SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Poolman is not coming next year. Hes 2014. LaDue, Crisfield and likely Thompson I'd guess. My point was we have 3 eligible to come in and I don't see, as of now, more than Forbort, any other early departures from the blueline. Of course, that could change. We still have Simpson, Mattson, Schmaltz and Panz. Bring in the three mentioned and we are good. JMO.

I agree numbers wise we are good but I was thinking that with the loss of MacWilliam we lose most of our toughness on the blueline. Next year looks like a blue line full of offensive puck movers which may not be a bad thing just not a prototypical Sioux team.

The two best D men in the AJHL are on the Brooks Bandits Shane Pilling (6-28-34) and Maddison Smiley (14-13-27) last year he was (0-8-8). Brooks Bandits goalie is 22-1 in 23 games this season 4 shutouts 2.00 GAA .906 SV%. Last season he was 11-1 in 12 games 1 shutout 2.24GAA .898 SV%. Kyle Hayton is a former Shattuck-St. Mary's goalie, in 4 years at Shattuck-St. Mary's 119 games played 102-12-5 1.72 GAA .925 SV %. he's not doing well at Sioux City in 4 game 3 loses and one OTL 3.49 GAA .870 SV%. Anthony Brodeur Shattuck-St. Mary's Goalie, last year 24-3-1 4 shutouts 2.31 GAA .900 SV% Anthony Brodeur is wanting to go the college route not QMJHL. http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=637106 Ryan MacInnis is one I hope commits to UND he's 3-3-6 in 18 games. Nolan Stevens is a name that jumped out to me, he has no points on the U.S. under-17 team.

how sweet would that be to get Martin Brodeurs kid to commit? I can't see how they couldn't be looking at him. Through in Macinnis and Nolan Stevens be like having a NHLers kids team.... :) Come on UND get this Broduer kid

Poolman is not coming next year. Hes 2014. LaDue, Crisfield and likely Thompson I'd guess. My point was we have 3 eligible to come in and I don't see, as of now, more than Forbort, any other early departures from the blueline. Of course, that could change. We still have Simpson, Mattson, Schmaltz and Panz. Bring in the three mentioned and we are good. JMO.

What about Charlie Pelnik?

how sweet would that be to get Martin Brodeurs kid to commit? I can't see how they couldn't be looking at him. Through in Macinnis and Nolan Stevens be like having a NHLers kids team.... :) Come on UND get this Broduer kid

He has two brother that play on the AAA team at Shattuck-St. Mary's. I think he might come here if Marty has talked to Zajac or Parise about colleges his son's should goto.

He has two brother that play on the AAA team at Shattuck-St. Mary's. I think he might come here if Marty has talked to Zajac or Parise about colleges his son's should goto.

Awesome point I never thought of it. I am sure they have talked and he knows. who doesn't know about UND? Jeremy has some good stats going behind the net as 10th grader and William is a forward seem to hold his own. Many good players on the SSM teams. That one russian is tearing it up

Awesome point I never thought of it. I am sure they have talked and he knows. who doesn't know about UND? Jeremy has some good stats going behind the net as 10th grader and William is a forward seem to hold his own. Many good players on the SSM teams. That one russian is tearing it up

I'm sure the coaches are looking at Shattuck. That was why I thought his son's went went to Shattuck. I think UND is i good position to get top players from there since Minnesota from what I've seen has no room for players in the next two years. I think the AJHL is the hot bed this year, UND lost out on Brooks Bandits forward Anthony Petruzzelli last year (23-24-47) this year (16-14-30) he commited to Vermont.

I'm sure the coaches are looking at Shattuck. That was why I thought his son's went went to Shattuck. I think UND is i good position to get top players from there since Minnesota from what I've seen has no room for players in the next two years. I think the AJHL is the hot bed this year, UND lost out on Brooks Bandits forward Anthony Petruzzelli last year (23-24-47) this year (16-14-30) he commited to Vermont.

