SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I don't often follow recruits, but does anybody know anything about Jack Forbort? So far this season for Duluth East he's got 13G and 14A in 15 games. He's a senior this year. Anybody know anything?

I watched him play last night against White Bear Lake. He looked to have good awareness and speed. I would assume if he is going the college route he would be looking at UMD, perhaps UND and others I am sure.

• 3 weeks later...

wow that's impressive they also have Keaton Thompson younger brother who is playing as 8th grader

Yup. He was very impressive for an 8th grader. Lightning quick and great hands. As matures I'm sure he'll be a force and move on to juniors. The first time he got the puck I had to look at the roster because he stood out so much as he blew past three guys for a scoring chance.

Yup. He was very impressive for an 8th grader. Lightning quick and great hands. As matures I'm sure he'll be a force and move on to juniors. The first time he got the puck I had to look at the roster because he stood out so much as he blew past three guys for a scoring chance.

That's what I hear but haven't seen him play He's there leading scorer and that goalie has like 700 saves and 11 games 40 plus

Any rumors on goalies for next season since we will need one? Looking at the USHL it doesn't look like there are a whole lot of uncommitted goalies that stand out. The top 3 look to be Arthur Brey of Dubuque with a 2.11 GAA and 90.7 save %, Connor Girard of Dubuque with a 2.11 GAA and 91.0 save % and Kevin Lindskoug of Muskegon with a 2.42 GAA and 92.7 save %. The only one I have seen play is Girard but that was when he was in high school at Edina and he didn't really impress me there.

Any rumors on goalies for next season since we will need one? Looking at the USHL it doesn't look like there are a whole lot of uncommitted goalies that stand out. The top 3 look to be Arthur Brey of Dubuque with a 2.11 GAA and 90.7 save %, Connor Girard of Dubuque with a 2.11 GAA and 91.0 save % and Kevin Lindskoug of Muskegon with a 2.42 GAA and 92.7 save %. The only one I have seen play is Girard but that was when he was in high school at Edina and he didn't really impress me there.

Very good question I would assume we be looking for one

Anyone else have a program that's folding?,.......;)

What about the great white north.....according to the mouth breathers we probably have a 30yr old hoser primed to import.

I see Arthur Brey going to a school where he comes in as the starter, the only team I see that needs a goalie really bad is Colorado College. I don't see Arthur Brey coming here, but it wouldn't hurt to try and get him to come to UND. If UND does get Brey he could come in after Clarke leaves. I've mentioned Michael Fredrick on here in 38 games he's 36-1-1 6 shutouts 1.83 GAA .920 SV % on a team that 45-2-2 OTL.

I see Arthur Brey going to a school where he comes in as the starter, the only team I see that needs a goalie really bad is Colorado College. I don't see Arthur Brey coming here, but it wouldn't hurt to try and get him to come to UND. If UND does get Brey he could come in after Clarke leaves. I've mentioned Michael Fredrick on here in 38 games he's 36-1-1 6 shutouts 1.83 GAA .920 SV % on a team that 45-2-2 OTL.

Who does Fredrick play for? Numbers look good we will need someone for next season.

Shattuck plays at Benilde on Wednesday. I was going to check that out. Now, I know about who to watch for BSM, but who would be a couple guys on SSM without looking too far back in this theead? I've never seen them play before.

can you pass along how chase phelps looks? (#14).. ryan norman (#11) is uncommitted as well.. although portland has his rights

Shattuck plays at Benilde on Wednesday. I was going to check that out. Now, I know about who to watch for BSM, but who would be a couple guys on SSM without looking too far back in this theead? I've never seen them play before.

I'm guessing you're going to see the Prep team from Shattuck, the AA team from Shattuck plays Benilde on the same day at 5:00 pm same arena.

If you get to see the AA team:

9 William Broduer (17-20-37)

Jordan Greenway (20-32-52) while playing on the U16 team. I think they moved him up to the AA team. He should stand out since he's 6'5" and a forward.

3 Spencer Kuhlman is from Grand Forks (5-9-14)

18 Edward Lindelow (9-28-37) he's a 9th grader from Sweeden.

24 Nicholas Bond (19-25-44)

11 Vincent de May (16-21-37)

Prep Team:

1 Luke Kania (21-1-1) 1.92 GAA .922 SV% 1 shutout

30 Anthony Brodeur (16-3-2) 2.39 GAA .925 SV% 4 shutouts

14 Chase Phelps (20-28-48)

9 Nick Petrella (10-23-33)

12 Anthony Petrella (21-22-43)

10 Tyler Vesel (23-39-62)

17 Max Becker (13-37-50)

11 Ryan Norman (21-33-54)

16 Alax Falconer (3-10-13)

21 Brett Boeing (21-14-35)

22 Willie Raskob (8-33-41)

23 Alex Rodriguez (22-15-37)

I'm guessing you're going to see the Prep team from Shattuck, the AA team from Shattuck plays Benilde on the same day at 5:00 pm same arena.

If you get to see the AA team:

9 William Broduer (17-20-37)

Jordan Greenway (20-32-52) while playing on the U16 team. I think they moved him up to the AA team. He should stand out since he's 6'5" and a forward.

3 Spencer Kuhlman is from Grand Forks (5-9-14)

18 Edward Lindelow (9-28-37) he's a 9th grader from Sweeden.

24 Nicholas Bond (19-25-44)

11 Vincent de May (16-21-37)

Prep Team:

1 Luke Kania (21-1-1) 1.92 GAA .922 SV% 1 shutout

30 Anthony Brodeur (16-3-2) 2.39 GAA .925 SV% 4 shutouts

14 Chase Phelps (20-28-48)

9 Nick Petrella (10-23-33)

12 Anthony Petrella (21-22-43)

10 Tyler Vesel (23-39-62)

17 Max Becker (13-37-50)

11 Ryan Norman (21-33-54)

16 Alax Falconer (3-10-13)

21 Brett Boeing (21-14-35)

22 Willie Raskob (8-33-41)

23 Alex Rodriguez (22-15-37)

I'm assuming they'll play Benilde's JV at 5 then. I'll probably catch half of that game due to my work schedule. Looking forward to this game.

what's the story on this kid? right in the backyard. Can't believe he dreamed his whole life of playing in St.Cloud.

It could be that St. Cloud's offer was better (or UND didn't offer at all). Or maybe he simply wanted to play away from home (a la Gage Ausmus).

Sure it's tough to see a local kid get away, but UND has landed its fair share - Thompson, Johnson, LaDue, and Poolman most recently. And don't forget UND snagged Austin Poganski from St. Cloud's backyard.