SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Youngstown. 10/26/24

SiouxFan100

On 10/23/2024 at 11:16 AM, gundy1124 said:

Let's go Fighting Tarzans!!  Bring that mentality on the road for once!!

Really a fabulous name for these Bubba-led blokes; consistently play very well in their own home environment but they’re completely out of place when out of their own element. Hopefully Tarzan will modernize and acclimate a bit … finally …

Until then, coaches get blame for losses and players get credit for wins. Been that way since the beginning of time per all the great coaches. 

With only 12 regular season games, each game has huge implications. Sitting at 5-2, winless on the road, a win would keep the train on the tracks. What I want is this program to take this past offseason personally. I want them to take every prediction they read / heard preseason personally. For once, prove everybody wrong. If we go through the 2024 season thread, I don't know if there was a person who would have had this team 6-2 after 8 games. 5-3, probably. That's how much this game means.

Just win, yes, but show something that breathes believe into the fanbase. Continue to dominate on the ground, let's see the defense that showed up against Iowa State, Montana (2nd half), 1st half against Idaho State and UNI. Prove everyone wrong. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, AJS said:

With only 12 regular season games, each game has huge implications. Sitting at 5-2, winless on the road, a win would keep the train on the tracks. What I want is this program to take this past offseason personally. I want them to take every prediction they read / heard preseason personally. For once, prove everybody wrong. If we go through the 2024 season thread, I don't know if there was a person who would have had this team 6-2 after 8 games. 5-3, probably. That's how much this game means.

Just win, yes, but show something that breathes believe into the fanbase. Continue to dominate on the ground, let's see the defense that showed up against Iowa State, Montana (2nd half), 1st half against Idaho State and UNI. Prove everyone wrong. 

100%

The fact that they give up a lot of yards on the ground gives me some comfort that we will be able to churn out long boring drives. Also, sounds like they don't have a big stud WR or something, so just need to focus on containing their QB on the ground. 

I think we'll be able to do enough to win, but will probably be much closer than it should be. 

8 hours ago, AJS said:

What I want is this program to take this past offseason personally. I want them to take every prediction they read / heard preseason personally. For once, prove everybody wrong. 

This x 1,000!!  Would love to see them show up with a chip on their shoulders and just freaking dominate!! May not be much energy in the stadium,  but they need to take it personally and be Amped up and lower the boom on these guys! 

• Upvote 3