Dang he has some good numbers. How did Vermont get him? That would be pretty if that's why Martin send his kids to Shattuck? Conner Hurley would be sweet 2 but i would say no chance on getting him

Although hopefully not a trend we have had bad luck lately with kids of NHLers committing and then De-committing ie. Lemiuex and Matteau

Wow how is that goalie not committed from the Bandits. 22-1 and there is only 2 committed off the top 20 in points. Petruzzelli and the 20th ranked kid. I like the sounds of the European idea

Dang he has some good numbers. How did Vermont get him? That would be pretty if that's why Martin send his kids to Shattuck? Conner Hurley would be sweet 2 but i would say no chance on getting him

I think Shane Gersich will come to UND. Brooks Bandits have a team that putting up good numbers, the team is 25-1 on the year. I'll say Conner Hurley is a 50/50 shot at the moment. Comrose Kodiaks rookie Brett Njaa started out strong he's (8-11-19) AJHL leading scorer, Whitecourt Wolverines forward Mathieu Guertin (23-21-44) his teammate Jerome Raymond is second in the AJHL scoring (21-18-39)

I think Shane Gersich will come to UND. Brooks Bandits have a team that putting up good numbers, the team is 25-1 on the year. I'll say Conner Hurley is a 50/50 shot at the moment. Comrose Kodiaks rookie Brett Njaa started out strong he's (8-11-19) AJHL leading scorer, Whitecourt Wolverines forward Mathieu Guertin (23-21-44) his teammate Jerome Raymond is second in the AJHL scoring (21-18-39)

Man you got all the info. I like looking up possible recruits or just up and coming players.. U truly think Gersich will come to UND Why? Family ties or something. 50/50 on Hurley is opposite from what I heard from others. Landing both of them would be amazing. U think that European flavor will happen

Man you got all the info. I like looking up possible recruits or just up and coming players.. U truly think Gersich will come to UND Why? Family ties or something. 50/50 on Hurley is opposite from what I heard from others. Landing both of them would be amazing. U think that European flavor will happen

Minnesota is the biggest competition for Gersich and Hurley, but i don't see where the gophers have room to bring them in (only one senior on the team this year), and with how many players are committed. I also think the team should have 3 goalies that are able to be starters, like DU this year. I'd like to see more europeans come to UND. I look at it, if the coaches can get players to come from junior "A" teams in europe. It can create a pipeline of talent to UND, if BU and Maine can do it why not UND.

who's Lizotte and who does he play 4

A defenseman for Grand Forks Red River, very physical and solid all around but footwork might be a little questionable. I like what I've seen from him and I'm sure he will play more hockey and he has potential but probably needs to improve his skating ability more and I would guess will have to play some junior hockey first.

I know UND has a handful of north Dakotans coming in but ate there any skaters up north to keep a eye on? Warroad, Roseau, trf , Moorhead? Just curious if so

I know there were a number of high school seniors last season that have moved on and are playing junior hockey this year as well as some younger players who have moved on to pro hockey that could be talked about but I will just add some guys still in high school. I'm not sure how much interest these guys are getting but here's a list of some of the better area high school players to keep an eye on. Seniors- Chris Forney TRF, Nick Uglem, Tony Uglem, Thomas Carey Moorhead, Matt Serratore Bemidji, Tommy Hajicek EGF, Alex Ziegler, Tanner Okeson Roseau. Juniors- Eddie Eades, Colton Poolman EGF, Kyle Sylvester Warroad, Alex Strand, Zach Yon, Alex Halstengard Roseau, Aaron Herdt Moorhead. Sophomores Dixon Bowen, Tye Ausmus EGF, Goalie Gabe Heifort Bemidji. Other uncommitted top MN high school recruits to watch are Seniors- Zach Lavalle Hill Murray, TJ Moore Benilde, TJ Roo Totino-Grace, Thomas Lindstrom Breck, Max Coatta and Tommy Vannelli Minnetonka. Juniors- Austin Poganski St. Cloud Cathedral, Spencer Naas Blake (last season but can't remember if he transfered this season), Connor Hurley Edina, Tyler Sheehy Burnsville, Avery Peterson Grand Rapids. Sophomores- Shane Gerisch, John Peterson, and Will Garin (Freshman) Holy Family, Jake Wahlin White Bear Lake, Dylan Malmquist Edina, Tom Novak St. Thomas Academy. Anyone who knows of any other players that I didn't put or might have missed on the list feel free to add them or add more about players from the list.

