SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Namely because the Gophers over recruited forwards for 2013 so the need for them in 2014 isn't as high. That's why some are questioning the space issue. They have no senior forwards, but will probably lose a couple early, and they are still bringing in at least 5 forwards next year.

If it was that cut and dry, I doubt they would even spend any time recruiting Hurley. It sounds like it is a moot point for us anyway since he has never mentioned us and it sounds like the Gophers and the Irish are the favorites.

The numbers you cite won't matter for Gersich as he is a 2015 recruit.

Just because Gersich's family went to MInnesota doesn't mean he wants to go there. I'll be optimistic and say he comes to UND. I also believe UND has a chance to recruit any of the top players in Minnesota, not just the Gophers.

How many times have we beat out the Gophers for a player from the Twin Cities that had strong family ties to their school?

If it was that cut and dry, I doubt they would even spend any time recruiting Hurley. It sounds like it is a moot point for us anyway since he has never mentioned us and it sounds like the Gophers and the Irish are the favorites.

The numbers you cite won't matter for Gersich as he is a 2015 recruit.

I'm actually done having this conversation b/c all you do is argue with everything I say.

Just because Gersich's family went to MInnesota doesn't mean he wants to go there. I'll be optimistic and say he comes to UND. I also believe UND has a chance to recruit any of the top players in Minnesota, not just the Gophers.

Every program has a chance. To say that the Gophers don't have an advantage over UND in the Twin Cities is disingenuous. You grabbed Parise out of our backyard, and we grabbed Potulny out of yours. Difference is, neither grew up a big Gopher or Sioux fans respectively. As for Gersich, no one is saying it's a lock. But his dad played for the Gophers, and three of his uncles played for the Gophers. He grew up a Gopher hockey fan. Who would you say has the recruiting advantage?

Namely because the Gophers over recruited forwards for 2013 so the need for them in 2014 isn't as high. That's why some are questioning the space issue. They have no senior forwards, but will probably lose a couple early, and they are still bringing in at least 5 forwards next year.

I am guessing they lose Bjugstad and at least two other forwards after this season. I'm guessing Budish and a surprise departure. And after next season, they are graduating three forwards and may lose more than that. I think there is plenty of room, especially considering Lettieri and Nanne likely aren't getting much scholly. They are only limited by the number of scholarships. Hurley 2015 and Gersich 2016.

Every program has a chance. To say that the Gophers don't have an advantage over UND in the Twin Cities is disingenuous. You grabbed Parise out of our backyard, and we grabbed Potulny out of yours. Difference is, neither grew up a big Gopher or Sioux fans respectively. As for Gersich, no one is saying it's a lock. But his dad played for the Gophers, and three of his uncles played for the Gophers. He grew up a Gopher hockey fan. Who would you say has the recruiting advantage?

Doesn't Gersich have ties to UND also or I am thinking of another player.

Potulnys weren't Sioux fans when they were younger? Reading some of u guys posts is hilarious. All GF boys are Sioux fans when they are younger.

Potulnys weren't Sioux fans when they were younger? Reading some of u guys posts is hilarious. All GF boys are Sioux fans they are younger.

I know Grant and have went to Sioux games with him when he was in high school. He and his family were Sioux fans. From my understanding UND wasn't interested in him but Minnesota was otherwise he would have played for UND.

I know Grant and have went to Sioux games with him when he was in high school. He and his family were Sioux fans. From my understanding UND wasn't interested in him but Minnesota was otherwise he would have played for UND.

From what I heard, this was common knowledge back in the day, that Grant's dad told Blais he would take them both Grant and Ryan or none at all. I have heard this more than once. Must be true right? :)

From what I heard, this was common knowledge back in the day, that Grant's dad told Blais he would take them both Grant and Ryan or none at all. I have heard this more than once. Must be true right? :)

And Blais told him not to let the door hit his butt on the way out. Yeah, I have heard this too. I don't think it's really verifiable either way.

Not recruiting him was the biggest mistake Blais ever made. He would have had locks on Ryan and Irmen. Gophers don't win those titles and we might win one or two.

Rumors....but that was common knowledge...but not spoken about too much.

Riley Simpson in 18 games is (11-19-30) and is tied with Madison Dunn (10-20-30) in 17 games in the Alberta AAA Midget Hockey League. Madison Dunn was just added to the Brooks Bandits of the AJHL. Riley Simpson is a reserve player of the Brooks Bandits, in 2010 (16-18-34) in 58 games, in 2011 (35-41-76) in 59 games.

Riley Simpson in 18 games is (11-19-30) and is tied with Madison Dunn (10-20-30) in 17 games in the Alberta AAA Midget Hockey League. Madison Dunn was just added to the Brooks Bandits of the AJHL. Riley Simpson is a reserve player of the Brooks Bandits, in 2010 (16-18-34) in 58 games, in 2011 (35-41-76) in 59 games.

That's pretty impressive being a reserve player