SiouxSports.com Forum

UND VS wmu (FRIDAY)

iluvdebbies

36 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Long time listener, first time caller here.  Did Western get hot goalied or is that still just us?  Didn't watch game at all. 

I'll hang up and listen. 

Analytically WMU won that game 11-3 if xG counts for anything

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Long time listener, first time caller here.  Did Western get hot goalied or is that still just us?  Didn't watch game at all. 

I'll hang up and listen. 

Starman stated it well. Western throws a lot of shots at the goal but few are grade A chances. Sioux shots are quality shots from close in between the dots, the kind that result in goals. Sioux also have more snipers than Western. Western seems to rely on greasy goals and rebounds - that’s their style of offense. Persson wasn’t tested to the degree the number of SOG’s might suggest. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, ND_Texan said:

Starman stated it well. Western throws a lot of shots at the goal but few are grade A chances. Sioux shots are quality shots from close in between the dots, the kind that result in goals. Sioux also have more snipers than Western. Western seems to rely on greasy goals and rebounds - that’s their style of offense. Persson wasn’t tested to the degree the number of SOG’s might suggest. 

I didn't see the game either but wondered if that might have been the case.  

37 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

What does that do to our expected win frequency tonight?  

If I wear my yellow Sweden Lundqvist jersey......guaranteed win

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ND_Texan said:

Western still above the cut line after this loss. A win tonight gets them in I think for certain. Even another loss tonight they’ll be better than 50% odds to get in. They stand at 74% probability now. 

They play Miami next week, then I assume they would probably need to win their first round playoff series, which could be against another NCAA bubble team.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Was very impressed with Western 

Actually, they play a lot like a bunch of old time Sioux teams— play very aggressively, and take their fair share of penalties because of that aggressiveness. Wish we would be that relentless on a more consistent basis.  I was surprised how many 50/50 puck battles we lost last night.  Need to turn that around tonight to get at least a share of the title.

I like how most of the folks on here generally agree with me that UND needs a better effort in game two. Makes me feel I’m not being too critical lol. Hope they come out and play like the did when they locked down DU to give the team momentum for the last part of season. Not going to predict the score but will predict to see the NODAK jerseys on senior night for whatever it’s worth. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, crb1 said:

And he did the Jersey pop. Never did like that even when our players do it. 

IMHO, the only time a jersey pop is acceptable is after scoring in Mariucci just to mock the Goofs.  :D 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, brianvf said:

36-16 WMU for shots...and UND has one sog this period.  :crazy:

Kinda nice to be on the other side of the "hot goalie" effect for a change :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ND_Texan said:

Well stated by Mr. Starman. That said, we better match their intensity tonight if we want the sweep and obligatory TCoS. ;)