SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Brads too chicken to ask the tough questions...he doesnt wanna get on there bad side

I would say as in any relationship, you want to tread lightly on touchy subjects, especially when you need to get pertinent information for your readership. I do think there is a way to approach it without coming across as accusatory, and to this point, we don't know what actually happened. Brad doesn't have the luxury of going off with brash perceptions like you do, because he has to walk that fine line and foster relationships to be able to still get his readers information they want about recruits, potential recruits and what have you, well before they get out in the general media.

Brads too chicken to ask the tough questions...he doesnt wanna get on there bad side

Good luck asking that question. I am sure you would have all the right words to coax the answer out of him. I would pay money to see you ask Hakstol that question. It's easy to sit here and take shots at the man, but you haven't been there in a post game scrum after they've lost a tough game. It's not all fun and games... Brad does a pretty good job asking question at pressers.

Doesnt really paint the UND in the best light.....kinda looks .....seems to be a straight up attempt at poaching a commit ted kid?

Or am I missing something

I agree it doesn't look great but if you want to bring in a player your going to look for an advanced player who's playing well. He's one of the top scorers in the BCHL. I would rather bring in a player like that than someone who isn't physically mature enough yet. I doubt though it was a situation where they just out of the blue called him up and said hey want to play here this spring. I also respect the kid because he didn't want to leave his team and because of that wish him well at quinnipiac.

This seems pretty simple. It states that he was offered a chance to play for UND over winter break. Landon only first committed to Quinnipiac early this month. Chambers ran with it because of the controversy he could stir about Landon possibly playing this coming weekend if he would have accepted our deal versus Qunnipiac's. But, to make the story more interesting, he leaves the part out where he wasn't committed anywhere until just a couple weeks ago.

I don't see anything fishy on UND's/Hakstol's part.

• Upvote 2

It's against NCAA regulations to comment on a potential recruit before they sign an LOI.

Brad is not subject to these rules, people connected to UND are. Brad does a great job, and if you disagree you suck... (in keeping with analytical trends lately)

Brad is not subject to these rules, people connected to UND are. Brad does a great job, and if you disagree you suck... (in keeping with analytical trends lately)

No, I know, but the coaching staff couldn't comment on the players in question if Brad or anyone had asked that question.

In response to someone on Twitter who was implying that UND was trying to poach Smith, Chambers said:

True, but one could also say that the Calgary Hitmen offered Tambellini the opportunity to play Major Junior and have more ice time.

its not my job to ask questions

my job is to drill oil to fuel your prius's

Your job is to jump in that pickup and run to the supply store for couple a tubes of grease and pick a couple of Big Mac super meals on your way back. And try to get the right shyt this time.

• Upvote 1

This seems pretty simple. It states that he was offered a chance to play for UND over winter break. Landon only first committed to Quinnipiac early this month. Chambers ran with it because of the controversy he could stir about Landon possibly playing this coming weekend if he would have accepted our deal versus Qunnipiac's. But, to make the story more interesting, he leaves the part out where he wasn't committed anywhere until just a couple weeks ago.

I don't see anything fishy on UND's/Hakstol's part.

I'm glad someone else caught this. I remember hearing about him committing to QU and thought it was pretty recent that it happened when the story by Chambers came up but didn't have a chance to look it up yet. So it looks like he committed to QU the day Tambellini left.

I'm glad someone else caught this. I remember hearing about him committing to QU and thought it was pretty recent that it happened when the story by Chambers came up but didn't have a chance to look it up yet. So it looks like he committed to QU the day Tambellini left.

That's not correct. Smith was committed to QU prior to Tambellini leaving UND. Smith gave his verbal right around New Year's Day, Tambellini left UND around Jan 7-8 I believe.

Does anyone know how much interest we have in Tyler Sheehy. 28 points in 25 games but a +15 rating in those games I think if he gets a full season of USHL under his belt next year he could be a great player.

Looks like we have some interest in him but haven't hear of him being on campus yet.

http://host.madison.com/sports/blog/badger-men-s-hockey-insights-into-three-recruiting-targets/article_c0f9ce86-7bb2-11e3-8d8a-001a4bcf887a.html

Does anyone know how much interest we have in Tyler Sheehy. 28 points in 25 games but a +15 rating in those games I think if he gets a full season of USHL under his belt next year he could be a great player.

Looks like we have some interest in him but haven't hear of him being on campus yet.

http://host.madison....1a4bcf887a.html

Not sure if he has visited yet but it sounded like there were a number of schools involved. It sounds like he is looking for somewhere that he can come in and play right away next year and if that is the case then I would doubt he ends up at UND.

Not sure if he has visited yet but it sounded like there were a number of schools involved. It sounds like he is looking for somewhere that he can come in and play right away next year and if that is the case then I would doubt he ends up at UND.

It only looks like Wisconsin can afford him next year not a lot of losses for the other teams. He is only in his first full season in the USHL too wish is why a team might be able to convince him for one more year though.

It only looks like Wisconsin can afford him next year not a lot of losses for the other teams. He is only in his first full season in the USHL too wish is why a team might be able to convince him for one more year though.

That's why most people that I've seen have guessed he ends up at Wisconsin. I'm sure most of the other programs are trying to get him to consider playing another year of USHL but from what I've heard he has no interest in that right now but hopefully that can change if he keeps hearing from almost all these programs that they would want him to play another year in the USHL. It would make a lot of sense for him to play another year in the USHL since I believe this really should be his Senior in high school hockey but he left early.