SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Dillon's brother?

It looks like there is two Riley Simpson's the one that was a reserve player for the Brooks Bandits plays at Ohio State but is not Dillon's brother. For some reason he is listed as a reserve player for the Bandits.

Dillon's brother is in the Alberta AAA Midget Hockey League playing for SSAC Boston Pizza Athletics. He is (11-19-30) in 18 games.

It looks like there is two Riley Simpson's the one that was a reserve player for the Brooks Bandits plays at Ohio State but is not Dillon's brother. For some reason he is listed as a reserve player for the Bandits.

Dillon's brother is in the Alberta AAA Midget Hockey League playing for SSAC Boston Pizza Athletics.

Im sure if he's good enough we must be interested in dillons brother?? Out of curiosity are there any other brothers of current players or kids of former Sioux that are out there that could play at this level? If anyone happens to know! Thanks

Im sure if he's good enough we must be interested in dillons brother?? Out of curiosity are there any other brothers of current players or kids of former Sioux that are out there that could play at this level? If anyone happens to know! Thanks

I think Bryn Chyzyk has a brother. Adam Panzarella follows guys on the team, might be Andrew's brother.

Potulnys weren't Sioux fans when they were younger? Reading some of u guys posts is hilarious. All GF boys are Sioux fans when they are younger.

There are plenty of young hockey players in Grand Forks that aren't huge Sioux fans. Some may just want to be contrarian, but for whatever reason, you see a gopher hat here or there on youth players.

There are plenty of young hockey players in Grand Forks that aren't huge Sioux fans. Some may just want to be contrarian, but forever what reason, you see a gopher hat here or there on youth players.

There are a few disillusioned fans in the Grand Forks, East Grand Forks area. :) One of my neighbors is a unapologetic goofs fans that is married to a very sensible UND hockey fan.

I know there were a number of high school seniors last season that have moved on and are playing junior hockey this year as well as some younger players who have moved on to pro hockey that could be talked about but I will just add some guys still in high school. I'm not sure how much interest these guys are getting but here's a list of some of the better area high school players to keep an eye on. Seniors- Chris Forney TRF, Nick Uglem, Tony Uglem, Thomas Carey Moorhead, Matt Serratore Bemidji, Tommy Hajicek EGF, Alex Ziegler, Tanner Okeson Roseau. Juniors- Eddie Eades, Colton Poolman EGF, Kyle Sylvester Warroad, Alex Strand, Zach Yon, Alex Halstengard Roseau, Aaron Herdt Moorhead. Sophomores Dixon Bowen, Tye Ausmus EGF, Goalie Gabe Heifort Bemidji. Other uncommitted top MN high school recruits to watch are Seniors- Zach Lavalle Hill Murray, TJ Moore Benilde, TJ Roo Totino-Grace, Thomas Lindstrom Breck, Max Coatta and Tommy Vannelli Minnetonka. Juniors- Austin Poganski St. Cloud Cathedral, Spencer Naas Blake (last season but can't remember if he transfered this season), Connor Hurley Edina, Tyler Sheehy Burnsville, Avery Peterson Grand Rapids. Sophomores- Shane Gerisch, John Peterson, and Will Garin (Freshman) Holy Family, Jake Wahlin White Bear Lake, Dylan Malmquist Edina, Tom Novak St. Thomas Academy. Anyone who knows of any other players that I didn't put or might have missed on the list feel free to add them or add more about players from the list.

Vannelli just committed to Minnesota yesterday.

Since there has been some talk in the North Dakota vs. DU topic about Kaip, McMahon, Prpich, and Zach Jones. Whitecourt Wolverines in the AJHL have three guys Mathieu Guertin (23-25-48) leads the AJHL, Jerome Raymond (24-20-44) second in the AJHL, and Mathieu Gagnon (3-15-18) that will drop the gloves if need be. Guertin is 5'11" 184 can hold his own in a fight. Gagnon is 6'2" 216 in a video on youtube if one of his teammates gets ran into the boards illegally, he'll fight the opposing player. Raymond is 6'0" 190 and plays physical. One problem in recruiting them is they all played in the QMJHL before comming to the AJHL.

Since there has been some talk in the North Dakota vs. DU topic about Kaip, McMahon, Prpich, and Zach Jones. Whitecourt Wolverines in the AJHL have three guys Mathieu Guertin (23-25-48) leads the AJHL, Jerome Raymond (24-20-44) second in the AJHL, and Mathieu Gagnon (3-15-18) that will drop the gloves if need be. Guertin is 5'11" 184 can hold his own in a fight. Gagnon is 6'2" 216 in a video on youtube if one of his teammates gets ran into the boards illegally, he'll fight the opposing player. Raymond is 6'0" 190 and plays physical. One problem in recruiting them is they all played in the QMJHL before comming to the AJHL.

That's not a recruiting problem. That's a recruiting CAN'T. Haha

There are plenty of young hockey players in Grand Forks that aren't huge Sioux fans. Some may just want to be contrarian, but for whatever reason, you see a gopher hat here or there on youth players.

Yeah...until they figure things out. I liked the Gophs simply because my parents were Sioux fans and simply wanted to be different. Once I turned 13-14 or something I got my head on straight. I knew and played with Ryan for quite along time....he was at many Sioux games when he was younger. Irmen was a big Sioux fan and was actually hoping to play for UND right up until the end.

There's a little Jones (brother of Matt and Zach) and a little LaPoint. I'm not sure how old they are or how seriously they are into hockey, but knowing both the two older Jones brothers and the two older LaPoint brothers, chances are they are playing and may turn into something in the future.

There's a little Jones (brother of Matt and Zach) and a little LaPoint. I'm not sure how old they are or how seriously they are into hockey, but knowing both the two older Jones brothers and the two older LaPoint brothers, chances are they are playing and may turn into something in the future.

Hopefully those guys are more of a Panzer type younger brother than a Toews type younger brother....

Jordan Greenway is (13-28-41) on the U16 team at Shattuck-St.Mary's. It looks like he has a brother that play's on the Bantam team at Shattuck, JD Greenway (5-12-17). Clayton Keller on the Bantam team at Shattuck also is (20-28-48). Georgy Gorodetsky on Shattuck's AAA team (21-29-50)

Jordan Greenway is (13-28-41) on the U16 team at Shattuck-St.Mary's. It looks like he has a brother that play's on the Bantam team at Shattuck, JD Greenway (5-12-17). Clayton Keller on the Bantam team at Shattuck also is (20-28-48). Georgy Gorodetsky on Shattuck's AAA team (21-29-50)

For sure has some great size to him. Know anything else about him or the others u listed Let's get that Russian...

For sure has some great size to him. Know anything else about him or the others u listed Let's get that Russian...

Georgy Gorodetsky last year on the AA team (42-31-72). Kevin Dineen last year on the AA team (39-51-90) this year on the U16 team (19-19-38). Tyler Vesel was talked about in overtheboards.net http://overtheboards.net/?p=463. on the 2011-2012 Prep team (29-45-74) this year he's (16-22-38) on the Prep team. Three others to look at Alex Falconer 2011-2012 AA team (30-31-61) 2012-2013 Prep team (3-7-10), Max Becker 2011-2012 Prep team (34-36-70) 2012-2013 Prep team (10-22-32), Alex Rodriguez 2012-2013 AAA team (34-37-74) 2012-2013 Prep team (11-10-21).