SiouxSports.com Forum

UND VS duluth (Friday)

iluvdebbies

A few thoughts

1. I was wrong in saying Hobie should have started. Perrson did a good job with the few shots he faced.
2. Offense looked more crisp and received the puck luck it did not get last week
3. Defensively I still saw a few random, ill-advised passes to no one that could have resulted in a turnover in the D zone. That still needs to be cleared up
4. Schmaltz, while having not scored a goal this season, adds value to the team simply for his defensive contributions. The goal(s) will come.
5. Miami, in my opinion, played us MUCH better than UMD did. If we end up not winning the PenRossa, having to face UMD twice in NCHC tourney wouldn't be the worse outcome as I feel they are a worse team then Miami

3 hours ago, 1972 said:

When they announced that Berg had his 18th goal of the year, I thought, "man, that is a quiet 18 goals"   I mean you see him scoring them, but it is just like he going to work...nothing fancy, just getting the job done...what portal pickup...this team without him, may be, middle of the NCHC

Heckuva portal pickup.

Wonder why he didn't come to UND right away

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, thUNDer said:

Steve’s is definitely as advertised but Persson stood tall. Hold that line in check tonight again is a big ask. Still think we win. Thinking Theison in goal for them as they do the platoon thing.

PK did an excellent job leaving him covered.   Helps that we only gave them 2 pp. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, burd said:

A LOT of very good players on this team, something we've been commenting on since early in the season.   That said, Blake is the straw that stirs the offensive drink on this team, IMO.   And he seems to be working on his D and situational awareness.  

His pass to Gaber was definitely highlight reel stuff.

35 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

His vision is freakishly good, and his feeds are easier to handle than Grimaldi's were, another guy who seemed to see it all.  

1 hour ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Assuming you mean to Berg, but he had another one to Gaber as well, but that one wasn’t “eyes in the back of the head” good.

33 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

I’ve wondered about that too.  My guess in UND didn’t recruit him as I thought he was a UND fan growing up. 

Berg committed to Omaha super early if I recall. I believe he was playing in the Omaha Lancers AAA program at the time so he was already in proximity to UNO. Probably could have gotten on UND’s radar if he waited a bit longer back then.