SiouxSports.com Forum

UND VS wmu (FRIDAY)

iluvdebbies

Guess that jersey pop was a little premature.
Tychonick did that as well, IIRC.  I was hoping that Matteo would be better than that.

Good win despite not playing anywhere near their best.
They're definitely going to have to play better tomorrow night if they want a chance at the sweep.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Tychonick did that as well, IIRC.  I was hoping that Matteo would be better than that.

They're definitely going to have to play better tomorrow night if they want a chance at the sweep.

Agreed about Matteo, thought he was better than that too. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and just say he more than likely got caught up in the moment and was fired up. If he does it again then I will be more critical of him. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Wilkie did too. None of them had success against their former team, so whatever.

Glad to have Johannes back. We knew he would take some bad penalties, but he's been better about it than I expected. His energy is palpable and (hopefully) infectious. He was pumped for Albrecht's goal, always good to have someone on the bench with that enthusiasm.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Agreed about Matteo, thought he was better than that too. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and just say he more than likely got caught up in the moment and was fired up. If he does it again then I will be more critical of him. 

He would be suit popping drinking coca colas up top if he was still here so I guess he made the right decision. Feel good moment for him even if extremely short lived. 

10 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

That was a game we were lucky to win.  Need to play alot better tomorrow because the puck luck can change quick. 

I believe it is Senior night with a chance to get a share of the NCHC championship, so the incentive should be there.  Of course Western has ruined our Senior night in the past.  I believe CC still has a chance at the title as well.

1 minute ago, Oldguy said:

Constantini can jersey pop all he wants, but he's still playing for a team that probably won't make the playoffs = jackass.

Even if we beat them tomorrow I think they still have a good chance at the NCAA.  The way they take face offs and pressure, they would be a hard out as well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tnt said:

That would put us up 6  points, which means we would have to equal St. Cloud’s points tomorrow to gain a share of the title at worst.

Take that back, as if both St. Cloud and UND lost, Denver could win out and still take it.

31 minutes ago, tnt said:

Even if we beat them tomorrow I think they still have a good chance at the NCAA.  The way they take face offs and pressure, they would be a hard out as well.

I am surprised Western Michigan doesn't have a better won-loss record.

Terribly outplayed tonight. W. Michigan had a huge advantage in puck obsession & shots, but UND held the line with the blocked shots. 

we've been on the losing end of games where we should have won, so good to see that tonight was our night. 

Get the sweep tomorrow night.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Even though he gave up 2 in the 3rd Perrson stole that one.

Was Albrecht's best game this season.

Gaber was everywhere. 

Fun atmosphere at the Ralph. Very entertaining hockey.

Quite a bit of line juggling throughout the night. 

Gaber was giving his normal high effort, but I thought Western did a good job against him but that could be said for the majority.

For as tough a style as Western played, I didn't see a lot of the extra slashes, jabs or other after the whistle crap like UMD.

• Upvote 4

Western still above the cut line after this loss. A win tonight gets them in I think for certain. Even another loss tonight they’ll be better than 50% odds to get in. They stand at 74% probability now.