SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I know some stuff, but since it will most likely be a while until he commits, he could end up changing his mind a thousand times before then. There's no need to start rumors.

I'll say this, he's talked to one of the UND assistant coaches already (completely within NCAA guidelines), while he hasn't had any direct communication with either SCSU or UMN yet. Obviously, he's been to the NHC already for the Select 15 camp, and (fortunately) that experience didn't entirely dissuade him. I'm positive he's seen a game or two at the Mariucci, so the cadavers that they call fans haven't dissuaded him either.

so without saying it directly your saying he likes und

Some of you may know that there's a world U17 tournament held every year (up until last year (when it was held in Rochester) it had been in Slovakia). Anyway, Carey Eades coached the White Team that included Budish, as well as Ben Hanowski and John O'Neill (Anoka). Sioux recruit Joe Gleason played on the Blue Team. Coaching international and select teams has long been a good way to open up recruiting avenues for underagers.

Some of you may know that there's a world U17 tournament held every year (up until last year (when it was held in Rochester) it had been in Slovakia). Anyway, Carey Eades coached the White Team that included Budish, as well as Ben Hanowski and John O'Neill (Anoka). Sioux recruit Joe Gleason played on the Blue Team. Coaching international and select teams has long been a good way to open up recruiting avenues for underagers.

I believe Kristo was on the team as well - and he verbally committed shortly after :silly:

Speaking of Eades, how long will he stay an Associate Head Coach at UND? We are lucky to have him part of the staff - I would think he would be at the top of any AD's list when the time comes to look for a head coach.

good point. i forgot about eades coaching them...seems like so long ago.

Anybody know of any D recruits we are looking at for the 08 season as it looks like we will be losing quite a few d-men next season (Chorney, Bina, Lee, Finley if they are even around this year that being Lee and Finley). I know we have Blood lined up for 08 and possibly 07 if need be and Gleason for 09 or 08 if need be but I am thinking we are going to need a few more.

How bout the other 2 we have coming in next year? Those 2 being LaPoint and Marto.

I know about those two but that will still leave us only with Lapoint, Genoway, Marto, Jones with experience coming back in 08 with Blood coming. Thats only five d-men and most teams like to carry 8. Gleason is slated to come in 09 but will probably have to move to 08 if we don't find a few others. Also, Marto will more than likely be a second year freshman in 08 unless we have early departures this summer that cause him to see significant playing time this year.

I dont agree on the Ammerman assessment, he doesnt have what his brother had.

...and unfortunately, his brother doesn't have much either. :(

I'm thinking Jon will pick it up after he's paired with his old linemate Barta next season.

If Ben somehow surpasses his brother in talent and skill, then I'm sure UND and SCSU will be two schools most interested in his services. Let's see how he does playing on the same blueline as Gleason. That should give some indication of his potential upside.

I am kind of disappointed i figured David Toews would have commited by this time. Is there any reason to be concerned with him taking so long?

patience my friend....patience...no rush..he still has a year left at shattuck...

patience my friend....patience...no rush..he still has a year left at shattuck...

I know this sounds arrogant, but I can't help but think that if David doesn't commit to the Sioux, it means he's committed to playing Major Junior. I really don't think he'll commit anywhere else. He'll probably visit other schools just to get a grasp on what's out there (I think every recruit should before they commit) but then make his decision sometime before this time next year.

Not every player is an Oshie or Chorney (According to Chorney's aunt, Taylor made one unofficial visit, one official visit, and then committed to UND. He did not look anywhere else).

Give David time.

I know this sounds arrogant, but I can't help but think that if David doesn't commit to the Sioux, it means he's committed to playing Major Junior. I really don't think he'll commit anywhere else. He'll probably visit other schools just to get a grasp on what's out there (I think every recruit should before they commit) but then make his decision sometime before this time next year.

Not every player is an Oshie or Chorney (According to Chorney's aunt, Taylor made one unofficial visit, one official visit, and then committed to UND. He did not look anywhere else).

Give David time.

yup, give him time...