SiouxSports.com Forum

Murray State @ UND 9/28/24

SiouxFan100

I get there are those that wish we would stick with one jersey combo and maybe deviate from it once or twice a year.  But I am liking the mystery factor in not knowing what the look will be that week and waiting with anticipation to see what the jersey combo will be!!  Fans love it and more importantly the players love it.  So keep doing it!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

An interesting conversation with an O/C who is currently with the Vandals, and this was a while back, but a similar situation having a game you should win heading into a big game.  I was guessing we wouldn't show much offensively and his response was "show NDSU too many formations and a few new plays you don't even plan on using against them, just to make them prepare for it".  So I guess there are 2 schools of thought on what we want to do/show offensively this week.  

Yeah could go either way. UND played like crap versus Drake in 2015 after beating Wyoming and then proceeded to still play like the crap the following week versus NDSU. I guess I’m in the camp that playing well and winning by a lot - regardless the opponent - is the most contagious, confidence-building formula there is. With all that said, beating the top dogs (NDSU, SDSU, etc.) anyway you can is fine - just win, baby. However, not sure limping to a victory versus non-scholarship teams (San Diego) or conference bottom-dwellers (Murray State) is a great confidence booster …

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Yeah could go either way. UND played like crap versus Drake in 2015 after beating Wyoming and then proceeded to still play like the crap the following week versus NDSU. I guess I’m in the camp that playing well and winning by a lot - regardless the opponent - is the most contagious, confidence-building formula there is. With all that said, beating the top dogs (NDSU, SDSU, etc.) anyway you can is fine - just win, baby. However, not sure limping to a victory versus non-scholarship teams (San Diego) or conference bottom-dwellers (Murray State) is a great confidence booster …

Think you totally missed the point of his post. His post wasn't saying it's ok if we play like crap this week and come away with a narrow win. 

He was pointing out that many might think we could keep the offense vanilla on Saturday and should still be able to still easily beat this team. But Different perspective which he was pointing out is, show all kinds of stuff you don't intend on using to make them prep for BS formations and plays. Had nothing to do with we should be ok with playing like crap this week and narrowly winning. We absolutely need to play well this week, 4 quarter game and go in with some confidence the following week. 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Think you totally missed the point of his post. His post wasn't saying it's ok if we play like crap this week and come away with a narrow win. 

He was pointing out that many might think we could keep the offense vanilla on Saturday and should still be able to still easily beat this team. But Different perspective which he was pointing out is, show all kinds of stuff you don't intend on using to make them prep for BS formations and plays. Had nothing to do with we should be ok with playing like crap this week and narrowly winning. We absolutely need to play well this week, 4 quarter game and go in with some confidence the following week. 

Oh I got it. And to my point, doesn’t matter if vanilla or not, do what you need to do to win big, because confidence is more important than smoke and mirrors X’s and O’s. 

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

I want to see backups playing early in the second half.

That would be nice. But probably about a 5% chance a backup QB gets in prior to the 4th quarter all year....Bubba doesn't put the back up in until way past when the game is out of reach either way. Very likely Jerry will not take a snap the entire year with more than 8 minutes left on the clock. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

We need Jerry time in this game! Prove all the haters wrong

I don't think I have seen a single Jerry hater out there. I think most are excited to see him get some play ... if anything they just wonder why he didn't run away with the starting job if he has the talent you tout.

That being said, I do hope he is as talented as he has been hyped, and he does need to get some reps and soon! What if Romfo is losing a game and we need a switch. What if Romfo gets hurt. Lets not let our season hinge on one player ... build experience and build depth.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GoodGood said:

A big day from Romfo could move him into the top 90 of the fcs in passing efficiency. Something I’m keeping my eye on this game 

For those scoring at home like golf the bigger the number isn't better.

• Upvote 1