SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA tilt: UND vs the Maize and Blue

Oxbow6

1 minute ago, KetoChronos said:

Sorry, parity is real. 6 of 8 games decided by 1 goal. 6 of 8 games that could have gone either way. 3 of 8 games ended in OT. 
The NCHC plays tough hockey, but 3 of 4 NCHC teams in the tournament are already headed home. Denver is the only quarterfinals survivor, and Massachusetts played Denver even. 

Parity is real. 

And this parity you speak of…only started in the fall of 2016?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sorry, parity is real. 6 of 8 games decided by 1 goal. 6 of 8 games that could have gone either way. 3 of 8 games ended in OT. 
The NCHC plays tough hockey, but 3 of 4 NCHC teams in the tournament are already headed home. Denver is the only quarterfinals survivor, and Massachusetts played Denver even. 

Parity is real. 

B1G Hockey > NCHC.  That’s where we’re at point in time.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Parity is real. 

One could argue that some teams are finding themselves on the right side of parity more often then others.

Like what in the general hell was Ludvig doing trying a sling shot play with the puck in tight quarters?  Not as bad as the BU goalie against Providence, but that's impossible to recover from.  

I think we needed to dress Benoit more as the extra skater for this exact reason tonight.  You don't have Pyke and we are playing 5 d because you can't afford to have Benoit play.  He just didn't get enough time this year to get acclimated.  

I picked them to lose and it still sucks.  

1 minute ago, Shawn-O said:

B1G Hockey > NCHC.  That’s where we’re at point in time.  

And what's even more the gut punch... they smirked and slyly rubbed out faces in thw fact it would happen years ago.

6 minutes ago, KetoChronos said:

Parity is real. 

Yet somehow its always us that gets paritied round 1.  I wonder why that is.  I could understand some 1st round losses but every year come on.....

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

At least Hakstol saved gut-wrenching losses for the Frozen Four.  Berry evidently likes to get them out of the way far earlier than that. 

That's nitpicking, isn't it?  - Nigel Tufnel; Spinal Tap

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Yet somehow its always us that gets paritied round 1.  I wonder why that is.  I could understand some 1st round losses but every year come on.....

But you weren’t scared of Michigan, because the Big Ten was overrated.  

4 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Yet somehow it’s always us that gets paritied round 1.  

BINGO.  It’s only seemingly occurred since the 2016-2017 season.  Well, technically 2018-2019 because UND missed the tournament the two years prior to that.  I just can’t put my finger on what the link is…

• Like 1

Just now, tnt said:

But you weren’t scared of Michigan, because the Big Ten was overrated.  

I wasn't UND should have won that game.  I was more scared we would screw it up ourselves and low and behold.  

Wait....let me try this...

This isn't your Hakstol's NCAA tournament....when it was easy to get to the Frozen Four....way too much parity nowadays....by parity it means....only rich schools with private back channel NIL deals are successful in today's Era!

That's why you see Berry relying on the Portal so much! 

4 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

This is what I’ve been locking into. At this point it isn’t dumb (bad) luck. We have 1 NCAA win since 2016. That’s insane (for a program like ours).

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Papa Smurf said:

Talk about !@#!$ outcome- Big Ten defeats our Almighty NCHC 3-0. Fire everbody

It's only gonna get worse...nil is the death or smaller/, smallish schools. 

30 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

I would like to know the coaching strategy going into the third. Sitting back and playing soft is a great strategy if you want to give up goals to a talented offensive team, especially when the goaltending is average. It’s not like Michigan is a tough defensive team, cause they’re not. You have to attack them and play more in the offensive zone. Was the team gassed? They seem to have found energy the last 5 minutes when they realized their season was in jeopardy. 

100%

Play to win bubs

2 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Deep down I think we all knew this was going to be the end result after watching the last month or so. The sweep at home by CC, followed by the sweep at CC and then Omaha and the loss at the Frozen Faceoff, again to Omaha, were all pretty bad signs that we were trending in the wrong direction. It upsets me that this now seems like the norm with BB. I I hope he along with the rest of the coaching staff have some real difficult conversations b

Yeah, I had hope that the guys would come out and play like their hair was on fire.  They did that for two periods and then the collapse in the third.  Things were definitely off during the stretch run.