Via MN Hockey Hub article

Schools that have shown interest in Connor Hurley: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Minnesota-Duluth, Michigan State, Ohio State, Denver and Nebraska-Omaha.... no UND?

UND is one of the schools Shane Gersich has visted but most feel he will end up at Minnesota because he has a lot of family ties to UM. I believe his father played there and he is the nephew of Neal, Aaron and Paul Broten.

With that said, I certainly won't complain if one or both surprises and picks UND.

Schools that have shown interest in Connor Hurley: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Minnesota-Duluth, Michigan State, Ohio State, Denver and Nebraska-Omaha.... no UND?

UND is one of the schools Shane Gersich has visted but most feel he will end up at Minnesota because he has a lot of family ties to UM. I believe his father played there and he is the nephew of Neal, Aaron and Paul Broten.

With that said, I certainly won't complain if one or both surprises and picks UND.

I got a feeling Shane Gersich will come to UND. Jake Guentzel is going to Nebraska-Omaha and not Minnesota where his dad played and is a coach. Ian McCoshen didn't have Boston College as his top three and he ended up going there.

UND won't recruit every top kid in Minnesota. (we didn't recruit Mario Lucia after all! ;)) Gotta find the right mix of kids. I haven't seen Hurley play (weird considering Edina is in my backyard) but maybe he's similar to a lot of players we already have? Or maybe they already know there's no interest on his end. Could be lots of reasons.

Also, the Hockey Hub recruiting page is "user-submitted", meaning people contact the site about schools they know are recruiting each player, so if no one mentioned UND, it's not going to put it on the site, even if we are recruiting him. There are so many kids out there that commit here that we have no clue we were showing interest in. Just something to think about.

I know there were a number of high school seniors last season that have moved on and are playing junior hockey this year as well as some younger players who have moved on to pro hockey that could be talked about but I will just add some guys still in high school. I'm not sure how much interest these guys are getting but here's a list of some of the better area high school players to keep an eye on. Seniors- Chris Forney TRF, Nick Uglem, Tony Uglem, Thomas Carey Moorhead, Matt Serratore Bemidji, Tommy Hajicek EGF, Alex Ziegler, Tanner Okeson Roseau. Juniors- Eddie Eades, Colton Poolman EGF, Kyle Sylvester Warroad, Alex Strand, Zach Yon, Alex Halstengard Roseau, Aaron Herdt Moorhead. Sophomores Dixon Bowen, Tye Ausmus EGF, Goalie Gabe Heifort Bemidji. Other uncommitted top MN high school recruits to watch are Seniors- Zach Lavalle Hill Murray, TJ Moore Benilde, TJ Roo Totino-Grace, Thomas Lindstrom Breck, Max Coatta and Tommy Vannelli Minnetonka. Juniors- Austin Poganski St. Cloud Cathedral, Spencer Naas Blake (last season but can't remember if he transfered this season), Connor Hurley Edina, Tyler Sheehy Burnsville, Avery Peterson Grand Rapids. Sophomores- Shane Gerisch, John Peterson, and Will Garin (Freshman) Holy Family, Jake Wahlin White Bear Lake, Dylan Malmquist Edina, Tom Novak St. Thomas Academy. Anyone who knows of any other players that I didn't put or might have missed on the list feel free to add them or add more about players from the list.

He transferred to Benilde-St Margarets.

The rich get richer...