SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Might as well enjoy it now because they won't stay down for much longer. :silly::D

That's the way I'm feeling. It's been a nice run but I hardly believe it's going to last. They are bringing in a slew of good players and while we all know that doesn't guarantee anything sooner or later it will begin to pay off as some of the "issues' depart.

Riley Simpson (who I believe is the younger brother of Dillon) was picked by Fargo in the USHL draft today.

The draft listed Riley's birthday as 11/30/93 and Dillon's is 2/10/93.

Anyone have any insight on this? This is possible, but they are barely more than 9 months apart...

Riley Simpson (who I believe is the younger brother of Dillon) was picked by Fargo in the USHL draft today.

Anyone have any insight on this? This is possible, but they are barely more than 9 months apart...

From what I can find online, they are indeed brothers. The dad listed in both cases is Craig Simpson and that is entirely possible. I have siblings that are about that far apart.

From what I can find online, they are indeed brothers. The dad listed in both cases is Craig Simpson and that is entirely possible. I have siblings that are about that far apart.

They are brothers but I didnt realize they were so close apart. Guess the simpsons don't waste any time :silly: I golfed with a family friend of theirs in az before I moved back to minny and he said the the younger bro is a solid player as well.craig their dad played at mich state.

disgusting... :silly:

If they are brothers, having two non-twin siblings born within the same year used to be called (before the term was banned by the NCAA as being hostile and abusive?), as having Irish Twins.

Any word on any of the uncommitted MN talent left? Specifically I am wondering if UND is interested in Brett Hebel or Adam Knochenmus. I can't remember what year either one of them is, but I hadn't heard if they made a commitment or not. Any other high end 2011 or 2010 in MN that UND is interested in??

Any word on any of the uncommitted MN talent left? Specifically I am wondering if UND is interested in Brett Hebel or Adam Knochenmus. I can't remember what year either one of them is, but I hadn't heard if they made a commitment or not. Any other high end 2011 or 2010 in MN that UND is interested in??

I believe Knochenmus's USHL rights are still owned by Sioux Falls. Hebel was just drafted by Waterloo. We may see both them play a year of juniors before either of them commits to a college.

Yes they have shown interest in Adam Knochenmus. Also, they have recruited AJ Michaeson out of Apple Valley and have shown interest in Gavin Tufte out of Blaine.

The gophers as a team suck and they can load up all the elite talent they want but that still may not fix their problems. I don't understand how they can suck and still get good recruits. Well as they say we will see how it all unfolds.

Gofers will be awesome next year...as long as the puck doesn't go into the corners... :silly:

Gofers will be awesome next year...as long as the puck doesn't go into the corners... :silly:

Shouldn't be an issue this year, I hear Mariucci is adding padding throughout the rink for this coming season. If successful, it will be a mainstay for years to come and will potentially change the way hockey is played at every level.