on Monday and Tuesday and went to the BHS/CHS game on Tuesday night. Good atmosphere, place was packed. Century actually uses this kid at Forward more than D but he is legit and you can't teach 6 foot 3 and 190 lbs. I was standing next to a Montreal Canadians scout for part of the game and saw a couple other guys with note pads as well. I am guessing he would be a good 5th or 6th round gamble and then see how he develops. I would guess he would play in juniors for a year or maybe 2 if they are projecting him as a Dman.

UND lost out on a defenceman that I thought was worth a look, Maddison Smiley of the Brooks Bandits. He is (16-19-35) in 33 games he was injured for about 2 months.

Brooks Bandits have two forwards that could be getting looks. Dakota Mason a 20 year old is (23-38-61) in 51 games third leading scorer on the Bandits. The other forward in Madison Dunn 17 year old is (12-6-18) in 31 games.

I'm still hoping Tanner MacMaster will commit to UND he's the leading scorer on Camrose Kodiaks (24-21-45) and his teammate Brett Njaa (18 years old) is second in scoring on the Kodiaks (19-23-42)

UND lost out on a defenceman that I thought was worth a look, Maddison Smiley of the Brooks Bandits. He is (16-19-35) in 33 games he was injured for about 2 months.

Brooks Bandits have two forwards that could be getting looks. Dakota Mason a 20 year old is (23-38-61) in 51 games third leading scorer on the Bandits. The other forward in Madison Dunn 17 year old is (12-6-18) in 31 games.

I'm still hoping Tanner MacMaster will commit to UND he's the leading scorer on Camrose Kodiaks (24-21-45) and his teammate Brett Njaa (18 years old) is second in scoring on the Kodiaks (19-23-42)

Where did Smiley go

When you say UND lost out on, does that mean they made an offer to him?

When you say UND lost out on, does that mean they made an offer to him?

I mean it like, there's a player that was worth thinking of making an offer to. Anthony Petruzzelli was another player on the Bandits I said the same thing about he committed to Vermont, right now he is third in team scoring (29-32-61).

I guess its wait to see what happens after the bye week.

Yah think? He would not even need to be any good just like his dad.

Oh I think he will have to be good in todays game. If not and he does join the team then he can get ready to be a healthy scratch every weekend. Just don't think Hak will waste any scholarship money on a kid that doesn't deserve it even if his grandpa is a living legend.

Oh I think he will have to be good in todays game. If not and he does join the team then he can get ready to be a healthy scratch every weekend. Just don't think Hak will waste any scholarship money on a kid that doesn't deserve it even if his grandpa is a living legend.

What if grandpa funds a couple of scholarships? Though I do hope he develops into a player that would be an addition to the team. Would be fun to see a grandson of a legend play.

What if grandpa funds a couple of scholarships? Though I do hope he develops into a player that would be an addition to the team. Would be fun to see a grandson of a legend play.

He may develop into a legit player yet. I've seen him play recently. Has a ways to go but there is potential there. He is just a junior in high school yet.

Didn't know where to stick this but rather bizarre

Farmington goalie scores on own net, takes off gloves then flips off his own bench on his way out. Doesn't sound good for this kid.

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/high-school-hockey/2013/2/12/3983340/high-school-goalie-scores-on-own-net-flips-off-bench-and-leaves

Didn't know where to stick this but rather bizarre

Farmington goalie scores on own net, takes off gloves then flips off his own bench on his way out. Doesn't sound good for this kid.

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/high-school-hockey/2013/2/12/3983340/high-school-goalie-scores-on-own-net-flips-off-bench-and-leaves

Shoulda worked harder than the soph goalie. I hate when people think just because they've been somewhere that they deserve things like playing time on a highschool team for a senior. If the soph was better than the senior didn't work hard enough to be better end of story.

Of course the article didn't give a concrete reason, and speculated that it was a playing time issue; but if true the kid should've taken a lesson from Eids. Fist thing that popped into my mind when reading this story was how Eidsness handled his situation when Dell came in. We were lucky to have a character guy like that on our team.

Of course the article didn't give a concrete reason, and speculated that it was a playing time issue; but if true the kid should've taken a lesson from Eids. Fist thing that popped into my mind when reading this story was how Eidsness handled his situation when Dell came in. We were lucky to have a character guy like that on our team.

You are 100% correct in your assessment of Eid's character - we were lucky to have him.

It sounds like the competition between the 2 goalies on the team got heated between the kids and their families, which caused a division on the team.

Few of his teammates will have some explaining to do as well.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/256454/

“They played this sophomore goalie for the starter, he was terrible, I would try and talk to the coaches about this and tell them I want playing time but they never really listen to me or gave me a chance to show them that I'm a better goalie but still wouldn't trust me so I had it it with I asked a few of my players if they care if I did it and they didn't care they thought it would be funny so at the third period they dumped it in I stopped it put in my net started to skate off then flicked the coaches not the team the coaches then I saluted them then got off.”

He added: “My hockey season is over. I did it for myself. (Like my status) if you think the coaches should quit:)”