SiouxSports.com Forum

UND VS duluth (Friday)

iluvdebbies

4 minutes ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

Haha please share some quips for the group so we can get some laughs after knowing what he’s saying about us 

I'm sure he has captured some real gems on the Twitter/X.

30 minutes ago, jk said:

Probably can't draw any conclusions about UND based on this game.  They look great, yes, but time and space wise it's been like a Bisons game.

After last weekend's debacle, seeing us come out with a purpose was encouraging. Going to be tougher tomorrow night. Need to come out the same.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

Haha please share some quips for the group so we can get some laughs after knowing what he’s saying about us 

Just saw this on Bruce's Twitter..."Google, show me liquor stores near my hotel."

Actually kinda funny; nice job Bruce.

• Upvote 2

Concerning Midco tonight, I got the buffering icon a few times. When I did, I quickly switched channels then switched back right away and had the game again without buffering. They did a software update on the MidcoTV not too loo long ago, that may have something to do with it.

4 minutes ago, Washburn Sioux said:

Concerning Midco tonight, I got the buffering icon a few times. When I did, I quickly switched channels then switched back right away and had the game again without buffering. They did a software update on the MidcoTV not too loo long ago, that may have something to do with it.

i tried that too but to no effect.

27 minutes ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

Sorry I don't remember much verbatim, he mocked Blake a few times for "turtling" just very unprofessional for a radio broadcast in 2023. I used to love listening to homer announcers like Mazzocco and Woog on the old MSC broadcasts even though I disagreed with their biased opinion but they were at least somewhat professional even if they saw the game through maroon glasses. He was calling out the officiating, Blake, other UND players...

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Fighting Sioux Hockey said:

Sorry I don't remember much verbatim, he mocked Blake a few times for "turtling" just very unprofessional for a radio broadcast in 2023. I used to love listening to homer announcers like Mazzocco and Woog on the old MSC broadcasts even though I disagreed with their biased opinion but they were at least somewhat professional even if they saw the game through maroon glasses. He was calling out the officiating, Blake, other UND players...

First time I heard him do a broadcast it was for television...so not only did  I have to listen to him, I had to see him as well.  He was absolutely miserable.

After watching Duluth, I wouldn’t want to count on them taking one from St. Cloud the last weekend of the season, so hopefully we can take care of business ourselves and not need Duluth to steal one.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, tnt said:

After watching Duluth, I wouldn’t want to count on them taking one from St. Cloud the last weekend of the season, so hopefully we can take care of business ourselves and not needing Duluth to steal one.  

You can only count on yourself. Just keep winning and it won't matter what anyone else does or doesn't do.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tnt said:

After watching Duluth, I wouldn’t want to count on them taking one from St. Cloud the last weekend of the season, so hopefully we can take care of business ourselves and not needing Duluth to steal one.  

They took a point from DU last weekend somehow. 
That said, we still have tomorrow…need to come out with similar effort. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

They took a point from DU last weekend somehow. 
That said, we still have tomorrow…need to come out with similar effort. 

Right...just about everything went UND's way tonight conference-wise...Miami takes a point off DU, Omaha beats CC, and Western takes 2 from the Clowns.  

• Upvote 2

It would be nice if Western can take some more points from St. Cloud and Denver take some from them as well, but really we just need to take care of ourselves to maintain our lead and pairwise positioning.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Right...just about everything went UND's way tonight conference-wise...Miami takes a point off DU, Omaha beats CC, and Western takes 2 from the Clowns.  

Alex and Starman either made a simple mistake or they do not know how the points are distributed once you enter into overtime.