SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I agree. There are several questions lurking within that list.

I agree. There is one that lurks with me that I dare not ask...

As for Marto, I don't think we can determine whether or not he is DI quality until after he's played in DI for a while. I am concerned about his weight, but not his playing ability. If his playing ability were in question, I doubt Hakstol and Berry would have given him a slot in our recruiting class.

I don't think Marto will have a very big impact playing for the Sioux. Great high school player but i don't thing he has what it takes to play DI hockey.

Marto is a question mark, however he was recruited early by both the Sioux and UMTC. Thus there is a great amount of potential talent there. I also think that Genoway will be a backup forward and not a D-man, except for perhaps on the PP.

A USCHO poster says that USHR is reporting "Trupp to UND."

The news is a few steps removed, but hopefully we'll get confirmation soon. Makes you wonder about the status of Darcy Zajac.

Oh, no, Trupp is from Anchorage. With the UAA series coming soon, Suze is not going to be a happy camper :silly:

Trupp, Spirko, and Duncan. Can't get enough of the skilled smaller players that may stick around for four years. May be moving back to the days of the "speed kills" motto. More likely just a nice mix of small players with a motor that won't quit and some bangers. Whatever, I like the looks of it.

This is great news. Everyday I check hoping to see that we signed a player or two and we finally did. I'm assuming Zajac next year and Trupp for 07. Sounds like we won two nice recruits over the likes of Michigan and Wisconsin. Hopefully this will be the start of a great 07 class.

No doubt that given all the father/son/brothers/relatives connections the Sioux have had in the program, it's obvious the first step in Sioux recruiting is reproduction. :silly: Also a tribute to the very strong ties past players have with the program.

Geez, I'm dumb. Guess it means Darcy's coming too, as Heisenberg has both Trupp and Zajac commited to UND. Great news.

This is from an email from my sister who lives in British Columbia:

"Looks like you'll have another Zajac...Darcy Zajac commmited to UND last nite. Saw both him and Genoway play last nite at the Salmon Arm/Vernon game....both are awesome! AK Alaska got Olthius(Goalie) and Felde from Vernon also...a sweet catch for AK, believe me!"

There was some great hockey this week at the Schwan Cup. Jay Barriball of Holy Angels was easily the top player. Barriball's linemate, Taylor Matson is an outstanding junior center. He has good size, good hands, and excellent speed. He is certainly one of the top 11th grade forwards in Minnesota.

Moorhead did very well with their inexperienced team losing to AHA 3-2 in the Gold Division title game. Jordy Christian had a nice tournament including scoring late game winning goals against both Roseville and White Bear Lake. Carl Sneep's Brainerd team made some waves in the Silver Division by beating Elk River and Apple Valley before losing to Hill Murray in the final.

Fargo South routed Rochester Century and Hastings in the Rochester tourny (two quality wins over good programs). Erik Galt had a hat trick in the second game. Galt is smaller, skilled offensive defenseman probably somewhat in the mold of Jake Marto.

Return of the "smurfs", Genoway,Trupp,Duncan and Spirko. Can't argue with success,Blais seemed to do just fine with them :lol:

What is the word on Trupp, what kind of a player is he?

Evan Trupp-LW Penticton (BCHL) 5'8 155 10-22-87 (2007) 1-0-0-0-0 2004 USA U-18 team; 2003 USA U-17 team

Darcy Zajac-RW (12/28/05) Salmon Arm (BCHL) 6' 183 9-23-86 60-12-21-33-75

%Chay Genoway-D/C (11/8/05) Vernon (BCHL) 5'8 165 12-20-86 2003 Manitoba U-17 team

%Michael Forney-RW (11/2/05) Thief River Falls 6'2 175 5-14-88 2005 USA U-18 Team

%Jake Marto-D (4/26/05) Omaha (USHL) 6' 160 8-11-86

#Chris Vandevelde-LW (6/8/04) Lincoln (USHL) 6'2 180 3-15-87 2005 NHL Draft #97

Only a couple I would label as smurfs the rest are pretty good size.

Edited by Goon